These Beauty Bloggers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I, for one, get sick of seeing articles in the Sunday colour supplements about this or that beauty blogger - it seems to be a quick filler for the magazines, rather than anything out of the ordinary. OK, it might have been a good idea when people started blogging, but these bloggers are not exactly rare as hens teeth these days, and as you say they are extremely unlikely to be unbiased as to what products they recommend.

QUOTE=Ellaaa;886143]It's impossible to be unbiased as a beauty blogger, in my opinion, unless you are doing it all for free and buying all the products yourself.

If you want to build it up as a "business" and make some money from it (or get freebies from brands to try) then there will always be an element of cosying up to brands.

Once a blogger builds up a presence on the net then brands will start to send them things to try. If the blogger is completely honest about something that they think is rubbish then the brand is hardly going to continue sending them freebies. If the blogger says something great about a brand then the brand will start sending them more products to review.

I can't believe people fall for it, to be honest.
[/QUOTE]

They seem to pop up everywhere! I enjoy looking at reviews sometimes before I buy but it's the constant ones that say everything is Wonderful and Tremendous! Seriously, not every product whether it's on QVC or not is fantastic! Get in the Real World!! :mysmilie_12:

I see L'occitane are even sending Bloggers/youtubers on free luxury trips to France, puts me off Brands really when I see all the freebies/hotels being paid for maybe they should think about better offers for customers.

Had a nose at are friend Shazza yesterday. Surprised to see only a few QVC brands there now. One on week of the This Works TSV was another brand with the same sort of idea relax and sleep thing. First thought is are the QVC brands not sending the freebies as much now?

Had a nose at are friend Shazza yesterday. Surprised to see only a few QVC brands there now. One on week of the This Works TSV was another brand with the same sort of idea relax and sleep thing. First thought is are the QVC brands not sending the freebies as much now?

Haven't seen her stuff for ages and thought she had given it up! As you say, probably not getting the Freebies as much now from the Q! Always said she should branch out and review other brands. Promoting QVC Brands just makes it look very insincere and false to a point! :mysmilie_5:

Ditto for ole CJ/Desert Island Skin - a few Q items on his home page, but quite obviously not getting as many freebies as before as he was forever popping up extolling the virtues of every ****** brand he got sent.

It's like anything in life, what starts of as a 'cottage industry' and then 'takes off' has to then be run in a proper and professional manner and that means 'toeing the line', which whilst this means from the beauty brands point of view they are getting supposedly 'unbiased' opinions (that being the supposed nature of vloggers/bloggers), in reality it is more a case of if the blogger/vlogger wants to carry on getting 'freebies' or getting paid, they need to be a the Blogger/Vlogger version of a QVC Presenter, stating all the 'nice points' of the product without raising to much of the bad stuff. This is probably why there are so many Vloggers/Bloggers on Q now as their worklife (for all of them), is all about 'speiling' for a job. It does though raise into question, where the integrity of the vlogger/blogger lies, for the freebies/money or the honesty of their thoughts. Though I can't honestly see honesty winning now because as previously stated it is going to be a 'last man'women standing' scenario.

Some really good points made! To be a decent and respected BBlogger you need to vary your product reviews and be totally honest about them too!

I am surprised the said two 'Q BBloggers are still able to post but as previously said I guess the freebies have dried up and this makes their 'job' so much more difficult, shame???? :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

i find it weird when beauty bloggers don't get rashes and break outs because i know i would. i would have to exclude all the spa brands for starters with all the deeply scented perfumed face products. face before said product. nice smooth glowing...after spotty red and tortured

LOL! There are a couple of BBloggers who bring me out in a rash!
Better not name but you know who they are :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back