ASA complaint waiting to happen: Chin Up before & After Pgotographs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't suppose you remember what colour Shoo, you had the misfortune of smelling? Cos a couple of years back, there was a Sexy shoo gift set for sale in Superdrug for £10. It contained two large bottles of black shoo, one for day and one for night, and a minature version of the night time fragrance to go in your handbag. There were testers available, so I had a go. One one wrist I sprayed the daytime version, and it was a wishy washy but inoffensive vaguely fruity fragrance, and on the other wrist I sprayed "night", and boy, it was DISGUSTING! It was literally acrid, and smelled like rancid petrol (if there's such a thing!) I actually asked a sales assistant for a wet wipe so I could scrub it off! Sadly she didn't have one, so I resolved to wash it off when I got back to work. I carried on with my lunch break, but on return to work, I was hit with this wonderful nostalgic smell, and it was exactly like the impulse body spray I used to wear in the 80s, one they had stopped making, and a scent I'd been seeking out for many years after - I was in the work cloakroom at this stage and was asking people what they were wearing, but then it dawned on me that the smell was coming from my right wrist - It was sexy shoo night! I went back next day and bought it, and I always get compliments when I wear it!

I definitely smelled the black & red and possibly the pink one too, it's going back a bit but they were on sale in TJ's for (I think) a fiver. I don't remember smelling the gold one that they tried to pass off as a higher end stink, I don't think TJ's had that one.

It's subjective I guess, but as I recall they all absolutely stank, genuinely so, but they were only £5.

Of course SHYSTER SHERLOCK and Bid regularly sold them for at least £20 (& £7.99 P&P & £1.53 a call), and sometimes for £40+ before extras :mysmilie_13:

I definitely smelled the black & red and possibly the pink one too, it's going back a bit but they were on sale in TJ's for (I think) a fiver. I don't remember smelling the gold one that they tried to pass off as a higher end stink, I don't think TJ's had that one.

It's subjective I guess, but as I recall they all absolutely stank, genuinely so, but they were only £5.

Of course SHYSTER SHERLOCK and Bid regularly sold them for at least £20 (& £7.99 P&P & £1.53 a call), and sometimes for £40+ before extras :mysmilie_13:

I do miss all those "dubious perfume pitches" though, specially when they said they were for sale in Oxford Street, but didn't say which "Oxford Street" they were referring to, or mention that it was a pop up shop complete with temporary vinyl signage tied on with string and a bloke wearing a woolly hat and fingerless gloves (not just that I'll hasten to add) shouting into a p.a system! Classy eh? The funniest was the ROME one with the epic advert!

Latest posts

Back