Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

linden is nice. burning the cherry blossom ebbed and waned a bit but nice when i could smell it

› See More: Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine today too, I love love love them.

My favourite from jar sniffing is Garden by the Sea, I started burning it 30 mins ago and it's reminding me a little of a watermelon type scent. Can't wait to try the others.

Also, on an aesthetic level, the colours of the candles suit my living room perfectly

Really chuffed with this TSV, looking forward to the drops later in the year, it's the first time I've had a Yankee auto delivery order.
      Thanks AndiK thanked for this post
      Likes Minx In Space , Fluffybunny, puffin48 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
      Andi, I don't just bung any old pair together, you know! They have to suit each other so that they burn nicely, like a little candle marriage, LOL. And we could yet have some trauma in case Driftwood makes me have a rethink and I have to split a couple up!

So, if the marriage breaks up, who gets custody of the little votives?

Post Thanks / Like

Well my candles don't have votives, but their tarts and tealights are mercilessly ripped apart to go with their respective parent to a new pairing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
      Got them! I like the Coastal living one best it seems closer to Dune Grass with some Lily going on with aquatics. Sea Air is very soft and powdery and the pink one is a soft floral with some aquatic notes going on too. I shall hunt down a Driftwood. Does that have any verbena in it like Beach Wood had? I need a lemony partner for all is bright (aka Bachelor Number 1) and I am hoping for a Cuban selection match for Wild Mint (Bachelor Number 2) otherwise they are all paired up.
      Quite proud that you smelt them very similarly to how I did, as I consider you the expert! Realised when I burnt Coastal Living tonight that the sweeter note I could smell in that was the grasses. Burnt Garden by the Sea last night, and the delicate floral notes do remind me of Yankee's Verbena. Really pleased with this TSV, just wish they were a little bit stronger, so my husband could smell them consistently. I love All Is Bright, he's got far too much going for him to remain on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
      So, if the marriage breaks up, who gets custody of the little votives?
      *Sigh* It's always the kids that suffer.
      Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

all is bright is a nice strong candle. in fact the t lights are so good two or three scent a room very well. the pink candle in the tsv is like verbena but verbena is a lot nicer and stronger imo
      Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the first, and for a few days the only, review of the TSV (as it appeared on TSV day)? I am surprised it got through the review "filter" as it wasn't an assessment of the candles themselves, just a general criticism of the composition of the TSV, so completely against the review guidelines.

"I am so fed up with all the recent Yankee TSVs being sets of three large candles and all with auto delivery. Please, please, please could we have something different next time. I loved the hampers and another TSV of that nature would be much appreciated."

It hasn't gone down very well - only one person has ticked the "Yes" box for "helpful" and 39 ticked "No".
      Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Did you see the first, and for a few days the only, review of the TSV (as it appeared on TSV day)? I am surprised it got through the review "filter" as it wasn't an assessment of the candles themselves, just a general criticism of the composition of the TSV, so completely against the review guidelines.

"I am so fed up with all the recent Yankee TSVs being sets of three large candles and all with auto delivery. Please, please, please could we have something different next time. I loved the hampers and another TSV of that nature would be much appreciated."

It hasn't gone down very well - only one person has ticked the "Yes" box for "helpful" and 39 ticked "No".
      i saw that review but the hamper usually comes later in the year!! but they can mix it up a bit but the start of the year is always auto-delivery time but at the price it was & the free post (which is a shock) made it sell well so do think they will do similar again
      STAR IN THE HOOD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
      i saw that review but the hamper usually comes later in the year!! but they can mix it up a bit but the start of the year is always auto-delivery time but at the price it was & the free post (which is a shock) made it sell well so do think they will do similar again
      Yes, there will always be some who prefer mixed sets and some who only want jars. It's good we get both. Personally, I haven't found the hampers to be such good value, although I do use votives and tealights sometimes. The latest TSV, on the other hand, was definitely good value.
      Likes Minx In Space liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it does encourage them to do free p&p again!
      Likes boffy , Minx In Space , Akimbo liked this post