The Real Pie Company TSV 09/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have seen the on air presentations of this and other so called premium foods and also read the comments left by customers. As well as the outrageous post and packing charges the question which I can never answer is how is it that anyone can see these products as value. I guess that I am mobile and have access to more than one high street, farmers markets, good butchers and the major supermarkets so perhaps thats the difference. But why, why, would anyone buy any of these products? They are just so expensive and no better and with no better provenance than widely availble products at a fraction of the Q TSV price!!! People must have too much money

I have seen the on air presentations of this and other so called premium foods and also read the comments left by customers. As well as the outrageous post and packing charges the question which I can never answer is how is it that anyone can see these products as value. I guess that I am mobile and have access to more than one high street, farmers markets, good butchers and the major supermarkets so perhaps thats the difference. But why, why, would anyone buy any of these products? They are just so expensive and no better and with no better provenance than widely availble products at a fraction of the Q TSV price!!! People must have too much money

Cannot agree more.Also, looking at the way some pies arrived due to grossly inadequate packaging for nature of product( not courier manhandling) I can't believe anyone would take the risk time and again. Spending such a lot of money when they could get a better product elsewhere or if they are able,make their own.

These pies are grossly overpriced. Only the stupid would be happy to be ripped off by these products.

We have a pie shop round the corner to me and they make their own products on site. A pie is £1.80

Whenever I`ve seen the pies on air they always look horrible. Nothing would persuade me to buy them.

they are horrible really horrible at least the ones i bought were. the quality sounds inconsistent as some people love or loathe them

I hope the QVC customer isn't naive enough not to realise that the pies cooked to be opened on air are made especially, so will be "crammed to the crust" I had to laugh on one channel hopping visit, when Brett Wannabe said "look, we'll pick any pie and cut it open to show they're all the same" yes Brett, they will be seen as though that particular batch were all cooked "crammed to the crust" to be opened on air. :mysmilie_15:

I hope the QVC customer isn't naive enough not to realise that the pies cooked to be opened on air are made especially, so will be "crammed to the crust" I had to laugh on one channel hopping visit, when Brett Wannabe said "look, we'll pick any pie and cut it open to show they're all the same" yes Brett, they will be seen as though that particular batch were all cooked "crammed to the crust" to be opened on air. :mysmilie_15:

the ones i got were nothing like the ones on air and were quite small as well

Even if they can't get out supermarkets delivery is the same price or cheaper than QVC.

I caved once & bought a TSV. The delivery time was shocking, but I actually quite liked the taste of them once they did. They were expensive though.

I would like to try the fruit pies/crumbles though.

Saw these pies on-air and was decidedly unimpressed. They looked akin to an effort from "Fray Bentos!"

Years ago my mother bought a pie-making machine from QVC. It looked a bit like a sandwich toaster but with deeper wells that were round in shape. I think she only ever used it about twice.

Last edited:
I assume they are doing a pies TSV in February so you stand a (slightly) better chance of getting them by Christmas?

I'm not much of a cook but it's easy enough to braise some meat and veg, thicken it up a bit and make it up into a pie, using shop bought pastry is a reasonable option. Personally I prefer pies with just a pastry lid not completely enclosed it pastry. QVC's pies seem to be rather heavy on pastry, doesn't look light and crumbly as you would expect short crust to be.

If the reports on FB are accurate , they tend to arrive as crumbs.Then good old Brett ?does his magic and sorts it out.Why not appropriate packaging initially, the customer is paying enough. I can get pies made 'on the farm' for £1.50 each or make my own.(haven't worked out the cost).

The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Assorted Favourites Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805953

Auto-Delivery The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Assorted Favourites Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806169

QVC Price £36.50
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £2.95

This tasty selection from The Real Pie Company features a mouth-watering assortment of 12 hand-crafted pies, pasties and rolls in six delicious flavours including the brand new Chicken, Ham & Tarragon pie plus customer favourites Steak & Stout, and Chicken & Mushroom. A real delight for any pie lover, this wonderful assortment will leave dinner party guests satisfyingly full with tasty, 'crammed to the crust' treats.

Baked to perfection - all Real Pie Company pies, sausage rolls and pasties are baked in small batches under the watchful eyes of Real Pie chefs. Wherever possible and as the season allows, they use locally sourced produce and put great taste and quality into everything they make.

From the oven to your door - all pies, sausage rolls and pasties are delivered within 24 hours of being baked and come individually wrapped and labelled with all ingredients and nutritional information, so you can rest assured that you're enjoying a fresh foodie experience every time.

You’ll be left wanting more - select our Auto Delivery option and we'll send you this selection twice more, every 60 days at this great price.

Delivered chilled
Arrives with a minimum shelf life of four days
Can be frozen on arrival for up to six months
It is recommend that they are defrosted before they are reheated

How to cook:

Remove outer packaging, place in a preheated oven on Gas Mark 6 for 30 minutes or until piping hot

Contains:

2 x Steak & Stout Pies (230g)
2 x Peppered Steak Pies (230g)
2 x Chicken & Mushroom Pies (230g)
2 x Chicken, Ham & Tarragon Pies (230g) - NEW
2 x Minced Steak & Vegetable Pasties (220g)
2 x Cumberland with Sage Sausage Rolls (180g)

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document – allergens will be in bold

Please note there can be a /- 10% weight variance for each pie/pastry

Direct despatch: please allow 10-14 working days for delivery. Delivery to Mainland UK including highlands, islands and Northern Ireland

Watching now. I wish Dale wouldn't 'smack his lips' while talking with a mouth full of pie.

Dale is also "crammed to the crust" he's full of poop, I just turned over to hear him say "my wife said Dale.........." that was enough, over the channel goes. Did manage to have a giggle though, the way they put parsley, carrots, garlic and tomatoes to pad out the TSV display, to hide the fact that 12 pies don't really look a lot and you're not really getting that much for £33.

I buy my pies and sausage rolls from my local butcher and they are delicious. Their sausage rolls are out of this world. I just can't understand why anyone would buy pies from a shopping TV channel and certainly not for the price they are asking.

Latest posts

Back