Marble fashion - the 10am show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I know I sometimes joke about Chelmsford market but the clothes on this show come closest to match those on the old ladies stall. My mum used to buy crimplene trousers and crochet cardis with fringes from them for under £15 a garment. Here they are on QVC for £46. Almost identical, surely the same manufacturer & factory ? Wearing my serious head, I'm speechless .:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_461:

I know I sometimes joke about Chelmsford market but the clothes on this show come closest to match those on the old ladies stall. My mum used to buy crimplene trousers and crochet cardis with fringes from them for under £15 a garment. Here they are on QVC for £46. Almost identical, surely the same manufacturer & factory ? Wearing my serious head, I'm speechless .:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_461:

Erics Mum, you're spot on, that slightly crochet-like acrylic, in marled pastel shades - lilac always seemed to be the most popular!!!!

Yes, mum liked lilac, she said it's an old ladies' colour because it complements white hair and pale skin !

Yes, mum liked lilac, she said it's an old ladies' colour because it complements white hair and pale skin !

Oh that's so sweet - I've always loved a lilac rinse too :)

Going back to your original post though, those prices are ridonculous - acrylic ain't never worth nearly £50

If anybody is within spitting distance of Bury market then these QVC offerings would go down a bomb on "Bobby`s Fashions" market stall. It`s full to the brim with pleated elastic waisted polyester skirts, blingy tops, crochet waistcoats and old style cardigans and up to sizes 5xl. Its stretchy polyester heaven and you`ll know it by the number of motobility scooters and shopping trolleys parked alongside it.
The fitting room is like an upright wooden box with a badly fitting curtain on a wire pulled across the front of it and you regularly see Ethel or Mabel`s bloomer clad bum poking through the gap in the curtain and the whole stall is so cramped you could try on a skirt and reach out to the next stall and pay for your Bury black pudding at the same time !

Latest posts

Back