Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am obsessing about the TSV a bit now. Amazing what a hint of free P&P can do. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the price won't be £39.98 if it's free P&P. Wouldn't be the first time the item or postage price has changed between the first hint of what it will be and the TSV day. Now that the jars are £24.99 full price, £13.33 each for brand new stock just seems a bit unlikely for QVC. If I'm wrong, great - I will live either way!

I am obsessing about the TSV a bit now. Amazing what a hint of free P&P can do. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the price won't be £39.98 if it's free P&P. Wouldn't be the first time the item or postage price has changed between the first hint of what it will be and the TSV day. Now that the jars are £24.99 full price, £13.33 each for brand new stock just seems a bit unlikely for QVC. If I'm wrong, great - I will live either way!

Very excited too! (though sadly I wonder if the price will go up too!)

And for once I actually like most of the fragrances. I love the sound of a Cuban Mojito (yum!), Mulberry & Fig (so sad that 'Wild Fig' has been retired), and The Perfect Tree (Yankee has been missing a decent Christmas tree smelling candle recently so I hope this is a good one).

Very excited too! (though sadly I wonder if the price will go up too!)

And for once I actually like most of the fragrances. I love the sound of a Cuban Mojito (yum!), Mulberry & Fig (so sad that 'Wild Fig' has been retired), and The Perfect Tree (Yankee has been missing a decent Christmas tree smelling candle recently so I hope this is a good one).

Those particular ones are right up my street too. I am wondering about the Havana one, though, as all I can think of is cigars!

If the price is nearer £45, ie about £15 each, I will just leave it because we should be able to pick up the individual ones we favour later in the year as they arrive in the shops, which will also give us the chance to sniff!

Those particular ones are right up my street too. I am wondering about the Havana one, though, as all I can think of is cigars!

If the price is nearer £45, ie about £15 each, I will just leave it because we should be able to pick up the individual ones we favour later in the year as they arrive in the shops, which will also give us the chance to sniff!

AndiK, I once again admire your restraint - I am all in on this TSV as I want every scent in every drop (even though I vowed in an earlier thread that I wouldn't buy candles anymore in favour of melt cups - I am officially full of sh*t)

AndiK, I once again admire your restraint - I am all in on this TSV as I want every scent in every drop (even though I vowed in an earlier thread that I wouldn't buy candles anymore in favour of melt cups - I am officially full of sh*t)

I agree with you for two thirds of your post. I admire AndiK's restraint, I am all in, I don't think you are full of sh*t!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

For offers it is worth checking out Fenwick's in Brent Cross. Sometimes Boots as well. Clinton's also sometimes have good reductions. I fancy the last drop of the AD. Not forking out postage to return the other drops so will hang tough as often the other drops eventually appear as a single drop... I will also keep looking for places I can sniff before risking my money and get a good discount without Dick Turpin priced p&p.

"ditto" maymorganlondon..i buy less from qvc now as i can sniff out the scents i know i wont like. also i can pick up a sampler to try something out at little risk as sometimes they do 10 samplers for £10 occasionally inc new scents. anather bonus is getting samplers and tarts really fresh makes a massive difference.

Have you considered a job at QVC?

I didn't know Wild Fig had been discontinued
I bought a large jar of it for £11 yesterday at a factory outlet.

If these are new scents, £13 with free p&p is a bargain

Does anyone rate Colony candles? They had loads of them, 75p for votives Large jars £10.
And Wax Lyrical too

I didn't know Wild Fig had been discontinued
I bought a large jar of it for £11 yesterday at a factory outlet.

If these are new scents, £13 with free p&p is a bargain

Does anyone rate Colony candles? They had loads of them, 75p for votives Large jars £10.
And Wax Lyrical too

Where, where, where?!

Atherton, Lancashire

Ah, a bit far for me but thanks and enjoy your purchases.

I have not tried a Colony Candle, by the way. I think they had them in my local TK Maxx recently so I had a sniff but wasn't wowed. I think they get good reviews, though?

I don't know about Colony and Wax Lyrical but I am just finishing off The Candle Company trio of pillars that I got in clearance from Q (but which are £18.99 each on their site) and honestly, it won't be a moment too soon. I may even bin the last bit. I have never seen so much soot round the glass in any other candle I have burned. Revolting. If you leave it burning for four hours it looks as though someone painted the inside of the glass black. They were a very poor buy, even though they did smell quite nice.

I don't know about Colony and Wax Lyrical but I am just finishing off The Candle Company trio of pillars that I got in clearance from Q (but which are £18.99 each on their site) and honestly, it won't be a moment too soon. I may even bin the last bit. I have never seen so much soot round the glass in any other candle I have burned. Revolting. If you leave it burning for four hours it looks as though someone painted the inside of the glass black. They were a very poor buy, even though they did smell quite nice.

Thanks for the warning, Mazza! They sound dreadful. Do you mean The Country Candle Company?

ahh sorry you don't like the candles i agree about the sooting i just wipe them after each use. they do smell nice though :sad:

Latest posts

Back