ASA complaint waiting to happen: Chin Up before & After Pgotographs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Just caught the last few minutes of the Chin Up hour on Ideal Extra and can't believe they can use the before and after photos! View the products here. 'Fraid you'll have to view the video to see them; they're not the same as the still photos on the IW website. (Item 373609)

In the profile views it's so obvious that the models' head position has changed - their hair length at the back of their heads is lower in the after pics because...and here's the science bit- they're tilting their chin up! Maybe that's what's in the box...a slip of paper saying "chip up luv, it may never happen" with bonus CD spoken by hand picked blokes up ladders? Similarly the face-on pictures the nose of the blonde bob lady looks longer in the before photo, then as she tilts up her chin for the after picture her nose is fore-shortened by lifting her chin...OMG...this also does rhinoplasty! It's a nose-job in a box! :mysmilie_59:

Just buy!

So funny :mysmilie_19: I love the before and after shots on Ideal World, they are preposterous.

I recall one hocus pocus potion that the ghastly Brummy woman was shilling (the one who literally trowels her slap on) and the poor old cow that was modelling looked like she'd been dragged through a hedge in the before shot, even her hair was all over the place, her eyes were screwed up, jeez she looked depressed.

And then BINGO! We had Cheryl Cole :mysmilie_17:

(For balance I think I've also seen some pretty laughable before and after shots on QVC and other channels too but perhaps not quite so gratuitously phony)

IMG_0266.JPGIMG_0267.JPG

I wonder where SCHLOCKO is? We haven't seen him for a while.

Maybe he's used so much Fabulift he's waiting to be reborn?

Maybe he's used too much of his stinks? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0273.JPGIMG_0271.JPGIMG_0272.jpg

Lol! A person after my own heart! I also miss the one and only Perfume Pete, and was about to start a campaign for him to be brought back - the only thing holding me back was that I realised I'd get no support. He surely must turn up flogging something soon - perhaps some tranquillising after-shave for Pete (or a straight-jacket?).
I wonder where SCHLOCKO is? We haven't seen him for a while.

Maybe he's used so much Fabulift he's waiting to be reborn?

Maybe he's used too much of his stinks? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13317View attachment 13318View attachment 13319

Some older forumites know perfume Pete is a member of this forum, so he may be reading this right now. He has contributed in the past, so he may like to update us with his latest offerings? I had a giggle at his picture, it must have been a bad day! :mysmilie_59:

If his mate Peter Simon is such a good friend, no doubt he will be offering him some job help, if it's needed. Some of us on here also have long memories and can remember self-pitying remarks from both Perfume Pete and Sal when Bid went belly-up: they would have done better to have stayed quiet, especially as customers (who would have had no insider information as to the state of the company) would have lost out - but hardly merited a mention.

Some older forumites know perfume Pete is a member of this forum, so he may be reading this right now. He has contributed in the past, so he may like to update us with his latest offerings? I had a giggle at his picture, it must have been a bad day! :mysmilie_59:

Sad, but a person can be involved in too many different ventures, and although entrepreneurship is one thing, regularly hopping from one thing to another shows a lack of credibility.

While he may well be likeable (in comparison to grotesques like LITTLE GOLLUM and Dirty Peter) I'm afraid what little credibility he had was all but extinguished when he turned up on Bid having clearly underwent a 'procedure', seemingly Botox.

This was at the same time he was extolling the virtues of Skin Pharmacy, and their 'Botox in a bottle' Snake Venom.

And even worse Skin Pharmacy was a company that he had some kind of commercial link to. But at the end of the day he's a goon, and a goon's mantra is 'don't do as I do, do as I say'.

No thanks SCHLOCKO, taking beauty advice from a bedraggled geezer with a grid like his is like taking fitness and diet advice from a podgy little Aussie who looks like a Wombat :mysmilie_59:

My god they have some front showing this thing. I'm just sat now watching open mouthed. Some poor old woman has had the strap thing on, then they "measured" the difference. I put that in quotation marks, as they almost strangled her pulling the tape measure as tight as they could to show a reduction. It was laughable.

I'm willing to bet that if you just wore that tight strap with none of the supposed treatment oil stuff, that after taking off the strap, you'd notice things feeling slightly tighter. Until everything relaxes again.

Sad that women might be so insecure that they fall for stuff like this. Grow old gracefully ladies, you ALWAYS look better for it.

We are Very, very, very very,very,very............very, very busy, I want one on, I want one,I want one I want one...I really mean this right, not only is it the design, not only the texture, and I really mean this, the best fitness thing in the world ever, I must order one today, it has a motorised brushbar, right, not only is it errrr, red and very err just buy it, just look at the workmanshipb of this moulded glass vase, right...it's unplugged and still getting hotter,. its amazing just buy it!!!

We are Very, very, very very,very,very............very, very busy, I want one on, I want one,I want one I want one...I really mean this right, not only is it the design, not only the texture, and I really mean this, the best fitness thing in the world ever, I must order one today, it has a motorised brushbar, right, not only is it errrr, red and very err just buy it, just look at the workmanshipb of this moulded glass vase, right...it's unplugged and still getting hotter,. its amazing just buy it!!!

