Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
      My Clintons is the same Andi, largely selling old favourites and very, very few wax melts. As you said elsethread, the amount of space given over to YC has certainly dwindled and in mine YC have been moved from a nice central stand to being squashed in a difficult to access couple of shelves. The NICE stand now holds their own/a cheaper brand. And yet on the site they have a picture of a pukka YC store.... do they run those in conjunction with YC????
      It's odd, Mazza. At my Clinton's, they used to have what looked like the "treasure wall" shelf units they talk about. They now just have a low-level unit, admittedly quite close to the door, but it's only Yankee one side and the other side are the own-brand candles you mention. I don't know how much control Yankee have over Clintons or any other shops that stock the ranges.

Drat! I've just realised in the shop they had a gift set of tea lights in a tin - quite dear for less than a standard box of TLs, even at half-price, so I didn't linger over it - but I'm having a flashback and I think the label said Coastal Living! I could have sniffed those so I'll have to try again tomorrow!

› See More: Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      At the risk of over-doing it, having just posted the same in the New Yankee Guest thread and in Reasons NOT To Buy From QVC), they have 50% off ALL Yankees in Clintons stores at the moment. Sadly, my local store tends to stock mainly the old favourites - they do get one or two from the new ranges but I was sad not to see any from the Coastal Living yet as I want to sniff those before my Advance Order is shipped. They probably wouldn't bring them out while the offer's on.

I'll shut up about the offer now!
      I got the email about this and was immensely relieved to see it was in-store only as I don't have a Clintons anywhere near me and am clinging on to what's left of my willpower, phew!!!!!

Does make me wonder if they're going to stop selling them in-store and they want to get rid of their stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      I got the email about this and was immensely relieved to see it was in-store only as I don't have a Clintons anywhere near me and am clinging on to what's left of my willpower, phew!!!!!

Does make me wonder if they're going to stop selling them in-store and they want to get rid of their stock?
      I was the opposite, Tarketta - I knew that online they would sell out too quickly! I should be thinking like you though - relieved when I can't buy, not when I can!

Yes, at first I thought maybe they are selling off the older ranges which every shop sells to make way for all the new ones. Then I thought are they going to stop selling Yankees altogether? I think it's unlikely but it seriously looks that way. Nobody has half-price sales of everything, especially this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

I was the opposite, Tarketta - I knew that online they would sell out too quickly! I should be thinking like you though - relieved when I can't buy, not when I can!

Yes, at first I thought maybe they are selling off the older ranges which every shop sells to make way for all the new ones. Then I thought are they going to stop selling Yankees altogether? I think it's unlikely but it seriously looks that way. Nobody has half-price sales of everything, especially this time of year.
      I had a whisper of regret but it soon passed...maybe I have finally broken the back of my candle habit!!!!!

Well hopefully they'll keep YC in the warehouse and online as it must be a money spinner for them that way, but in store I've rarely seen people buying them???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      I had a whisper of regret but it soon passed...maybe I have finally broken the back of my candle habit!!!!!

Well hopefully they'll keep YC in the warehouse and online as it must be a money spinner for them that way, but in store I've rarely seen people buying them???
      Actually, there are nearly always people looking at the candles in the shop here but I'm not sure how many get bought at full price now I think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, there are nearly always people looking at the candles in the shop here but I'm not sure how many get bought at full price now I think about it.
      Never mind the exorbitant full prices, I think the weight of them puts people off plus I'm not sure how widely known Yankee Candle is outside of QVC/their loyal fan base in the UK
      Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just to say, I popped back to Clintons today and two assistants were busy re-stocking, now on both sides of the unit. They were certainly selling really well. They have brought out some newer ones (Cherry Blossom was there for the first time, and they had more Coastal Living gift sets). I asked an assistant if they were selling them off because they are discontinuing the range - she said definitely not. As I walked back past the shop 40 mins later, one of the poor girls was still unpacking boxes onto the shelves.
      Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Clinton's do what a normal retailer should do? You know... shift older stock at decent reductions while the reduction might still leave some profit for the retailer? Rather than waiting until the stock has been on the shelves for multiple years!!!

QVC look and learn!
      Likes AndiK , Tarketta liked this post