Who said QVC was boring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
QVC was on in the background this morning, and, during the Marla Wynne hour, I noticed that they were scrolling messages from viewers defending QVC and selly telly in general against accusations of being boring. No one mentioned them on air and none of the messages had any context, so does anyone here know what they were referring to? I had assumed that something had been written in the press but I can't find anything new. Seemed odd for QVC to have done this somehow. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to be confined to social media.

I've just caught a bit of Jackie Kabler trying to prove that they're not "boring" at all, but what she didn't seem to grasp is the fact that if people find shopping telly boring, they won't be watching to see her trying her upmost best to prove other wise. The Daily Mail ran a poll and shopping telly came number 22 out of the 50 most boring things, Princess Jackie seemed horrified. I do agree though, shopping telly is boring that's why I can only stand it for seconds at a time before I lose the will.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/traffic-jams-kardashians-emptying-bins-9700111 They're up against some pretty stiff competition. :mysmilie_17:

Unless it's a product or brand that I am interested in then it is extremely boring!

Find some of the recent shows poor and hardly watch it these days! Could be just me but I think it's lost it's shine recently, does anyone agree? :mysmilie_1:

Q is boring because you more or less know what you are going to get. Look at Diamonique week .More of the same boring stuff.
We used to get a variety of real jewellery.
Fashion is repetitive.

But I would think many who said it was boring in the poll are not avid watchers or that interested.Probably more used to the excitement of Game of Thrones.

How boring can they get, atm we have a chrstmas outlet..:mysmilie_845:

The least boring thing about QVC at present is the strange evolving hairstyle that Jackie Kabler is sporting. The spaniels' ears are growing longer by the day, but still strangely limp and shapeless (and not remotely flattering to her age or face-shape). The back is still cropped tight to her head similar to how it has always been. It's one of the most bizarre hairstyles I've ever seen... and I'm mystified that she persists with it...

The least boring thing about QVC at present is the strange evolving hairstyle that Jackie Kabler is sporting. The spaniels' ears are growing longer by the day, but still strangely limp and shapeless (and not remotely flattering to her age or face-shape). The back is still cropped tight to her head similar to how it has always been. It's one of the most bizarre hairstyles I've ever seen... and I'm mystified that she persists with it...

Yes it is an ever-evolving do isn't it! Assuming because of all the bleach, her hair is so knackered it doesn't grow long before breaking, so she's probably hanging onto the ears/extensions

I think that peroxide has gone to her head (pun intended). She seems to have developed a ditzy, giggly, Claire Sutton type air head persona, it's quite odd.

I've been watching the Marla Wynne shows, on & off, today, and I have to say, they really have been BORING. It looks like the shine has gone from this range; I used to really look forward to seeing her new stuff.

Marla, herself, seems to have given up coming over, and although Lesley is very nice, she's no Marla.

I now record any shows I'm interested in, then watch them back on the x30 speed! 2 minutes, to watch watch a show = result!

I think Lesley has become one of the most boring BAs on Q. She looks and sounds so "grey", no matter what she wears or says she bores me to tears, she has about 3 phrases and trots them out about 20 per show.

I think Lesley has become one of the most boring BAs on Q. She looks and sounds so "grey", no matter what she wears or says she bores me to tears, she has about 3 phrases and trots them out about 20 per show.

I agree, her monotonous, unenthusiastic, drone is enough to bore a glass eye to tears.

Her clothes have certainly strayed into the traditional nondescript shapes that QVC ask for. It's a shame cos some of the things she used to bring were modern and cutting edge in beautiful quality fabrics.

Very boring when she describes the clothes and the colours were like a puzzle to her!? She doesn't sell me any of them one iota! :mysmilie_14:

Just heard a Flinty Bint saying that now the time limit for keeping things in the basket is 15mins. It used to be 30 and up until very recently 20 so now 15. I wonder does this happen more to the things selling out as I often don't confirm and get an email telling me "it's still waiting for you"

Just heard a Flinty Bint saying that now the time limit for keeping things in the basket is 15mins. It used to be 30 and up until very recently 20 so now 15. I wonder does this happen more to the things selling out as I often don't confirm and get an email telling me "it's still waiting for you"

Sounds like a wheeze for turning the screws to buy, buy, buy to me!

Debbie Flint saying using those pens to obliterate your name and address are a bit like painting and crafting. :mysmilie_854: anything to sell.

I've just caught a bit of Jackie Kabler trying to prove that they're not "boring" at all, but what she didn't seem to grasp is the fact that if people find shopping telly boring, they won't be watching to see her trying her upmost best to prove other wise. The Daily Mail ran a poll and shopping telly came number 22 out of the 50 most boring things, Princess Jackie seemed horrified. I do agree though, shopping telly is boring that's why I can only stand it for seconds at a time before I lose the will.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/traffic-jams-kardashians-emptying-bins-9700111 They're up against some pretty stiff competition. :mysmilie_17:

I don't think it's boring at all. It's the best thing on the box! You know you're never going to hear anything really awful like you would on the news. It's kind of a bit like being in a very slow car crash in a plushly-padded car! I find all the hyperbole and cringeyness just fanflippintastic. Only today I was laughing with a colleague about Alexis Murdoch lathering her hands in a bowl talking about how she buys one soap for her husband who shaves in the shower, one for her kids, their teacher, their neighbour, the postman etc.

Latest posts

Back