Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now you see this is where we all vary! I loved the Red Raspberry in the jar but found it quite weak when burning it so it didn't get onto my hotlist and I didn't buy it in the Clintons half-price offer. Same thing with Black Cherry. The sales assistant could hardly believe it when I said I didn't want either of those as she picked them up and passed them eagerly to me, clearly thinking they were the big hits of the selction. I must have a non-fruit-sensitive nose, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

Now you see this is where we all vary! I loved the Red Raspberry in the jar but found it quite weak when burning it so it didn't get onto my hotlist and I didn't buy it in the Clintons half-price offer. Same thing with Black Cherry. The sales assistant could hardly believe it when I said I didn't want either of those as she picked them up and passed them eagerly to me, clearly thinking they were the big hits of the selction. I must have a non-fruit-sensitive nose, LOL.

Adding to the rich tapestry that is our love of Yankee Candles, I can't bear any raspberry smells as find them incredibly cloying but love any of the strawberry ones - ma currently burning Strawberry Cheesecake and have a Strawberry Buttercream in the stash, lush!

Mazza, I have managed to get my paws on a large jar of Evening Air - I'm not sure if it's old stock or if it's an indication that it's being brought back, but it cost me a small fortune I'm ashamed to admit, so it had better be good!

Money well spent, Tarketta, money well spent. Just don't blame me if you don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money well spent, Tarketta, money well spent. Just don't blame me if you don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah I used to buy Evening Air all the time, it truly is one of my all-time fave scents, I just hope this jar is up to the standard I remember, yikes!

Yankee Candle TSV

Hello everyone

I ordered the last Yankee candle TSV - I open the box this morning to let my mum have one and I picked out the 'Sea Air' and it completely shattered in my hand! a piece of the glass nicked my face - thank god I wear glasses - I dread to think what would have happened? Gave me a bit of a fright !:whew:

I phoned customer service to let them know in case there is a fault with that particular jar. Please be careful picking that or any other jar from the box

I once had a trio of WJ pillars and one was broken but thankfully it didn't explode and fly everywhere! That must have been terrifying to have glass coming at your face.

Wasn't there an incident of a melt warmer exploding a while back?

Yes, I posted about it.
It had been a Christmas present & it completely shattered in my hands when I was removing the melt, not even using anything sharp. Took a big chunk out of my hand which took weeks to heal & has left a scar.

Can't be long until the second drop is delivered now, can it?

I had a good sniff of the new fragrances in a shop today - the guava one is GORGEOUS, it felt like an amalgamation of Mango Peach Salsa and Pineapple Cilantro. The perfect Summer fruit fragrance. Viva Havana is very similar to Oud Oasis. Surprisingly, my least favourite of the lot was the Mojito one, it smelt a little odd to me, didn't particularly remind me of a mojito - but probably once it's lit it'll fulfil it's potential!

Can't be long until the second drop is delivered now, can it?

I had a good sniff of the new fragrances in a shop today - the guava one is GORGEOUS, it felt like an amalgamation of Mango Peach Salsa and Pineapple Cilantro. The perfect Summer fruit fragrance. Viva Havana is very similar to Oud Oasis. Surprisingly, my least favourite of the lot was the Mojito one, it smelt a little odd to me, didn't particularly remind me of a mojito - but probably once it's lit it'll fulfil it's potential!

According to Mazza's trusty spreadsheet, the Havana collection jars are due towards the end of May. I must get to a shop and try them as they do sound lovely, the way you describe them, although I would have expected the Mojito one to be nicer.

I don't think the Mojito one was unpleasant, I was just surprised. I was expecting it to be a fizzy-lime type smell, but it smelt a bit more flat... if that makes sense?! I'm sure it will smell great when it's lit, probably needs the mid and bottom notes to come through when it's burnt for the complete 'mojito' experience :)

Oh thanks for that! I have been thinking I still have chemo side effects as I couldn't smell the coastal living but Scandi Prince could although he did say it was subtle. I think if you sit in a room for a long period of time with the candles lit, you don't notice the fragrance so much. When my Prince rides home on his steel horse (motorbike) he can usually smell them by the front door which he says is welcoming but he can only smell these when he opens the lounge door. I am looking forward to the next drop though.

Anyone received their Summer AD drop yet? I got mine yesterday - pleased to report that the scent throws are much stronger than the Spring drop. I have the Guava one going at the moment with my windows open and the smell completely fills the room. Marvellous.

Anyone received their Summer AD drop yet? I got mine yesterday - pleased to report that the scent throws are much stronger than the Spring drop. I have the Guava one going at the moment with my windows open and the smell completely fills the room. Marvellous.

The Guava smells gorgeous, and the candle is beautiful coral colour. I nearly bought it but reminded myself of the groaning cupboard of waxy scented loveliness in which there is no more room!!!

The Guava smells gorgeous, and the candle is beautiful coral colour. I nearly bought it but reminded myself of the groaning cupboard of waxy scented loveliness in which there is no more room!!!

I should also say that my overflow storage is also full... And my Tesco swoop won't fit in there either. Emergency mass candle burning may cause localised reports of heat waves to make some space.:blush::mysmilie_520::mysmilie_465:

I should also say that my overflow storage is also full... And my Tesco swoop won't fit in there either. Emergency mass candle burning may cause localised reports of heat waves to make some space.:blush::mysmilie_520::mysmilie_465:

I can suggest a few overflow storage places, MML. I've got a few under an armchair and behind the telly. There are even two in the car boot at the moment! And this despite my not buying (m)any for weeks.

I got mine on Tuesday. I plan to burn the mojito one with the mint candle from before which otherwise remains unpaired,! I like them all, the blue Havana one is very strong isn't it????? I plan to buy Tobacco Flower as that was also nice and strong on a trial sniff. Guava didn't seem all that strong to me but maybe it needs to burn to get the notes out. Don't know what to pair that with as I don't normally get fruity ones and resisted the summer feature trio. I'm sure something will pop up, LOL.

Latest posts

Back