Ruth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I see that Ruth Langsford is going to be presenting shows alongside Jackie Kabler. (See Jackie's blog.) She is going to be picking her favourite items from QVCs vast "fashion" wardrobes! What on earth is she going to find in there that she can pretend she would wear? I read a magazine interview with her + she does practically all her shopping in Phase Eight. I can't exactly see her rocking up on the proper TV wearing crumpled Yong Kim or Coco Bianco Palazzo pants. I am going to have to watch to see what garbage they come out with + watch Ruth's nose grow like Pinocchio's when she tries to tell us how much she loves something!

She`s never off telly, either in chat shows, programmes about the rich and famous filmed with her hubby or at awards ceremonies and not once have I seen her wearing anything which could be from QVC. The last photo I saw of her in the paper was taken at some recent TV awards ceremony and the evening dress was designer, the shoes were Jimmy Choo and the jewellery was from a London exclusive store.
There was also a fairly recent spread in Ideal Homes magazine and nowhere in the photos at their £3.79 million house did it show QVC fashion and none of the items she wore in the shoot were from Q either. It`s nothing but a paid job to her, she`ll spout how wonderful QVC fashion is, lots of daft women will believe her and want to look like her, it will be a job well done as far as q is concerned and she`ll grab her pay cheque and go back to wearing her own clobber as soon as she`s out of the studio.

She's also bringing her own line of clothing in May:

Then in May, she’ll be back for another series, this time with her very own fashion collection, designed especially for us. I can’t wait for the first show, and really hope you will join us, it’s going to be great fun.

There's been lots of women on Facebook already going on about how they can't wait for the shows with her + how excited they are that she is coming to QVC. How sad!!

She's also bringing her own line of clothing in May:

Then in May, she’ll be back for another series, this time with her very own fashion collection, designed especially for us. I can’t wait for the first show, and really hope you will join us, it’s going to be great fun.

She really should start her "fashion" journey in the hairdressers, the woman looks like she's wearing a helmet.

Probably nothing new or innovative just the same old Q stuff with her as the name.i don't mind her when presenting but that's about it.

I like Ruth on the telly but I've never seen her as a fashion statement. She's quite large and often looks frumpy. She wears the same style dresses which are unflattering. I too will be curious to see which ranges she'll be picking out and what she will bring to QVC herself. I haven't bought anything from QVCs fashion ranges for a couple of years now as it's all just overpriced, outdated rubbish.

She always looks like she's wearing a size too small, those fitted dresses she favours are always pulled tight across the stomach and hips.
Not someone to take 'fashion' advice from, and as already mentioned, her hair never moves and she is stuck in that same style she's had for years.

I quite like Ruth. Why she is associated with a shinky-shonky outfit as QVC defeats me...

She always looks like she's wearing a size too small, those fitted dresses she favours are always pulled tight across the stomach and hips.
Not someone to take 'fashion' advice from, and as already mentioned, her hair never moves and she is stuck in that same style she's had for years.

She can arm wrestle Julia for the small.

I quite like Ruth. Why she is associated with a shinky-shonky outfit as QVC defeats me...

I like her too and I certainly don't think she's fairly large as someone said. I think what she wears on television is quite appropriate and not frumpy. However the only range from QVC that I could picture her wearing is Onjenu though maybe she might wear Yong Kim in a more casual situation. I will be interested to see what is her choice from QVC's "fashion" but I won't be buying any of QVC's overpriced clothing.

I think she'd like Quacker Factory or one of Anthony's confections. :mysmilie_50:

Talking of male designers, what's happened to Harald Pomplemousse ? Not seen him for yonks.

Latest posts

Back