Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:That was quick!
Mine's still in process even though I ordered a bit before it went to air, when it went live on here
.They sound lovely from your descriptions.

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about the nail polish obsession. I'll need to live to 150 & paint my nails every day to use up the amount of that I've got. I HAVE managed to stop buying that, for now. Leighton leaving helped. I'd better watch out with the candles though as the house is stuffed enough with my obsessions. Was bad enough before I discovered QVC several years ago.....books...yarn...craft stuff...shoes...dog stuff..:blush: I tend to go a bit bonkers once I get into something.

I am so jealous!!!!! Mine are still at the national hub. They sound lovely to me, as well.

My TSV arrived yesterday!! I was gobsmacked when our neighbour dropped it in. Haven't burnt them yet, but they smell gorgeous! Far superior to the last two TSV's, which - as I said - were a mixed bag. Hope they burn well, will start testing them tonight.

Garden by the Sea - Think Rosa described this one really well, when she said it was like walking past hanging baskets on the coast. It's got a pretty mix of soft florals with the aquatic notes in the background. The delicacy of it reminds me a bit of Yankee's Verbena.

The other two are harder to describe. Both fresh and aquatic, the Sea Air one maybe with slightly powdery undertones, and the Coastal Living one I'd probably describe as slightly sweeter.

So interested to see what people are finding with these new candles. I find it quite hard to distinguish between some of the outdoors-y scents but you've done a good job describing these!

That's annoying for you, Andi, but I'm glad you were at least able to secure the first drop at the TSV price. You have nothing to feel ashamed about, you have been a veritable paragon of virtue since Amexgate! :nod::mysmilie_50:

:angel: I'm brilliant, aren't I?! :clapping:

Mine arrived this morning. I got the Driftwood set as well.
Don't they come well packed!
I like them all, particularly love the pink one out of the TSV set.

Got them! I like the Coastal living one best it seems closer to Dune Grass with some Lily going on with aquatics. Sea Air is very soft and powdery and the pink one is a soft floral with some aquatic notes going on too. I shall hunt down a Driftwood. Does that have any verbena in it like Beach Wood had? I need a lemony partner for all is bright (aka Bachelor Number 1) and I am hoping for a Cuban selection match for Wild Mint (Bachelor Number 2) otherwise they are all paired up.

Mine arrived today as well. I didn't order the auto delivery as I wasn't sure about some of the fragrances and Id rather test the votives first before I decide. I usually order mine from Temptation Gifts as they have a good selection at reasonable prices.

Anyway going back to the candles, I'm pleasantly surprised because I liked all three. Obviously the proof of the pudding will be in the burning which I wont be doing for a while as I'm burning Linden Tree at the moment and will wait until that has finished.

Got them! I like the Coastal living one best it seems closer to Dune Grass with some Lily going on with aquatics. Sea Air is very soft and powdery and the pink one is a soft floral with some aquatic notes going on too. I shall hunt down a Driftwood. Does that have any verbena in it like Beach Wood had? I need a lemony partner for all is bright (aka Bachelor Number 1) and I am hoping for a Cuban selection match for Wild Mint (Bachelor Number 2) otherwise they are all paired up.

Ah, so I see you are now running some kind of dating agency for your candles, Mazza! You definitely need help!

:grin::wink:

Andi, I don't just bung any old pair together, you know! They have to suit each other so that they burn nicely, like a little candle marriage, LOL. And we could yet have some trauma in case Driftwood makes me have a rethink and I have to split a couple up!

:mysmilie_59:

Andi, I don't just bung any old pair together, you know! They have to suit each other so that they burn nicely, like a little candle marriage, LOL. And we could yet have some trauma in case Driftwood makes me have a rethink and I have to split a couple up!

Oh dear - you marriage-wrecker!

If I ever got into the candle pairing game, I would probably become obsessed. I have mixed wax in melt warmers but that's about it. Not sure I'm very good at it but I like hearing your suggestions.

linden is nice. burning the cherry blossom ebbed and waned a bit but nice when i could smell it

Got mine today too, I love love love them.

My favourite from jar sniffing is Garden by the Sea, I started burning it 30 mins ago and it's reminding me a little of a watermelon type scent. Can't wait to try the others.

Also, on an aesthetic level, the colours of the candles suit my living room perfectly :mysmilie_14:

Really chuffed with this TSV, looking forward to the drops later in the year, it's the first time I've had a Yankee auto delivery order.

So, if the marriage breaks up, who gets custody of the little votives?

Well my candles don't have votives, but their tarts and tealights are mercilessly ripped apart to go with their respective parent to a new pairing.

Quite proud that you smelt them very similarly to how I did, as I consider you the expert! :mysmilie_467: :nod: Realised when I burnt Coastal Living tonight that the sweeter note I could smell in that was the grasses. Burnt Garden by the Sea last night, and the delicate floral notes do remind me of Yankee's Verbena. Really pleased with this TSV, just wish they were a little bit stronger, so my husband could smell them consistently. I love All Is Bright, he's got far too much going for him to remain on the shelf! :nod: :giggle:

So, if the marriage breaks up, who gets custody of the little votives?

*Sigh* It's always the kids that suffer.

all is bright is a nice strong candle. in fact the t lights are so good two or three scent a room very well. the pink candle in the tsv is like verbena but verbena is a lot nicer and stronger imo

Did you see the first, and for a few days the only, review of the TSV (as it appeared on TSV day)? I am surprised it got through the review "filter" as it wasn't an assessment of the candles themselves, just a general criticism of the composition of the TSV, so completely against the review guidelines.

"I am so fed up with all the recent Yankee TSVs being sets of three large candles and all with auto delivery. Please, please, please could we have something different next time. I loved the hampers and another TSV of that nature would be much appreciated."

It hasn't gone down very well - only one person has ticked the "Yes" box for "helpful" and 39 ticked "No".

Did you see the first, and for a few days the only, review of the TSV (as it appeared on TSV day)? I am surprised it got through the review "filter" as it wasn't an assessment of the candles themselves, just a general criticism of the composition of the TSV, so completely against the review guidelines.

"I am so fed up with all the recent Yankee TSVs being sets of three large candles and all with auto delivery. Please, please, please could we have something different next time. I loved the hampers and another TSV of that nature would be much appreciated."

It hasn't gone down very well - only one person has ticked the "Yes" box for "helpful" and 39 ticked "No".

i saw that review but the hamper usually comes later in the year!! but they can mix it up a bit but the start of the year is always auto-delivery time but at the price it was & the free post (which is a shock) made it sell well so do think they will do similar again

i saw that review but the hamper usually comes later in the year!! but they can mix it up a bit but the start of the year is always auto-delivery time but at the price it was & the free post (which is a shock) made it sell well so do think they will do similar again

Yes, there will always be some who prefer mixed sets and some who only want jars. It's good we get both. Personally, I haven't found the hampers to be such good value, although I do use votives and tealights sometimes. The latest TSV, on the other hand, was definitely good value.

Latest posts

Back