Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm refusing to get the snuggly ones out at the time of year! I have April Showers and Catching Rays at the moment, lovely and quite strong too, to be followed by Strawberry Lemon Ice and one I've forgotten!

:mysmilie_59:

I'm still on the summer ones, too. It's not too cold here at all and I seem to have the cosier candles most of the year. I've only recently got into some of the florals (especially the lighter, sweeter ones) so enjoying those while I can.

A Yankee fragrance question: has anyone had Madagascan Orchid in a large jar? I lit a votive of it yesterday as I really liked the smell unlit and I can't get enough of a hit to decide whether I'd like the large jar and holder I've seen for £14.99. Maybe I only want it cos it's a bargain (that's what I'm like!). I wondered if the jars have a good throw and nice room fragrance. Anyone?

I have just checked the trusty spreadsheet....

I really liked the perfume but found it weak when lit. I also didn't reckon the tarts were very strong either. But I am the woman who cannot smell Black Cherry at all, so I guess even candle throw is a personal perception!

I love Madagascan Orchid, florals are my least favourite fragrance type but I adore this. I only have it in melt cup form but BOY is there a huge throw. Comparing that to a large jar equivalent I feel it'd be a nice noticeable throw.

I have just checked the trusty spreadsheet....

I really liked the perfume but found it weak when lit. I also didn't reckon the tarts were very strong either. But I am the woman who cannot smell Black Cherry at all, so I guess even candle throw is a personal perception!

I love Madagascan Orchid, florals are my least favourite fragrance type but I adore this. I only have it in melt cup form but BOY is there a huge throw. Comparing that to a large jar equivalent I feel it'd be a nice noticeable throw.

Oh brilliant, thanks ladies.

It tells me a lot if you can't smell Black Cherry, Mazza, as I find it one of the strongest (which helps when I love it). I agree about how much a throw is a personal perception - we all pick up certain types of smell in varying degrees, just as some people can't taste certain things in foods and some spit them out in disgust.

Ellaaa, florals used to be my least favourite too - I really can't do heady. I've started to love some of the sweeter ones though and I think Madagascan Orchid is in that bracket. I may have to try this large jar combo I've seen. Or I could dig deep in my boxes and find something else that appeals to reduce the towering stockpile!

Thanks again, both of you. Can always rely on ST.

Where have you seen tthe large jar offer, AndiK?

I keep looking on Amazon - I can't help myself! See below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073SC6MVR/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I prefer the more enclosed holders for keeping the wax warm and helping it pool (especially in colder weather) but this one is not bad and it's almost being thrown in for free or a few quid in the deal, depending how much you are willing to pay for a large jar.

I prefer the more enclosed holders for keeping the wax warm and helping it pool (especially in colder weather) but this one is not bad and it's almost being thrown in for free or a few quid in the deal, depending how much you are willing to pay for a large jar.

Oh that is a lovely holder! How tempting! That damn MyPlanet seller, every time I look at what they have I'm tempted, trouble is now I've seen something else I want :mysmilie_17:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073S7KR13/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Oh that is a lovely holder! How tempting! That damn MyPlanet seller, every time I look at what they have I'm tempted, trouble is now I've seen something else I want :mysmilie_17:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073S7KR13/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I know! He/she is a wax pest!

Believe me, I've toyed with that set too but have been able to resist simply because I've recently bought three sets containing mostly votives and have accumulated so many additional votive holders in the process.

I am going to mow the lawn now (why did it have to be a dry day?!) and will decide about the MO jar & holder before the price goes up (I notice some sets suddenly increase by £5 or so but the prices are still good really, I know).

I know! He/she is a wax pest!

Believe me, I've toyed with that set too but have been able to resist simply because I've recently bought three sets containing mostly votives and have accumulated so many additional votive holders in the process.

I am going to mow the lawn now (why did it have to be a dry day?!) and will decide about the MO jar & holder before the price goes up (I notice some sets suddenly increase by £5 or so but the prices are still good really, I know).

They're an excellent seller, aren't they? Well the weather is dreadful here so I'd gladly wish for some outdoor work to do to take me away from the computer, as I've caved in and bought the votive/holder set, damn!

You know you want the Madagascan Orchid jar and holder, AndiK :mysmilie_50:

That holder is rather pretty I think. But do you have to spend £20 to get the free postage? If so I have just seen that extremely rare and incredibly expensive Tuscan Vineyard for £13.89 in a link from that page.

That holder is rather pretty I think. But do you have to spend £20 to get the free postage? If so I have just seen that extremely rare and incredibly expensive Tuscan Vineyard for £13.89 in a link from that page.

Sorry about that, Mazza! Didn't mean to draw anyone else into my wicked buying habit today. The Tuscan Vineyard sounds another good price.

For the Madagascan Orchid and holder, it just says £14.99 and free P&P but I am a Prime member and am logged in on Amazon so I think that's why I wouldn't have to pay postage under £20 anyway. Assuming you are not a Prime member, does it indicate P&P? I think it also depends on the seller, doesn't it, as some things from other sellers I have to pay P&P on whatever I spend over all.

They're an excellent seller, aren't they? Well the weather is dreadful here so I'd gladly wish for some outdoor work to do to take me away from the computer, as I've caved in and bought the votive/holder set, damn!

You know you want the Madagascan Orchid jar and holder, AndiK :mysmilie_50:

I've finished the boring grown-up Sunday afternoon stuff - it's not really a lawn, more a moss and weed patch, so didn't take long. And now I'm thinking I need a reward (doesn't take much) .....

I'm not buying for myself.... I spotted that for you, lol.

I thought if you bought from Amazon or a seller processed by Amazon, you had to spend £20 to get free postage, apart from Prime rates/concessions. If you get something from an Amazon marketplace seller direct, they can give you free postage below £20.

oh dear - I think we've all been looking at these sets on Amazon too much as the seller, My Planet, has put the prices up - just as I was about to buy!!!! lol

oh dear - I think we've all been looking at these sets on Amazon too much as the seller, My Planet, has put the prices up - just as I was about to buy!!!! lol

I've noticed before a few things suddenly had another fiver or more slapped on them. Market forces, I suppose, but very off-putting. The things I was considering at the weekend are still the same price - if they go up, I definitely won't buy on principle. I think I'm going to resist anyway ..... probably!

The third drop has been delivered! I like them all, unusually for me. On a cold sniff the vibrant saffron has an insence, woody aroma, the mulberry and fig is berry fruit and autum glow mix of floral and woody

Lucky you, fluffy bunny! Mine hasn't come today :( But I'm excited to hear they sound good on first sniff!

Mine isn't here yet either but it is with the courier. The other week something came after The Archers* so I haven't given up hope.

That is the radio programme not after I'd had a drink!

Latest posts

Back