Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh WOW, WOW, WOW, can I just say how AMAZING the Cuban Mojito is. I take back everything I said about it being disappointing on a "cold sniff". I've been burning it for an hour now (again in a room with the window open) and the smell fills the room and is absolutely gorgeous! It smells just like you're sitting outside in the sun with a mojito. Incredible. Please someone tell me that it's ok to go this mad about a candle :mysmilie_13:

Oh WOW, WOW, WOW, can I just say how AMAZING the Cuban Mojito is. I take back everything I said about it being disappointing on a "cold sniff". I've been burning it for an hour now (again in a room with the window open) and the smell fills the room and is absolutely gorgeous! It smells just like you're sitting outside in the sun with a mojito. Incredible. Please someone tell me that it's ok to go this mad about a candle :mysmilie_13:

Yes! Of course it's OK :mysmilie_48:

We buy scented candles for the sensory pleasure they bring us. When one is exceptional, why not cheer it from the rafters :mysmilie_59:

Darnit, Ellaaa - I want it now, your description sounds amazing and I LOVE mojitos!!!!!

:glass:

Hmm, well I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad... I burned Viva Havana last night and it doesn't have a very strong throw :( despite smelling very strong on a "cold sniff". Strange. Smells nice, nevertheless. Like a less powerful Oud Oasis, I'd say.

Wow, you are ploughing through these Ellaaa!!! Well done. I am only cold sniffing and am quite surprised that Delicious Guava filled a room whereas Viva Havana, which knocks your socks off on a cold sniff, is weaker. This is very useful for when I do my pairing up, thanks!

Wow, you are ploughing through these Ellaaa!!! Well done. I am only cold sniffing and am quite surprised that Delicious Guava filled a room whereas Viva Havana, which knocks your socks off on a cold sniff, is weaker. This is very useful for when I do my pairing up, thanks!

When I get a large jar trio I burn one each night as soon as I get them, so I can decide what combinations to go for from then on :mysmilie_17:

It's very surprising indeed about Viva Havana's throw, we all smell things differently so you may find it stronger, but I was rather underwhelmed by it really. As the cold sniff was so strong I'd saved it specifically for Friday night as I thought it'd be a real strong and relaxing evening fragrance to end my working week. I don't dislike it, but I think I'll burn it alongside something like Moroccan Argan Oil or a musk fragrance, maybe Egyptian Musk.

Re: Delicious Guava, if you're not traditionally a fruity person then I think a fresh "classic" fragrance like Fluffy Towels or Clean Cotton would soften it and create a nice atmosphere.

i found the havana collection very strong even in the samplers. i had the mojito, the taboo flower can't remember the other one.

Darnit, Ellaaa - I want it now, your description sounds amazing and I LOVE mojitos!!!!!

:glass:

Is it wrong that when I read this at 9.20 in the morning, I wanted a mojito right then?

I wasn't at all keen on these when I smelt them in the Yankee shop (particularly Viva Havana) and cancelled my auto delivery, so I am glad to hear that you're enjoying them, Ellaaa. We found the coastal trio and Honey Lavender Gelato disappointing, throw-wise, and Cafe Al Fresco was vile, so they weren't working out great value for us. Have been very much enjoying the trio with Coconut Beach, Hibiscus Water and Island Waterfall, though - they will be lovely over the Summer. Think the gorgeous Cherry Blossom only has one more evening in it, sadly. The Wild Mint, although not one we'd ever have picked up from smelling it in the shop, proved to be a good kitchen candle, and was the first one to get used up! Linden Tree was the other one I wasn't keen on, gave me a headache (but that's quite possibly more a reflection of my head than the candle!) Have just counted up, and (including Christmas) we've got a dozen Yankees in various stages of being burnt, so won't be running out any time soon! Will look forward to your reviews of the remaining drops, and be sure to check out anything that sounds promising. :happy:

Edited to add that I've never had a Cuban Mojito, but you're making me think this is something I should rectify! :nod:

Just checked My Account and the third AD was posted today. Yay!!!! That's the Fall In Love trio. I can foresee a pairing up with the US autumnal ones. Warm Cashmere is the scent not included so may have to get that elsewhere.

:mysmilie_59:

Just checked My Account and the third AD was posted today. Yay!!!! That's the Fall In Love trio. I can foresee a pairing up with the US autumnal ones. Warm Cashmere is the scent not included so may have to get that elsewhere.

:mysmilie_59:

I bought this on auto delivery but can't remember what the trio is! Can you remind me so I know what's coming soon? Thanks!

I bought this on auto delivery but can't remember what the trio is! Can you remind me so I know what's coming soon? Thanks!

Sure can.

Autumn Glow
Vibrant Saffron
Mulberry and Fig Delight.

We don't get the Warm Cashmere.

Woohoo I've had my despatch email too. This is the trio I've been looking forward to the most. Even though it's still August the air has an Autumnal feel now and the nights are drawing in, I burned Vanilla Cupcake the other evening (which I only really use in Autumn/Winter) so I'm ready for some more warming heavier scents now.

Woohoo I've had my despatch email too. This is the trio I've been looking forward to the most. Even though it's still August the air has an Autumnal feel now and the nights are drawing in, I burned Vanilla Cupcake the other evening (which I only really use in Autumn/Winter) so I'm ready for some more warming heavier scents now.

i agree its so chilly and wet generally. i bet septembers nice though

i agree its so chilly and wet generally. i bet septembers nice though

Yes, I always have a weeks annual leave in September. Although it goes dark by 8pm the days are usually mild. August never seems to be a great month. Ah well, it's to my benefit candle-wise as I prefer cocooning Autumn/Winter candle scents :happy:

Yes, I always have a weeks annual leave in September. Although it goes dark by 8pm the days are usually mild. August never seems to be a great month. Ah well, it's to my benefit candle-wise as I prefer cocooning Autumn/Winter candle scents :happy:

i am cocooning with cappuccino truffle a large tumbler candle for £9 from a online sale :star:

Totally agree, I'm burning the last bit of peppermint bark - not overtly Christmassy and very comforting and 'cocooning' (loving that word).

Nice choices, Tarketta and boffy! I think I'm going to give Rhubarb Crumble a whirl this evening, I've missed it over the Spring/Summer.

Latest posts

Back