Gatineau Neck Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I bought a duo a few weeks ago so I can give it a good go to see how effective it is. I'm under no illusion that it will banish my 61 year old turkey neck and necklace lines but would be happy if they were softened somewhat. The condition of my neck is mainly due to having lost 4 stones over 2 years, because even doing it slowly, now I'm older my skin didn't go back to its former tautness.

Anyway my question is - can I wear another moisturiser over the top or would this 'dilute' the effectiveness of the neck gel ?

Thanks xx

I bought a duo a few weeks ago so I can give it a good go to see how effective it is. I'm under no illusion that it will banish my 61 year old turkey neck and necklace lines but would be happy if they were softened somewhat. The condition of my neck is mainly due to having lost 4 stones over 2 years, because even doing it slowly, now I'm older my skin didn't go back to its former tautness.

Anyway my question is - can I wear another moisturiser over the top or would this 'dilute' the effectiveness of the neck gel ?

Thanks xx

ERICS MUM, I had proper wattle action going on (crinkly skin, vertical lines - the worst) and I entirely credit the Gatineau neck gel for tautening the skin and keeping it taut. I've never felt the need to apply more moisturiser on top, but I do always apply my serum down my neck n dec and then put the gel over the top (not forgetting round the back of your neck and behind the ears).

Hope this helps and you get the results you want!

I don't know how effective it is because the first time I tried it My neck felt like it was on fire, turned bright red & swollen & very sore just like it had been burnt. Hope you have better luck.
I've never had this happen with other neck creams.

I've quite deep necklace lines and the Gatineau product made no difference at all to me. The Decleor neck product is fantastic and it used to come up regularly in TSVs but you never see it now. The last time I saw it it was about £60 for a small bottle so I haven't used it in a long time. I hope you get the results you want with Gatineau. It's just finding that certain product that works. JW used to do a good neck cream that was in the diamond collection but it seems to have disappeared.

CC

I remember we all used and love this product(this was before they changed it), then suddenly Andrew came out with the you need to use a cream over it! Many swear by Decelor Prolagene gel under a cream.

M&S own brand neck cream is fantastic and I think now £13.50? Its as good as any high end expensive one.

I have got Aldi's cellsense serum and just use my moisturiser over the top. I am 68 love the sun and my neck is not too bad. I think a lot is down to genes, my mum and nan had good skin. My skin is also still greasy and spot prone. The only down side is I have pigmentation marks due to acne scarring. I have used the Gatineau neck cream and Prai and in all honesty didn't see that much difference. What I would like to see is people with problem skin, sagging, lined etc filmed before and after using these products , better than the models they use.

This is genuinely one of my 'desert island/hero products' - I've been using it for years and my neck is in great condition. I tend to put it on about 10 minutes ahead of my facial moisturiser and then take that down over it. I always take it round the back of my neck but have never thought about putting it behind my ears - I'll give that a try. I'm not sure I'd bother with a serum underneath it as it feels like a serum in itself.

Last edited:
I never found it made any difference to me , though that was years ago.
I went through a phase in my 50' s were my neck was extremely sensitive and had to resort to a simple basic routine.

I tried the Gatineau one a few years back and couldn't see any benefit. I've bought the m&s one recently, must start using it!!

Latest posts

Back