Ideal Gardening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Right! Have you all got it - the Norway Spruce tree in a pot WILL NOT APPEAR AGAIN! Pete has just told us this, so of course I believe it. He's also said that the compost has 'gone through the roof'. I would think the Insurance Company might have something to say about that......speaking personally, most of us pot up our plant cuttings or put it on our gardens, Pete. Hilarious watching him speaking over the woman from the company, and when she dared to speak over him, she got the daggers look.

Right! Have you all got it - the Norway Spruce tree in a pot WILL NOT APPEAR AGAIN! Pete has just told us this, so of course I believe it. He's also said that the compost has 'gone through the roof'. I would think the Insurance Company might have something to say about that......speaking personally, most of us pot up our plant cuttings or put it on our gardens, Pete. Hilarious watching him speaking over the woman from the company, and when she dared to speak over him, she got the daggers look.

SHREQUE was shilling that Tree last week, he claimed they only got a few of them because a supermarket cancelled an order and that they barely had any to go around.

It didn't seem a bad buy at all actually but I'm guessing that's because they've really got ****** LOADS of them :mysmilie_59:

The funniest bit was Pete and the woman guest both wearing red tops.....I thought I'd regressed to Christmas when I first switched over.. It must agree the tree did look nice, but I could catch very little detail about it, due to Pete's constant "Oh no!" "Now, you must get this home", "you won't EVER see this again". Terminal boredom set in, and I switched over pronto.

SHREQUE was shilling that Tree last week, he claimed they only got a few of them because a supermarket cancelled an order and that they barely had any to go around.

It didn't seem a bad buy at all actually but I'm guessing that's because they've really got ****** LOADS of them :mysmilie_59:

He was on about the pansies :mysmilie_17:that they were selling they we not going to last the show just buy them that was 3shows ago they are still there utter plonker

The funniest bit was Pete and the woman guest both wearing red tops.....I thought I'd regressed to Christmas when I first switched over.. It must agree the tree did look nice, but I could catch very little detail about it, due to Pete's constant "Oh no!" "Now, you must get this home", "you won't EVER see this again". Terminal boredom set in, and I switched over pronto.

I swear this is true but I have spoken to multiple people, particularly colleagues. who simply switch off when Peter Simon is on. Even worse some have said they don't bother switching on ever again.

I'm not making this up, do they not see that the presentation is now becoming quite grotesque?

We know Ideal World paint themselves as a discount channel and they would have us all think it's as cheap as chips (when it patently isn't). However, it will take more than beyond cheap presentation (with certain goons only mentioning one Flexipay installment) to make us truly believe that it's still the home of a great bargain.

It does still have some great buys (but usually mostly hoovers and steam generators), it also has a whole load of genuinely monumental rip offs too :mysmilie_59:

I have mentioned IW (mainly )and QVC to people and they are switching on to them for the first time purely to see if they are as much of a bunch of lying, shifty blaggards as I have described. Some initially find entertainment value in people such as Peter S then find him appalling when he reveals his true vileness. Not many of those I have 'introduced' have gone on to be regular shoppers.Thank God as I wouldn't want to help line their pockets any further to be honest.

Last edited:
Well, mossie, when you think of how very rare pansies are....you never see them in the shops or garden centres, do you? :mysmilie_17: He's just bonkers.

He was on about the pansies :mysmilie_17:that they were selling they we not going to last the show just buy them that was 3shows ago they are still there utter plonker

All over the country people watching him for the first time will find their jaws hitting the floor...I must admit when I first saw him "go into one", I couldn't believe it, either.
I have mentioned IW (mainly )and QVC to people and they are switching on to them for the first time purely to see if they are as much of a bunch of lying, shifty blaggards as I have described. Some initially find entertainment value in people such as Peter S then find him appalling when he reveals his true vileness. Not many of those I have 'introduced' have gone on to be regular shoppers.Thank God as I wouldn't want to help line their pockets any further to be honest.

Latest posts

Back