Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine have arrived today.
All I can say is...WOW! Love every one of them.

Mine still haven't arrived and the tracking still says due to be delivered today.... but I think Hermes stop at 8.00. Does anyone know what happens if they don't deliver? This has never happened to me before. Do they update the tracking to say coming tomorrow?

Mine still haven't arrived and the tracking still says due to be delivered today.... but I think Hermes stop at 8.00. Does anyone know what happens if they don't deliver? This has never happened to me before. Do they update the tracking to say coming tomorrow?
Not usually. It generally just arrives the next day as it is already with the courier

Yeah mine is with courier, it'll come tomorrow now. I've got a great Hermes man so I imagine he's just had a busy day.

Still no joy! And the tracking hasn't been updated from yesterday morning with its "due to be delivered today".

Looking out this morning I am sure I saw the Hermes guy in my road but he was too far away to shout to or to reach before the van disappeared. I am hoping by writing this to prove myself wrong and he will come this afternoon. But panic is setting in!!!!!!

:mysmilie_505:

Still no joy! And the tracking hasn't been updated from yesterday morning with its "due to be delivered today".

Looking out this morning I am sure I saw the Hermes guy in my road but he was too far away to shout to or to reach before the van disappeared. I am hoping by writing this to prove myself wrong and he will come this afternoon. But panic is setting in!!!!!!

:mysmilie_505:

Nooooo, I need to get my vicarious 'cold sniff' from you re this set - he'd better rock up this arvo!

Goodness me they smell MAGNIFICENT on cold sniff.

Autumn Glow reminds me of Honey and Spice (one of my old favourite)
Vibrant Saffron had echoes of Sparkling Cinnamon
Mulberry and Fig has base notes of Wild Fig, with an almost sour fruity top note.

Amazing, can't wait to burn them. Best drop by far.

I'm so upset mine haven't arrived! They sound so fab I shall buy them elsewhere regardless. My cigarette intake has gone up today!

I ordered an extra large rug from Amazon to replace my flood damaged carpet very late on Thursday so they got the order Friday and it came today. From GERMANY! Two days ahead of the first estimate date.

It was updated overnight to say 21.05, delivery attempt made! I was in all day and they never rang my door bell! And my neighbours were at home as well. Of course I am off to the dentist this morning so I can imagine when they will come. But at least the candles haven't gone missing I guess.

if qvc paid for the best hermes service which considering the high post cost they charge it should be you would never wait long and you would get email alerts as to the progress

if qvc paid for the best hermes service which considering the high post cost they charge it should be you would never wait long and you would get email alerts as to the progress

A friend told me recently she always gets an email telling her the two hour (I think) time slot for her Hermes delivery. I couldn't believe it! I get the with the courier one on the day it is due to arrive and a delivered one but no time slot. Now DPD (I think but can't remember) sent me the name of the courier, my number on his list and a little map showing where he was. It was great fun tracking him!

I postponed my dental appointment so if he claims to have been I will know he is telling porkies. Plus there was no card left yesterday. My flat is not so palatial that you don't hear when people come to the door!

Well I have just had my second failed delivery update on the tracking. No one came though, I was in monitor mode all day!!! So I have reported it to Q but goodness knows what is going on.

Any news, Mazza? Or has your delivery gone into the black hole?

Bad enough that Hermes are hit and miss (some of us have a great experience of them, some less so), but the worst thing for me is QVC's complete lack of control over their own deliveries - or is it lack of interest? I bet they can't/won't do anything. They should be able to make contact with a customer's local depot to sort things like this out.

Well after my complaint last night, the tracking shows two more actions as it was back at the regional sorting office early doors, and is now with the courier, yet again, for delivery today. I am currently reading the paper out on the patio rather than inside!!!!!!!!!!!! The table is next to the door. I need a warming coffee and fag now, lol. Hopefully this means it was in the wrong area, perhaps?? I think it's lost though and they are just lying! Needless to say come 21.04 tonight I shall be watching the road for if they lie again. Never had trouble like this before, just lucky I had cleared the week because of the carpet delivery which, ironically, came two days ahead of the seven day window.

Well after my complaint last night, the tracking shows two more actions as it was back at the regional sorting office early doors, and is now with the courier, yet again, for delivery today. I am currently reading the paper out on the patio rather than inside!!!!!!!!!!!! The table is next to the door. I need a warming coffee and fag now, lol. Hopefully this means it was in the wrong area, perhaps?? I think it's lost though and they are just lying! Needless to say come 21.04 tonight I shall be watching the road for if they lie again. Never had trouble like this before, just lucky I had cleared the week because of the carpet delivery which, ironically, came two days ahead of the seven day window.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....!

I ordered this yesterday
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3ONKR0/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

and it's just arrived.
Black Coconut is already a favourite, and Tobacco Flower is nice (but very subtle IMO), but the rest are all new to me.
On cold sniff, I love them all.
And they work out under £0.85 per tart, which is fantastic really, so I can't wait to get home and get them melting.

That's a lovely set. I got it in the Clinton's sale last month but it was a couple of quid more than you paid, which I still thought was good as under £1 a tart. You got an even better bargain.

I mainly bought it, I must admit, to try the Havana Collection ones. I love Tobacco Flower now - I bought a jar on the strength of that test tart!

Disaster has struck. Those lying bar stewards say they delivered and I signed for the parcel at 12.05!!!! Well at 12.05 I was on the patio by the front door doing my crossword and NO ONE came to my door! No one came up the path to the block all the time I was out there reading the paper. I have rung Q and have to do the letter. I told the woman the whole tracking history was a total fabrication as there had been no courier visit here at any time on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday despite what the liars had said. I am LIVID. I don't like it when people lie about me.

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Disaster has struck. Those lying bar stewards say they delivered and I signed for the parcel at 12.05!!!! Well at 12.05 I was on the patio by the front door doing my crossword and NO ONE came to my door! No one came up the path to the block all the time I was out there reading the paper. I have rung Q and have to do the letter. I told the woman the whole tracking history was a total fabrication as there had been no courier visit here at any time on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday despite what the liars had said. I am LIVID. I don't like it when people lie about me.

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Gutted for you Mazza, but if it's any comfort at all, the parcel may yet turn up as I've had that happen to me before (bl**dy Lulu Guinness handbag so I was having kittens) and it's so they can get the 'late' parcels off their system by recording they've been delivered (must be tied into whether they get paid for it or not) as the parcel was then delivered much later in the evening when I presume the courier had clocked off...fingers crossed this is the same scenario!

Well I hope so but doubt it! I did read (having googled this a lot) that failed delivery is used to cover a number of reasons why they didn't come but don't have codes for, but to say I signed for it is taking a liberty I think. That means if I query it, people could assume I am just trying it on! I also got the automated delivery email from donotreplyetcetc, to which I did reply in capitals saying NO YOU DIDN'T!!! And of course now I have to wait for the letter which can be 48 hours even if the email you and then have to send back. I have printed off the tracking and will send them that, scrawled over with my comments denying their statements! And all the while they have my money and some bas***d. Is burning Autumn Glow!!!! Not that I'm stressed or annoyed......

Latest posts

Back