Ruth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On Lorraine this morning Sasha (from Q) modelled various headwear for Ascot and Katherine (QVc) wore occasion dresses from different retailers.....they both looked stunning. All the prices were reasonable or reduced. Renee came on Q.V. later charging MORE for a polyester print- sleeveless top!

On Lorraine this morning Sasha (from Q) modelled various headwear for Ascot and Katherine (QVc) wore occasion dresses from different retailers.....they both looked stunning. All the prices were reasonable or reduced. Renee came on Q.V. later charging MORE for a polyester print- sleeveless top!

Any with the shoulders cut out, they charge more for that on Q
:mysmilie_19:

It costs so much extra to make a dress with less fabric !

Yes, because there is more skill involved (or should be) to make a garment sit right and drape properly with less fabric. Mostly on QVC we seem to see poorly executed cold shoulder designs, but you can find similar monstrosities everywhere.

Really enjoy the Ruth-Jackie combination and the format where the models are allowed to talk more about that they are wearing. They don't come over as a clash of the titanic egos like Andi Peters and Dale on that cooking show thingy.

Probably much improved by not having Katherine and her mum Jane modelling. I've gone right off Katherine due to the way she conducts herself on the Lola Rose shows. I don't care if she and Nicki are BFFs, but on air doing a professional job don't carry on like you're interrupting your chat to work, please.

It's one of the better recent format changes QVC have brought in, IMO.

Yes, I always liked Katherine - a real stunner, but she's suddenly become all things to all men. She has on her cv, 'presenter' (?), helps Craig choose his clothes, writes poetry, in the promo with her Mum for Lola Rose etc etc. Big push to raise her profile even more ?????

Really enjoy the Ruth-Jackie combination and the format where the models are allowed to talk more about that they are wearing. They don't come over as a clash of the titanic egos like Andi Peters and Dale on that cooking show thingy.

Probably much improved by not having Katherine and her mum Jane modelling. I've gone right off Katherine due to the way she conducts herself on the Lola Rose shows. I don't care if she and Nicki are BFFs, but on air doing a professional job don't carry on like you're interrupting your chat to work, please.

It's one of the better recent format changes QVC have brought in, IMO.

I think they are a great duo and work well together presenting! Not sure about some of the clothes but an enjoyable show none the less!

Slightly a little more me but ghastly again the miss match would drive me around the bend, same when they had trousers and the legs didn't match.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Pia-Zig-Zag-Pr...-by-Onjenu-London.product.167493.html?sc=IROA

:mysmilie_10:

Drives me mad, too. Especially when two pieces of material are sewn together on the back of a garment. Back on the rail it goes.

I've just read the JR thread and now know what the fuss is about with JR and that dress. Sorry, but what was she thinking. She'd have been better off in her own clothes (yes, even the horrible Max Wall leggings). Can't believe they spent nearly 6 minutes on that bit of tat.

Don't get me started about the tan. I love a healthy golden colour, but that? Dreadful. OH snorted his tea when he saw her (Q on in the background as usual), which made me look up and triple take. As it was the James Read day I honestly thought that it was a fake tan mistake. I was shocked to find out here that it's a natural tan.

I was at a local restaurant not long ago where the waitress was getting stared at because of her "tan" (about as brown as JR's). I think she must have thought the looks were envying, but they were more shock and agog. I asked her if she'd been away (I'm incurably nosy and just wanted to avoid what she'd be using in case I made a mistake!). Nope. Brand of fake tan from her salon I'd never heard of and sunbeds. Very sad for a twenty-something to feel she looks better looking like one of those OAP tan-obsessed wrinklies you'll always find somewhere at a med resort.

Don`t talk to me about fake tans or sunbeds. Hubby has an 18 year old grand daughter who`se at College and training to be a hairdresser. She got a sunbed for her last birthday and seems to live on the damned thing plus she also tops it up with fake tan too. She is as brown as an old sideboard and will have skin like a rhino by the time she`s 25. But can you tell her .......... not a chance !

I get bored lying out in the sun very quickly. I then tend to read, but I just end up too hot. Whenever we go abroad I never get that much of a tan I just can't be bothered, and I am always concerned about burning. I went to Sicily years ago (well eons ago in truth), in my early teens, and had sunstroke. It was horrible. I think that is still always in the back of my mind when lying in the sun.

SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!

After all the hint hint hint, that she'd LOVE to be asked to go on Strictly, and is 'never asked', her persistence has paid off, and its been announced that she's on this coming series.

Gawd did she ever fall on her feet when hooking up with Holmes eh ? daily presenter / QVC profile / continual stories appearing about her life and the dog and her son Jack in womens magazines / and jolly trips abroad to film a documentary on how the other half live. You worked it really well Ruth.

Quite honestly I always feel a bit sad for the other children of Eammon - they never get a mention, its as though 'Jack' is the centre of both their lives - well according to old helmet head anyway.

Oh no! I like Strictly, and now she's on that as well! We can hardly switch the tv on these days without seeing her on it.
Hope she gets voted off as soon as possible.

I'm moaning and it hasn't even started yet. :mysmilie_365:

Thought she was gushing the other day on the last of this series about bringing out her own collection in the Autumn and despite not being on screen she would be at QVC working on it ....... Perhaps they'll find a room for her to do her twirling in. in between sketching her collection !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruth comes over very well, and is clearly a skilled broadcaster in her own right. The hours she's had at QVC have been easily the best fashion hours they've had in ages... far better than the dreadful morning fashion hours Kathy Tayler did last year (have they been scrapped, as I've not heard a peep this year?). The outfits they've put together have almost uniformly been - shock, horror! - wearable...

She's not over-exposed for me as I don't watch celeb programmes, or Loose Women, and just the title of the show she did with Eamonn annoys me. It's not "How the Other Half Lives" it's "how about 10% of the population live".

Ruth comes over very well, and is clearly a skilled broadcaster in her own right. The hours she's had at QVC have been easily the best fashion hours they've had in ages... far better than the dreadful morning fashion hours Kathy Tayler did last year (have they been scrapped, as I've not heard a peep this year?). The outfits they've put together have almost uniformly been - shock, horror! - wearable...

She's not over-exposed for me as I don't watch celeb programmes, or Loose Women, and just the title of the show she did with Eamonn annoys me. It's not "How the Other Half Lives" it's "how about 10% of the population live".

I like Ruth too. I don't watch Strictly or Loose Women either. I also like Eamonn but I think I may be in a minority here!

Latest posts

Back