Molton Brown TSV 14/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's me out then. I've got this selection in various sizes and don't want the 30ml samples. I shall be on OTO alert though!!

That's me out then. I've got this selection in various sizes and don't want the 30ml samples. I shall be on OTO alert though!!

I feel quite relieved as I'm also out on the basis of this as I have most things and whilst I like LotV, I don't love it enough to buy everything else.

Likewise, roll on that spicy scent-based OTO (here's hoping!!!!)

star anise is tha aniseed i loathe aniseed

I think it's related but to me the Dewy Lily of the Valley smells like Lily of the Valley with a sort of 'sparkling' edge to it which I presume is the Star Anise, it's definitely not overly aniseedy

star anise is tha aniseed i loathe aniseed

I think it's related but to me the Dewy Lily of the Valley smells like Lily of the Valley with a sort of 'sparkling' edge to it which I presume is the Star Anise, it's definitely not overly aniseedy

I popped in my local department store earlier to try as many of the TSV smells as I could find. They had the Dewy LOTV & Star Anise and I couldn't detect Star Anise in the scent at all. It's definitely heavily LOTV to me.

I couldn't find anything in Pettigree Dew and wonder if someone here could kindly describe it to me, please? Preferably without the "Doncaster via Dagenham" type thing.

I couldn't find anything in Pettigree Dew and wonder if someone here could kindly describe it to me, please? Preferably without the "Doncaster via Dagenham" type thing.

I've not smelled it myself but this is the official MB description (I humbly apologise for the 'via' speak!!!)

London Via Hampshire. Verdant pettigree with lemon and lily of the valley. Treat hardworking hands to the uplifting scent of an English garden bloom.

- French pettigree extract to soothe the skin.
- Rosemary extract (for antioxidant protection).
- Lentisque flower (the scent of a crisp spring morning).

Ain't got a clue what anything other than rosemary smells like, sorreeee!

Well, I'm ordering and if I hate it then the old MBG kicks in. Done! Time QVC did the same as IW and roped in a supermarket to return stuff. The Asda returns for IW are a dream and completely free. I also noted in our local Morries that you can get stuff delivered and picked up from Amazon in lockers behind the checkouts (however, don't know if that IS free, need to investigate). How long before going to the post office is old hat.

CC

lilly of the valley in both choices i smell a made for qvc rat with that pedigree one.. apparently its hard to get

I've not smelled it myself but this is the official MB description (I humbly apologise for the 'via' speak!!!)

London Via Hampshire. Verdant pettigree with lemon and lily of the valley. Treat hardworking hands to the uplifting scent of an English garden bloom.i

- French pettigree extract to soothe the skin.
- Rosemary extract (for antioxidant protection).
- Lentisque flower (the scent of a crisp spring morning).

Ain't got a clue what anything other than rosemary smells like, sorreeee!

I was too lazy to search a description. You are a star. Thank you for this.

AndiK, just remembered I bought a OTO last year which had Pettigree Dew in it - had a pump, wash and sniff and I would definitely describe it as a light, spring-like floral but once it's dried down, there are definite masculine undertones. This is extremely unhelpful, but it reminds me of an aftershave but I'll be blowed if I can pinpoint which one.

Edited to add, think it's YSL Pour Homme

Well, I'm ordering and if I hate it then the old MBG kicks in. Done! Time QVC did the same as IW and roped in a supermarket to return stuff. The Asda returns for IW are a dream and completely free. I also noted in our local Morries that you can get stuff delivered and picked up from Amazon in lockers behind the checkouts (however, don't know if that IS free, need to investigate). How long before going to the post office is old hat.

CC

thats only good if you have an asda near you as where i am we dont have one

lilly of the valley in both choices i smell a made for qvc rat with that pedigree one.. apparently its hard to get

its one made for the outlet store but has been on Q a few times

Got a flyer through the post about this today. I am going to try + avoid as I have quite a bit of MB in my stick to use up.

AndiK, just remembered I bought a OTO last year which had Pettigree Dew in it - had a pump, wash and sniff and I would definitely describe it as a light, spring-like floral but once it's dried down, there are definite masculine undertones. This is extremely unhelpful, but it reminds me of an aftershave but I'll be blowed if I can pinpoint which one.

Edited to add, think it's YSL Pour Homme

That is SO helpful. Thanks again. It sounds rather lovely too.

That is SO helpful. Thanks again. It sounds rather lovely too.

I'm completely obsessed with remembering the smell as it is so reminiscent of a smell from my childhood and now I think it also reminds me of roger et gallet's vetiver soap, as my mum would use nothing else. It's definitely the rosemary note that's hooking me in!!!!

Years ago back in the 80's Yardley's "Lily of the Glory" was very popular. Does this MB "Lily of the Valley" smell anyone like that?

Bit of an aside but has anyone ever tried the MB reed diffusers? Like the idea but they are expensive at £37. Have bought enough in the past where the scent just doesn't last to be wary of them!

Latest posts

Back