It's Official ! 100% Sold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I definitely nominate Simon Biagi as my least liked QVC presenter. He completely spoiled this morning's garden show by bellowing throughout. Added to that was his 'and' 'and' 'and' 'and' 'and'. I glanced up when he mentioned lawns only to see him wearing one, growing out from under his shirt. No Wet n Gro needed in that dept.

I didn't want to switch it off. I like the gardening shows and it was on low as background while I sorted out and put away my Christmas decorations !

Off to dismantle the tree now, I'll sort the lights for tomorrow.

Reading the reviews for the wall tacker was embarrassing, you'd have thought he was auditioning for Hamlet without a microphone and an iPad instead of a skull!

Simon Biagi is known in our household as 'Mr Insincerity'. Think it sums him up.

I totally agree. He acts like a complete t*t and all that fake amazement that he learned from Debbie Flint and all that shaking of the head and talking to the viewers like we are complete idiots (that will probably attract a comment or two :mysmilie_17:). All those confused faces as well as he asks obvious questions that he really should know the answer to after doing the gardening shows for the last 20 years. He's definitely not my favourite and his dress sense is up there with Kathy Tayler's.

CC

I never watch RJ's gardening shows. It is good that we are all different , I don't mind Simon B, it is Craig Rowe that I can't watch... I can't even mute him he has to go off.

ANY of the male presenters are 4 points at the very least up the tolerance scale in comparison to the females.

I think I must have an aversion to the pitch of female voices as I can accept s***e from a male voice for a few seconds longer than anything from the female presenters.

Got to say the brand ambassador for the Princess Grace tat is an exception but I think it is what he is selling and the lies that go with it that is my problem.

I know what about his faux questions, the ones he already knows the answer to, you know with that frowned puzzled expression on his face and when he hears the reply he goes "oh, ok" He knows he's winding people up when he shouts "and" and "there's lots in store here at QVC" you can see he actually enjoys it, which actually says a lot about his character, Simon Dairylee should remember though, those people he likes winding up are the same ones that pay his wages.

We know they are all glued to their I pads, but he's the absolute worst.
A couple of times recently when on with a guest, they are talking to him about the product, he is just staring down at the I pad and completely ignoring them.
This is ignorant to say the least, If I was the guest I'd want to snatch it out of his hand.

"a question has just come in"......the guest has just spent the last five minutes giving that information, but of course he wasn't listening. :mysmilie_854::

Freeview channel 46 is where you can occasionally catch him as he was 'back in the day' on "Wheel of Fortune" game show (i.e. circa 1990-1992, when Nicky Campbell was the presenter). SB presents the prizes, waving his arm at a suite of furniture or a washing machine - it was just not quite enough to win him a BAFTA, even though the cheesy grin was much in evidence. Not a sign of the chest hair in sight. Obviously he's moved on to better things, now he's at Q! :mysmilie_17:

Reading the reviews for the wall tacker was embarrassing, you'd have thought he was auditioning for Hamlet without a microphone and an iPad instead of a skull!

I remember him from home improvement TV shows in the 1980/90's and I've got to say I liked him doing those.

I dont find him that bad but I don't see him that often.

Freeview channel 46 is where you can occasionally catch him as he was 'back in the day' on "Wheel of Fortune" game show (i.e. circa 1990-1992, when Nicky Campbell was the presenter). SB presents the prizes, waving his arm at a suite of furniture or a washing machine - it was just not quite enough to win him a BAFTA, even though the cheesy grin was much in evidence. Not a sign of the chest hair in sight. Obviously he's moved on to better things, now he's at Q! :mysmilie_17:

I think this is him getting out of a small plane and modelling a jacket! (watch from 06:50 for about 30 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCAj_sBcQ8

I haven't seen him for literally years! Not since he did the occasional craft show with Dawn Bibby. I only really get to dip in in the evenings, so it's nearly always Jilly (who doesn't annoy me at all), Jill or Debbie.

AND here is is being interviewed by Will Gowing, obviously plugging loads of QVC products. He seems to have aged really well. I hope I look like that when I get to his age. I wonder if he uses tons of QVC products. He actually comes across as sincere when he talks about ABC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJR8r1-LgZY

I can't think of an example but I must admit he does present well on a rare occasion and I suspect it's when he is solo without a guest.

He's cheesy as cheddar and should put the chest hair wig into retirement, but in the great scheme of things he's nowhere near as irritating as the likes of Flint or Franks, in my book anyway. He certainly did get around in the 1980's and '90's - I also remember him from the type of shows you mention, and I've often caught glimpses of him on some other 1990's game shows that are being repeated.

I remember him from home improvement TV shows in the 1980/90's and I've got to say I liked him doing those.

I dont find him that bad but I don't see him that often.

Great head of hair for a man his age, and he obviously keeps himself in trim.

AND here is is being interviewed by Will Gowing, obviously plugging loads of QVC products. He seems to have aged really well. I hope I look like that when I get to his age. I wonder if he uses tons of QVC products. He actually comes across as sincere when he talks about ABC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJR8r1-LgZY

Latest posts

Back