I don't have a clue who you are talking about Nexus, because not only because its, well to be fair, right, phone number 48 48, get it t'ome for two fivers and change (even tho real price is £50), but not only, reeeeeeeeeely, looooook at thaaaaaat. :mysmilie_17:

While he may well be likeable (in comparison to grotesques like LITTLE GOLLUM and Dirty Peter) I'm afraid what little credibility he had was all but extinguished when he turned up on Bid having clearly underwent a 'procedure', seemingly Botox.

This was at the same time he was extolling the virtues of Skin Pharmacy, and their 'Botox in a bottle' Snake Venom.

And even worse Skin Pharmacy was a company that he had some kind of commercial link to. But at the end of the day he's a goon, and a goon's mantra is 'don't do as I do, do as I say'.

No thanks SCHLOCKO, taking beauty advice from a bedraggled geezer with a grid like his is like taking fitness and diet advice from a podgy little Aussie who looks like a Wombat :mysmilie_59:

As you say he came across as fairly likeable, but my problem was I never believed a word he said. If he told me tomorrow was Saturday, I would check. And he moved around so quickly from different ventures, either the stuff was rubbish (or simply didn't sell) or he got bored and moved on to a different type of product. Either way, its not good.

Nexus, I think you left out one of the "very's" that were bellowed out! :mysmilie_19: What a bunch of goons they are on this channel...all they are skilled at is talking crappo gobbledegook.

:mysmilie_19:

Absolutely. When you have someone who comes out with hysterical praise that THIS skincare/beauty product is the best thing EVER - then said person vanishes into the woodwork - then re-appears with yet another BEST EVER skincare product, repeato ditto, etc. etc. how can you possibly take the person seriously? And do they not realise that we can make very educated guesses as to whether someone has had a cosmetic procedure, but is crediting the latest BEST EVER product with their 'transformation'? He was good value for a laugh, but as a credible salesperson, I think he lost his way a few turnings back.

As you say he came across as fairly likeable, but my problem was I never believed a word he said. If he told me tomorrow was Saturday, I would check. And he moved around so quickly from different ventures, either the stuff was rubbish (or simply didn't sell) or he got bored and moved on to a different type of product. Either way, its not good.[/QUOTE]

Peter Sherlock, a supposed beauty expert, once urged parents to buy their teenage daughters his anti aging Snake Venom crap. That's anti aging products, for effectively kids.

But then this is also a supposed fragrance expert that urged people to spend over £40 on 'Laurelle Sexxy Shoo' (widely available for £5-£10, or sometimes even less). And I'm sure we all remember the 'Sold in Macys' Jean Paul Du Pont garbage, and that supposed TV advert!

And then of course there was the £1 Poundland Argan Oil products he thought nothing of shilling for £20, £30 or even £40+. They still sell that line of products in Poundland, still for a nicker!

What a SCHLOCKO :mysmilie_59:

That Sexy Shoo muck probably killed 99% of all known germs. I used it for cleaning the toilet...

I had the misfortune of having a sniff of it in T J Hughes when Bid sold it. This was an acrid brew, genuinely unpleasant, it stank.

They were selling Sexxy Shoo in Savers at Christmas for £5. T J Hughes have also sold it for £5.

That's much less than the £7.99 that 'fragrance expert' SCHLOCKO expected people to pay just to get the shat delivered.

So maybe this is one of the many, many reasons that he was known on here as SHYSTER SHERLOCK :mysmilie_19:

I had the misfortune of having a sniff of it in T J Hughes when Bid sold it. This was an acrid brew, genuinely unpleasant, it stank.

They were selling Sexxy Shoo in Savers at Christmas for £5. T J Hughes have also sold it for £5.

That's much less than the £7.99 that 'fragrance expert' SCHLOCKO expected people to pay just to get the shat delivered.

So maybe this is one of the many, many reasons that he was known on here as SHYSTER SHERLOCK :mysmilie_19:

Don't suppose you remember what colour Shoo, you had the misfortune of smelling? Cos a couple of years back, there was a Sexy shoo gift set for sale in Superdrug for £10. It contained two large bottles of black shoo, one for day and one for night, and a minature version of the night time fragrance to go in your handbag. There were testers available, so I had a go. One one wrist I sprayed the daytime version, and it was a wishy washy but inoffensive vaguely fruity fragrance, and on the other wrist I sprayed "night", and boy, it was DISGUSTING! It was literally acrid, and smelled like rancid petrol (if there's such a thing!) I actually asked a sales assistant for a wet wipe so I could scrub it off! Sadly she didn't have one, so I resolved to wash it off when I got back to work. I carried on with my lunch break, but on return to work, I was hit with this wonderful nostalgic smell, and it was exactly like the impulse body spray I used to wear in the 80s, one they had stopped making, and a scent I'd been seeking out for many years after - I was in the work cloakroom at this stage and was asking people what they were wearing, but then it dawned on me that the smell was coming from my right wrist - It was sexy shoo night! I went back next day and bought it, and I always get compliments when I wear it!

Latest posts

Back