Sharon and Goody

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goody, Tanya, Sharon

I haven't seen Sharon or Goody for ages and there have been a number of new models of late; what's going on?

Sharon is still on QVC, she does a lot of fashion and makeup shows, but I haven't seen Goody or Tanya for ages.

Was thinking about them the other day, found your question today when I googled them.

Sharon is still on QVC, she does a lot of fashion and makeup shows, but I haven't seen Goody or Tanya for ages.

Was thinking about them the other day, found your question today when I googled them.

I know that Goody has done a few MH shows because it's been mentioned on here but I haven't seen Sharon in either beauty or fashion shows.

No Sharon and Tanya are not on Q anymore, in fact don't think Sharon really did beauty shows anyway,

Two different QVC Sharons. The rather fabulous African-Caribbean one, with the elegant hand gestures, is the one who has sadly been let go.

There is a more mature dark haired Sharon, who is still a regular. But whereas once upon a time there was a 'team' of regulars on the books, there are now more and more 'new' faces, shapes and sizes who don't appear to have had any modelling experience, the way they are unable to carry themselves, and most don't seem to know where to put their hands. I tend to guess they're all yuni students who are trying to make a buck during the holidays !

Someone was asking about Sharon the elegant one, though a number of people think she was full of herself and Tanya on Facebook yesterday. Bring them back to QVC. Doubt that will happen.

Perhaps the new young women who don’t seem very experienced in the modelling business are cheaper - eg minimum wage. I should imaging Tanya, Goody and Sharon commanded a higher rate of payment and were ‘let go’ as a cost-cutting exercise.

Perhaps the new young women who don’t seem very experienced in the modelling business are cheaper - eg minimum wage. I should imaging Tanya, Goody and Sharon commanded a higher rate of payment and were ‘let go’ as a cost-cutting exercise.

I agree EM, they've got rid of staff, closed an hour early from 2am to 1am, phones lines not 24 hour anymore, stopped the morning show comp £50, stopped the lunchtime show comp £75, clamping down on repeat returnees, so yes definitely smacks of cost cutting, those profits must be getting less as the days go by.

There were two models called Sharon. Sharon Fifer is still going strong, but the one who disappeared was the twirly Sharron who could make a sack look elegant... That's Sharron Raynor.

Who remembers Elegant Sharon Raynor doing a show and the presenter said you could pull that skirt up and wear as a dress. Faster than a whippet Sharon stepped behind the scenery and did it, came out and sashed down the walk way.

Who remembers Elegant Sharon Raynor doing a show and the presenter said you could pull that skirt up and wear as a dress. Faster than a whippet Sharon stepped behind the scenery and did it, came out and sashed down the walk way.

Yes and the models now would stand there, rabbits in headlights, brains freezing, waiting for the floor worker to tell them when to twirl. No individuality, quality modelling. But then the “fashion” doesn’t deserve it.

That's style.

Sharon R was my favourite model because she managed to be professional but with style and personality. I'm amazed they let her go but kept on the wobbly and increasingly immobile-faced Tiff.

I've noticed every time I've channel hopped on to QVC, more often than not Ali Bailey is on be it "fashion" or beauty products. She reminds me of a younger version of Tiff, with an expression that's totally lacking in personality and a painted on smile, compare them to Sharon, Tanya and Goody who's smile radiated warmth and likability and it's no contest. QVC are trying to put them selves as up there thinking they're high end, well with selling the likes of Quacker Factory, JML products and High Street Tv, they might want to think again.

She seems to post to the QVC Facebook page quite a bit. Putting up photos of her using beauty products sold on QVC. I thought she was doing it to make sure she kept her job with them?

I agree EM, they've got rid of staff, closed an hour early from 2am to 1am, phones lines not 24 hour anymore, stopped the morning show comp £50, stopped the lunchtime show comp £75, clamping down on repeat returnees, so yes definitely smacks of cost cutting, those profits must be getting less as the days go by.

Seems like they’re tinkering round the edges of a larger problem, rather than grasping the channel with both hands for a root and branch review. One glaring issue that needs addressing ASAP (in my opinion) is fashion. I’d go so far as to say fashion is the Lynch-pin of the channel. If that’s not right it will deter people watching the channel and buying other stuff such as beauty and jewellery on the spur of the moment.

If you look on Ideal World website, they've got lovely tops for £6.99 and clearance tops with one pound delivery, QVC would never compete with that so IW have cornered the affordable, good quality clothing corner of the market, while QVC were thinking what customers really wanted was one hundred and fifty pound crinkled Yong Kim tops, eighty pound pair of trousers, one hundred and twenty pound shoes and one hundred pound Join tops. Come to think of it, IW have corned the one item number one p and p, next day delivery and free returns part of the market too, these are all things QVC should be offering their customers if they want to survive, me personally though, I can never see any of that happening they'd rather go down with the ship, like the Titanic.

She seems to post to the QVC Facebook page quite a bit. Putting up photos of her using beauty products sold on QVC. I thought she was doing it to make sure she kept her job with them?

Sharon Fifer?
Remember Beth used to post loads but they still dispensed with her services!

Latest posts

Back