Peony Flowers TSV 24/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the next Peony Flowers TSV is on the 24/02/17

We're all fizzing with excitement! OK maybe not! I bet dearest Julie from Shropshire will appear on screen flogging her faux flaaaaaaaaaahs, her Tipp-Ex white gnashers glinting like a toothpaste ad from the 70s. I predict she'll being doing something with a spring
theme like the bluebells / mini daffodils in a vase (which to be fair were quite nice when she touted them last year). There's nothing particularly wrong with her products, I just don't like her or the way she presents them.

she is insisting that if you have to return any peony flowers you have to send it back to her at your own cost and send qvc the receipt for a refund. talk about making an archaic qvc return system even more irritating

This is usually bouquet on autodelivery(Spring; Summer; Autumn and Winter) Spring one usually in gift bag and flogged as suitable for Mother's Day.

I have bought them the last two years and mostly pleased with them freshen them up with fresh foliage and switch them up and the vases quite regularly. Will see if I'm tempted this year if they do this again.

I'm a fan. The last one I bought had the false water and there were not really enough flowers but I bought some extra flowers and leaves C and the arrangement looks really good. One of the original flowers was loose in the arrangement and should have returned but kept it and it doesn't show too much. I may be tempted by the TSV

I've got a little vase of snowdrops and mini daffs which I bought when Peony first came to QVC and it's really lovely. Some of the other things I've had have not been so good. I agree if you mix in some real flowers it does add to the effect. Won't buy faux flowers for my mum, she'd think I was insane (ahem). Actually need to think about Mother's Day now that I'm writing about it.

Julie's OK but she's very gushy. If that sells her wares then why not.

CC

i have a love hate issue with the flowers. they are not always the highest quality but some are nice and some look tatty. after buying quite a few over the years i prefer the bouquets already set up in vases. the bouquet tsv's quality have declined every year. a tip to make the bouquets look full in to put them in a narrow neck vase so the tumble rather than splay out which makes the arrangement look sparse

The first drop is pretty but very similar to last year's which I've already got. Not keen on the three later drops, they look a bit sparse. I suppose at least the lilies don't have the sickly scent like fresh ones or the poisonous ( to cats) pollen if you like lilies. I have them in the garden but don't like them indoors, too funereal.

I like the look of the TSV, but it depends on the price as Peony are sold by HomeSense, along with other very realistic faux flowers

Very tempting, but probably too similar to what I already have. I got the arrangement from 2 years ago which is similar to the first drop with roses and hydrangeas, but they're all white. I like the colours in the first drop, so I may be tempted. I seem to remember them being £35-40 ish?

i have a love hate issue with the flowers. they are not always the highest quality but some are nice and some look tatty. after buying quite a few over the years i prefer the bouquets already set up in vases. the bouquet tsv's quality have declined every year. a tip to make the bouquets look full in to put them in a narrow neck vase so the tumble rather than splay out which makes the arrangement look sparse

Same here. My first purchase was three tall, skinny vases with roses. I was really impressed at first but began to think they looked awful so I put them all in one vase and as a "denser" display, they look much better. I tend to prefer the little arrangements. I love my roses in mirror cubes and they were really cheap.

Same here. My first purchase was three tall, skinny vases with roses. I was really impressed at first but began to think they looked awful so I put them all in one vase and as a "denser" display, they look much better. I tend to prefer the little arrangements. I love my roses in mirror cubes and they were really cheap.

I also love the roses from Peony, I went berserk when I discovered I did actually like them (after sneering at them for some time) and have a fair few cubes/jars now. Plants tend to die on me and I think real flowers are a waste of money so these are a great idea.

I've not bought the TSV before though - I have the green/white hydrangea bouquet from Q which is lovely because it's so dense, so would you rate the TSV bouquets?

(AndiK, I feel like I end up mirroring everything you say, but it's only because I feel that way too, honest guv!)

I also love the roses from Peony, I went berserk when I discovered I did actually like them (after sneering at them for some time) and have a fair few cubes/jars now. Plants tend to die on me and I think real flowers are a waste of money so these are a great idea.

I've not bought the TSV before though - I have the green/white hydrangea bouquet from Q which is lovely because it's so dense, so would you rate the TSV bouquets?

(AndiK, I feel like I end up mirroring everything you say, but it's only because I feel that way too, honest guv!)

I think mostly on here we are just like-minded people with a common mistrust of QVC and a shared enjoyment of discussing our purchases so we can filter out the real bargains and quality items from the rip-offs and duds. It's particularly useful for me because I know literally nobody who even watches QVC, let alone buys (unless they are doing it in secret but I haven't seen the evidence). Inevitably, a lot of us have similar likes/dislikes. Fortunately, where we don't agree, we don't kick off and accuse each other of lying or being thick!

Anyway, just to keep up the "mirroring" theme, I too used to sneer at faux flowers. I still think they are hit and miss, as are the reviews on the Q website. Has anyone ever had any Peonies with fraying petals? Instant turn-off!

I find the large bouquets (like the TSV) to be of much better quality than cheaper items under £25. I think Peony really is a case of "you get what you pay for".

I think mostly on here we are just like-minded people with a common mistrust of QVC and a shared enjoyment of discussing our purchases so we can filter out the real bargains and quality items from the rip-offs and duds. It's particularly useful for me because I know literally nobody who even watches QVC, let alone buys (unless they are doing it in secret but I haven't seen the evidence). Inevitably, a lot of us have similar likes/dislikes. Fortunately, where we don't agree, we don't kick off and accuse each other of lying or being thick!

Anyway, just to keep up the "mirroring" theme, I too used to sneer at faux flowers. I still think they are hit and miss, as are the reviews on the Q website. Has anyone ever had any Peonies with fraying petals? Instant turn-off!

its variable regards the fraying petals. peony are not the very finest silk flowers and they do stuff for john lewis for example. and these are better than what they do for qvc but the prices in john lewis is quite a bit higher.

Latest posts

Back