Ecoegg TSV 09/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ecoegg 12 Fresher for Longer Discs with 2 Holders
Item Number: 805940
QVC Price £16.50
Todays Special Value Price £12.96
P&P £2.95

This set of 12 Fresher for Longer discs and two holders from Ecoegg is designed to help your fruit and vegetables stay fresher for longer, by absorbing gas which can cause your produce to go off. Pop them in your fridge, fruit bowl, lunch box, and cool box, and help your healthy food keep fresh!

Stop the cycle - as your fruit and veg starts to go off, ethylene gas is released. However this same gas is the very reason behind that same produce goes off, so it's a vicious cycle. The discs absorb the gas and therefore slow down the decaying process, keeping your food going for that bit longer.

The gift of time - by helping to extend the life of your fruit and vegetables, you get a bigger window to eat it all up. This is perfect if you're trying to eat healthier, save money, or cut down on waste.

Hold your discs up - currently only available at QVC, the holders included can be used in four different ways: free-standing using the suction cup at the base, hung on the internal fridge wall using the suction cup at the back, hung over a side of a crisper drawer, or hung from a wire.

Three months of freshness - each disc will last for up to three months, meaning this pack of 12 could keep you going for up to three years. The discs are also water-resistant.

Disc (diameter x width): 90mm x 0.6mm

What's in the box?

12 x Fresher for Longer discs
2 x disc holders (l x w): 12cm x 9cm (4.7" x 3.5")
2 x hooks (l x w): 6cm x 1cm (2.4" x 0.4")
2 x suction cups (diameter) 3cm (1.2")
1 x instruction leaflet

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805940

This had dreadful reviews the last time it was a TSV. So much so, I cancelled my order!!

I have found them really good. All my fruit and veg lasting a lot longer. Usually throwing things out but not now.

I've found the same. I keep one in my fridge and one in the fruit bowl and I can't remember the last time I had to throw any fruit or vegetables away because they'd "gone off."

I've found the same. I keep one in my fridge and one in the fruit bowl and I can't remember the last time I had to throw any fruit or vegetables away because they'd "gone off."

Yes I got them the last time they were on and I think they're a great idea vegetables last much longer and I don't have so much waste. Totally recommend them.

Thanks for the feedback from past purchasers as in a weak moment about 1.00am, I clicked the button and bought the TSV then regretted it this morning. My second Q purchase this year - how things have changed! After literally only yesterday filling two compostable food recycling bags with stuff from the bottom drawer of my fridge and a veg box (probably a total of £8 wasted), I thought I'd give them a try and if I find them useless (although it sounds like I won't), I can return them in 30 days for very little postage. Unfortunately, knowing how I buy stuff with good intentions and then either forget or can't be bothered to prepare it, having the Ecoegg discs will probably simply mean I throw stuff out after 3 weeks instead of 2! Looking forward to trying these disky things though.

I received a free gift with a Lakeland order last year of an Oxo Green Saver box which has a carbon filter in the lid and is supposed to keep food fresh longer like these disks. I have not found it much good though, and the replacement filters are about £8 for 4 if you get them on offer (£11 on Amazon). The TSV looked a bit of a bargain by comparison.

Latest posts

Back