Thought it was Jewellery Day!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Jewellery day and they are showing a cape :wait::thinking::taphead:

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. FU at least 2 different styles shown umpteen times and LR scarves by the dozen.

Jewellery is one of the few shows I still have some interest in watching but ye gods it was Groundhog Day, the same half dozen bit over and over with the same sound bites each time.

And so much that was just costume " jewellery". How low things have sunk. Remember when jewellery day was full of real gems set in silver or 9ct gold, not to mention silver days & gem days?
Now even Honora is mostly set in bronze.

And so much that was just costume " jewellery". How low things have sunk. Remember when jewellery day was full of real gems set in silver or 9ct gold, not to mention silver days & gem days?
Now even Honora is mostly set in bronze.

Agree. I used to look forward to jewellery days and Gem week,but I just dip in now.
I don't buy much costume jewellery so nothing tempted me.
The Frank Usher patterned capes were lurid and unappealing.

It was a very bizarre jewellery day, I agree. Something wrong with their planning as what jewellery they had was often very tawdry-looking. One thing I noticed with the Lola Rose stuff, lots of visible stringing of the beads. Is this their Toblerone moment?

I didn't channel hop once yesterday, because you can walk down any high street in Britain and get your fill of cheap costume jewellery, QVCs costume jewellery brands aren't so cheap though, they're Chinese made with a high mark-up and a name that only QVC customers will of heard of.

It was a very bizarre jewellery day, I agree. Something wrong with their planning as what jewellery they had was often very tawdry-looking. One thing I noticed with the Lola Rose stuff, lots of visible stringing of the beads. Is this their Toblerone moment?

I said that last night to Mr L. It's a pet hate of mine so I notice when the spacing is uneven and no matter how much I might like it otherwise it would annoy the hell out of me.

I used to love jewellery day, and when it was held, Gem Week. I think there used to be a jewellery day in September, and I was always put out because we go away on holiday then, and I always missed it. Now I could not care less.

I do have some costume jewellery from QVC, B & W from many years ago, before Simon went down the road of hideous creations.

I used to buy lots of rings, bracelets and watches from QVC with proper gems in them. Now they are few and far between, and when I do see some I am just not tempted - and the prices are just too much for me. Being a Honora fan, I watched some of the show yesterday, and did not see anything I liked whatsoever, I also thought that the items were quite expensive too. It does not help that I am not fussed on the new Honora rep either.

Oh, for the good ole days.

I used to love jewellery day, and when it was held, Gem Week. I think there used to be a jewellery day in September, and I was always put out because we go away on holiday then, and I always missed it. Now I could not care less.

I do have some costume jewellery from QVC, B & W from many years ago, before Simon went down the road of hideous creations.

I used to buy lots of rings, bracelets and watches from QVC with proper gems in them. Now they are few and far between, and when I do see some I am just not tempted - and the prices are just too much for me. Being a Honora fan, I watched some of the show yesterday, and did not see anything I liked whatsoever, I also thought that the items were quite expensive too. It does not help that I am not fussed on the new Honora rep either.

Oh, for the good ole days.

I remember booking a day's annual leave to watch the big jewellery shows, now I don't even have the sound up. Agree about the new BA for Honora, Ralph is a hard act to follow IMO

I don't have anything against costume jewellery, if I like something - I like it- and what it is made of doesn't matter - I will happily wear something at 1000 squid and 20 quid in a sale, and enjoy them equally. I like big statement pieces and TBH for that you really need to think costume unless you have a lot of disposable income.

But the costume jewellery isn't thrilling is it? You see much nicer stuff on the high street.

I think Honora may go downhill now. As you say, Ralph is a hard act to follow & the items themselves aren't nice enough now to entice.

But the costume jewellery isn't thrilling is it? You see much nicer stuff on the high street.

I think Honora may go downhill now. As you say, Ralph is a hard act to follow & the items themselves aren't nice enough now to entice.
Sorry I meant costume jewellery in general - totally agree about Q. At one time Frank U was affordable and mostly nice but now it is very LoveRocks which is not for me.

I've never had any proper jewellery, apart from my engagement / wedding / eternity rings, and will always be happy if Lola Rose is in the mix, although that is the only jewellery brand I've ever bought from Q. I agree that a lot of them are expensive for costume pieces, and find brands like Bibi Bijoux and Love Rocks very tacky. Butler and Wilson is hideous to the point of entertainment, for me, so don't mind those hours so much, plus Simon Wilson is a bit of a loose cannon, which can be entertaining if he's on with a presenter he doesn't approve of. I wouldn't line Michelle Mone's coffers if she was the last jewellery brand on earth. I quite like the look of some Links of London pieces, but have made a conscious decision not to go there.

Latest posts

Back