The Real Pie Company TSV 09/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dale aka mr smoothy is a pain in the a**e with his ooing and ahhing when he sticks the food in his gob me i like a pie you can pick up and eat without the inside falling out but each to there own my local baker has great pies for £1 50

I have only watch snippets of any food presentations on Q so know little about them but I still fail to see why anyone buys this stuff.Are they so far from any food shops & need the delivery to the door? The bits I have seen do not look appetising bulked out with veg & mushy filling.I did buy a expensive steak pie to have as standby in my freezer at Christmas bought from a 'high end' supermarket.What a let down! we could have gone to the local pub & got better for half the price.

I have only watch snippets of any food presentations on Q so know little about them but I still fail to see why anyone buys this stuff.Are they so far from any food shops & need the delivery to the door? The bits I have seen do not look appetising bulked out with veg & mushy filling.I did buy a expensive steak pie to have as standby in my freezer at Christmas bought from a 'high end' supermarket.What a let down! we could have gone to the local pub & got better for half the price.
if it waitress their pies are dry and lack taste

I buy pies locally and they are delicious and between £1.50 and £1.70 freshly baked and piping hot. I would like to know how old these pies are when they arrive at the customers address I think they must be at least 3 or 4 days old which to me means they are stale. Who wants stale pies at that price ? Not me!!!

I really enjoy the cumberland pies from morrisons,but I wouldn't touch the pies I have seen on tv with a barge pole...

What I don't get is, if there's only eight people working in the kitchen, how on earth can they get thousands of pies out in ten days? Haven't been made yet? Cobblers! I bet they've got either a couple of hundred that they've made over the past week stashed away or there's more like eighty in that kitchen, me personally I wouldn't care if Andi Peters orthe Queen herself made them, I still wouldn't buy them.

As regulars on here will know, I underwent a replacement hip op last October. I also mentioned that because I live on my own, and would be house-bound for a few weeks, I decided to 'buy-in' these pies when they were the tsv last year, so I could freeze them ready for my incarceration !

I tried one during that time, and ugh ! was not impressed, but given that there were a variety of fillings I tried another. The same ugh ! whether I'm more discerning in my food tastes than others I couldn't say, but I'm ashamed to say I binned the rest. Its so much easier to buy a pastry block, roll it out and plonk it atop some cooked chicken, mushrooms and double cream, give it an egg wash before cooking, and its far tastier than any tv pie !

This is what you get in the 230 gram Steak & Stout Pie, which effectively costs £4.58* delivered.

FILLING (85%): Beef Steak (71%), Stout (3%), Thickener (Wheat Flour, Modified Maize Starch), Seasoning (Salt, Malt Extract, Stabiliser E450, Onion Powder, Yeast Extract, Spices, Dextrose, Rusk, Flavouring)
PASTRY: Wheat Flour, Water, Margarine, (Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed Oil), Emulsifier E471, Water, Salt, Natural Flavour), Egg.

So you get all this for £4.58, that's FOUR POUNDS AND FIFTY EIGHT PENCE for a 230 gram Pie, that has pastry made with 'effin marge!

Do one QVC :mysmilie_13:

* 6 Piece Steak Pie Selection 805998 £21.50 & £5.95 P&P

As regulars on here will know, I underwent a replacement hip op last October. I also mentioned that because I live on my own, and would be house-bound for a few weeks, I decided to 'buy-in' these pies when they were the tsv last year, so I could freeze them ready for my incarceration !

I tried one during that time, and ugh ! was not impressed, but given that there were a variety of fillings I tried another. The same ugh ! whether I'm more discerning in my food tastes than others I couldn't say, but I'm ashamed to say I binned the

rest. Its so much easier to buy a pastry block, roll it out and plonk it atop some cooked chicken, mushrooms and double

cream, give it an egg wash before cooking, and its far tastier than any tv pie !

i did not like them at all the worse pies i have ever tasted. and the most expensive. i think they get casual labour to make them as the inconsistent nature of the pies. very little filling/sauce

It makes me laugh when reading FB comments.Disgruntled customers who have had pies arrive in less than tip top shape, give Brett the Pie Superhero copious praise when he corrects the issues that should never have arisen in the first place ie smashed pies due to ridiculously inadequate packaging.Non-arrival of pies.Horrible tasting pies.Of course it is all Hermes fault.They don't tempt me at all to be honest especially when I see the presentations. Oh ....and of course the price .

While watching the presentation by the two guests, the old adage of 'self praise is no recommendation' came to mind. Far too expensive to even consider ordering.

Let's take the delivery charges out of the equation and, for arguments sake, say that each 230g Pie costs around £3.50

For comparison Waitrose sell a 250g Waitrose 1 (which is their luxury line) Aberdeen Angus Steak & Ale Pie which also costs £3.50

So in fairness to them maybe QVC's price isn't so extraordinary if they are of the high quality that we're led to believe but be honest, if you were going to spend £3.50 on a single serving Pie (and I'm not) where would you spend it?

QVC or Waitrose :mysmilie_59:

I find that Brett fella a little strange.

I must disagree.I find him very strange.

images-3.jpegimages-4.jpeg

Last edited:
iceland do some better pies than waitrose imo. if you buy the more premium ones. telcos are quite good all are better than the qvc fake pies

Latest posts

Back