Who said QVC was boring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jules, you've perfectly described the reasons why I started watching and continue to do so 20+ years on. I get the feeling folk take QVC far too seriously - like the old fella on facebook demanding men's clothing or those devotees who buy and are disappointed by the Christmas meat bundle for year after year but keep giving Q a chance.

I don't think it's boring at all. It's the best thing on the box! You know you're never going to hear anything really awful like you would on the news. It's kind of a bit like being in a very slow car crash in a plushly-padded car! I find all the hyperbole and cringeyness just fanflippintastic. Only today I was laughing with a colleague about Alexis Murdoch lathering her hands in a bowl talking about how she buys one soap for her husband who shaves in the shower, one for her kids, their teacher, their neighbour, the postman etc.

I only channel hop on for seconds at a time and yes, the whole thing is hilarious from Simon Dairylees fake smile when he gets the answer to his question that he's asked a hundred times before, to the presenters who use/love everything (as do family and friends) and have people coming up to them in the street, coincidentally it seems to be when it's the item they're flogging, to the opulent expensive items (but cheaper elsewhere) especially food, so yes I agree, it's comedy gold.

I confess I only watch these channels now to take the p$$s, and every time I turn on Q I think of the brilliant Dawn French sketch - priceless!

I only channel hop on for seconds at a time and yes, the whole thing is hilarious from Simon Dairylees fake smile when he gets the answer to his question that he's asked a hundred times before, to the presenters who use/love everything (as do family and friends) and have people coming up to them in the street, coincidentally it seems to be when it's the item they're flogging, to the opulent expensive items (but cheaper elsewhere) especially food, so yes I agree, it's comedy gold.

Yes me too! :mysmilie_3:

I searched for that on Youtube last night and unfortunately the miserable BBC have had it taken down. I've seen it loads of times but it always made me laugh. I liked the one where they did the "fake conversation / laughter" at the beginning. Absolutely priceless and bang on the money.

I love the French and Saunders clip and laugh everytime I see it.
It reminds me so much of how ha ha mad some QVC customers are. Cats buying Christmas presents or Valentine presents, people begging for easy pays, others buying what seems to be every TSV under the Sun, or proclaiming QVC is the greatest thing since sliced bread and it`s presenters are all fabulous, and insisting anybody with a negative opinion about anything QVC is a nasty/rude person. You couldn`t make it up !

I laughed the whole way through it.....all shopping telly presenters should be locked in a room with that sketch on 'repeat' for a whole day.

I searched for that on Youtube last night and unfortunately the miserable BBC have had it taken down. I've seen it loads of times but it always made me laugh. I liked the one where they did the "fake conversation / laughter" at the beginning. Absolutely priceless and bang on the money.

LOVE the F&S video :mysmilie_15:
Dawn is definitely channelling Julia Roberts, isn't she!

They have been showing a trailer for a channel 5 show for Sunday night. 'When live tv goes wrong' or some such title, DF is on one of the clips they keep showing.

I love French & Saunders. They did another really good QVC spoof where they really overdid the hilarious laughter in the fake talking at the beginning. That one always used to make me laugh. I wonder if it's on a DVD somewhere? F&S were really excellent in their observational comedy. I used to like it when they did mock versions of the TV programme "Star Test." (Who remembers THAT?!)

I've been watching some QVC today and kept thinking of that Video! It's very accurate as to how some present and say certain false words! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back