Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hermes tracking (at least the tracking system for the service QVC use, which we all know is the 1p a parcel service, even though we are charged £5.95) is pretty useless. The last 4 deliveries I had from QVC via Hermes were either marked "Left in secure location" even though I had answered the door, spoken to the guy, and the items were handed to me, or timed several hours after I had taken possession. And the ones which were marked delivered when they hadn't been delivered at all because nobody had knocked here, then actually arrived within 48 hours, so before the QVC snail's pace returns letter and label system kicked in.

I reckon you will get the delivery today, Mazza. You are justified in being angry but don't waste too much energy on trying to prove anything to QVC because it will fall on deaf ears.

I think the chaps decorating the rear of our block might have been shocked by the number of times the F-bomb has been dropped here this week! I can't abide it when things go wrong! Maybe I am still in post-flood stress mode so my anxiety levels are abnormally high any way. Luckily the cheapo Amazon replacement carpet looks OK in the spare room. Something went right, LOL. That came on Tuesday, did I mention that, from Germany cos it Marketplace not Amazon themselves.

I had a call from CS today and went through the whole saga with the chap who said I needn't do the letter and I have just had an order email. They are using another courier. Hopefully I shall get them this time!!!!!! (I hope he reports my comments to Hermes because the courier certainly never came here and they should know that.)

I had a call from CS today and went through the whole saga with the chap who said I needn't do the letter and I have just had an order email. They are using another courier. Hopefully I shall get them this time!!!!!! (I hope he reports my comments to Hermes because the courier certainly never came here and they should know that.)

Ah Mazza, when I saw you'd replied to this thread, I hoped it was because the package had finally turned up, sorry to hear the saga you're going through, all so unnecessary :( glad to hear they've finally done the right thing and sent you out another lot...as any decent online company would and does do, humph.

They have finally arrived! I like them, and agree with the cold sniff reviews upthread. They came via DX Delivery.... the courier took a photo of my door number!!!! He could have had a photo of me!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

I've just receive my melts and tealights from Temptation Gifts (£3, one day) and also ordered Warm Cashmere. It is the evening equivalent of Bundle Up which was outside in a coat and scarf. This is by a fire at night in your posh clothes with a very powdery warm perfume. I really like it, but it isn't autumnal as we know it.

AndiK, I noticed you enthusing about Amazon Prime and so when they closed Lovefilm and I was exploring firesticks etc, I finally took note of the fact that the Prime Video I was paying for the DVDs came to £72 pa. So paying another £7 pa gets me all the deliveries too! I was a twit not to spot this before, I know, but I was pleased you mentioned it cos it was fresh in my mind when I needed to investigate this stuff. In fact I have two same day parcels due sometime tonight. I got the firestick today and managed to load it up. The remote uses Alexa but I wouldn't want that cylinder thing! Anyway, I am grateful you mentioned it.

I've just receive my melts and tealights from Temptation Gifts (£3, one day) and also ordered Warm Cashmere. It is the evening equivalent of Bundle Up which was outside in a coat and scarf. This is by a fire at night in your posh clothes with a very powdery warm perfume. I really like it, but it isn't autumnal as we know it.

AndiK, I noticed you enthusing about Amazon Prime and so when they closed Lovefilm and I was exploring firesticks etc, I finally took note of the fact that the Prime Video I was paying for the DVDs came to £72 pa. So paying another £7 pa gets me all the deliveries too! I was a twit not to spot this before, I know, but I was pleased you mentioned it cos it was fresh in my mind when I needed to investigate this stuff. In fact I have two same day parcels due sometime tonight. I got the firestick today and managed to load it up. The remote uses Alexa but I wouldn't want that cylinder thing! Anyway, I am grateful you mentioned it.

Awww, that's nice of you to acknowledge my ramblings. I actually don't think I "mention" Amazon and Amazon Prime so much as go on and on and on about them! But anyway, if it had the effect of helping you spot a good buy, I'm happy.

Yes, I got Prime on a trial on Prime Day in July 2016 when they had the Fire Sticks on offer. I liked it so much, I continued with the paid subscription and will do so again when it's up for renewal shortly (I probably use it most for the tv catch-up apps like All4 and BBC iPlayer). The delivery bit of Prime is fabulous, isn't it? I don't have an Alexa cylinder either - I really don't see a use for it, personally - and my Fire Stick last year didn't come with the compatibility anyway. I do like the free monthly Kindle download (which I think is always a pre-release book?). I think that's quite a new bonus. I haven't actually got round to reading any of them yet but will do, for sure.

I had a sniff of Warm Cashmere in a shop recently and like it too. It was exactly as I expected it to smell but I agree it isn't a traditional Yankee autumn scent.

PS See what I mean about going on about Amazon/Prime!

amazon prime is ok if youd use all the extra add ons but i think they should offer options for people who just want the delivery ect as i know many people would just want the delivery feature & not all the rest

amazon prime is ok if youd use all the extra add ons but i think they should offer options for people who just want the delivery ect as i know many people would just want the delivery feature & not all the rest

I only have it for the delivery feature, everything else is a bonus as I see it.. Worth every penny, it pays for itself numerous times over with the amount of shopping I do from Amazon. Also the customer service is second to none, and they reward loyalty so I remain loyal to them.

Eat that QVC.

Last edited:

I think they used to be separate, didn't they? I'm not sure as I think Amazon were always fairly quick to deliver so I wasn't bothered about next day. Now I've got it, though, I bloomin' love it.

I only have it for the delivery feature, everything else is a bonus as I see it.. Worth every penny, it pays for itself numerous times over with the amount of shopping I do from Amazon. Also the customer service is second to none, and they reward loyalty so I remain loyal to them.

Eat that QVC.

I am sometimes shocked by how good Amazon's customer service is (in my experience). I think I'd got too used to QVC! I find the people at QVC very pleasant when I ring and feel sorry for them that they have to try to keep people happy with very few "tools", poor procedures and hardly any information, and everything is so slow. When you contact Amazon, things just happen - and straight away!

I think they used to be separate, didn't they? I'm not sure as I think Amazon were always fairly quick to deliver so I wasn't bothered about next day. Now I've got it, though, I bloomin' love it.

im not fully sure but to me i aint bothered about next day delivery as im never in that much rush ect but i just think the option would make it much more fair for other people & benefit lots in the long run though i aint going to rant & tell things about what amazon have done to my friends as thats really not what this forum is about for me

i love amazon i can get really fancy french bits for my grandchildren for daft money. what don't amazon sell. i can't think of anything. fast free delivery, superb items and silly prices. anything goes wrong its sorted in seconds not months qvc take note

Latest posts

Back