Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

to go with TSV

Yankee Candle 53 Piece Coastal Living T-light & Votive Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707013

Auto-Delivery Yankee Candle 53 Piece Coastal Living T-light & Votive Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707207

I know not everyone likes the votives or tea lights but I do use both from time to time. These complementary sets they sometimes do to go with the large jar trios are not bad value. In the above case, I see it as £1.20 each for the votives, £5 for each box of tea lights and £3.15 each for the holders. I wouldn't buy both though and if the jars are P&P free, I would be more tempted by those.

I ordered something from Yankee's official site and received a "scratch and sniff" card with the new coastal living fragrances that are in the first drop. It's hard to get an accurate picture of each fragrance as they do slightly merge into one on these scratch and sniff cards, but Coastal Living reminds me of Turquoise Sky but softer with a salty UK sea air edge. Sea Air is pretty much as it says. Garden By The Sea smells like Coastal Living but with florals thrown in. They all smell like they have pretty much the same base, but the top notes distinguish them from each other.

All very nice and making me feel sunny and Spring-like! Looking forward to this TSV going live and being able to get it.

Last edited:
Was a bit gutted about the TSV as I've already given in to temptation and bought the Garden by the Sea large jar from my local Yankee store.... and I would have been tempted, but the TSV doesn't include my other favourite from the Coastal Living collection, so I'd decided to give it a miss. But..... just noticed that there's a super value set of Driftwood goodies loaded onto the website for tomorrow.... so I'm a happy bunny again!!!

I don't want to pour cold water but..... are we sure that picture on the Q website is accurate? The way Q count, I would expect a 19 piece set to be 12 tealights, 1 jar and 6 votives. Like the gardenia set a bit above that pic which is around £31.

I don't want to pour cold water but..... are we sure that picture on the Q website is accurate? The way Q count, I would expect a 19 piece set to be 12 tealights, 1 jar and 6 votives. Like the gardenia set a bit above that pic which is around £31.

They got pulled up on that before didn't they - yes I think you're right Mazza, there's no way you'll get this much!

Which 19 piece set are you referring to?

If you stick Yankee into the search field and hit return rather than selecting the brand, it comes up with all the live pages including the complementary set Mazza is referring to - if you click on it, it comes up with sold out so I can't give you a product code, but it's towards the bottom of the results page.

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-2&storeId=10252&catalogId=10152&sc=SRCH&keyword=yankee

Ah, thanks - and I've just seen that franchie was talking about a 19 piece set in the previous post. That Driftwood set actually comes up as the very first item when I do a Yankee search and yes, £29.98 (even with £5.95 P&P, if that's what they'll be charging) does seem very cheap. They would normally count the tea lights separately, wouldn't they, so it would be more like a 52 piece set?

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.26.25.jpg

to go with TSV

Yankee Candle 53 Piece Coastal Living T-light & Votive Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707013

Auto-Delivery Yankee Candle 53 Piece Coastal Living T-light & Votive Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707207

I know not everyone likes the votives or tea lights but I do use both from time to time. These complementary sets they sometimes do to go with the large jar trios are not bad value. In the above case, I see it as £1.20 each for the votives, £5 for each box of tea lights and £3.15 each for the holders. I wouldn't buy both though and if the jars are P&P free, I would be more tempted by those.

Has the price of the 53 piece set gone up since SCW posted the info on Tuesday? The total inc P&P is now showing as £42.91 (£36.96 + £5.95). Maybe I was calculating the above based on 18 votives, not 15 which the set contains, though. In either case, ignore what I say about the breakdown of costs because it's wrong!

I've decided not to go for the TSV - going to stick to my resolution to only go for melt cups from now on, gonna be strong, hurrrrrrrhhhhh!

I'm just back from seeing John Partridge (Christian in EE) in La Cage aux Folles which was brilliant and for some reason I am feeling quite extravagant. Definitely going for the TSV AD.

I'm itching for the AD to go live this evening so I can get it before I go to bed :mysmilie_500:

I've decided not to go for the TSV - going to stick to my resolution to only go for melt cups from now on, gonna be strong, hurrrrrrrhhhhh!

I am impressed. I'm not quite there yet - I told myself at the end of last year I would only buy the ones I am pretty sure I will like in future and I am not a massive fan of some outdoorsy/ozone/seaside smells. I don't like Riviera Escape, for example - one of them is bound to be like that. If only they weren't just over £13 each (if that's confirmed). I must remember that a bargain is only a bargain if it's something you really like/want. I reckon I can resist, on balance....

I am impressed. I'm not quite there yet - I told myself at the end of last year I would only buy the ones I am pretty sure I will like in future and I am not a massive fan of some outdoorsy/ozone/seaside smells. I don't like Riviera Escape, for example - one of them is bound to be like that. If only they weren't just over £13 each (if that's confirmed). I must remember that a bargain is only a bargain if it's something you really like/want. I reckon I can resist, on balance....

Very sound reasoning and alas, mine is largely based on the fact I've found recent candles, despite extensive housekeeping, keep on smoking badly plus they take hours to make it worthwhile burning them and the throw is not always guaranteed. Whereas the melt cups are 10 mins max for decent to excellent throw and they last me a lot longer than 24 hours.

Very sound reasoning and alas, mine is largely based on the fact I've found recent candles, despite extensive housekeeping, keep on smoking badly plus they take hours to make it worthwhile burning them and the throw is not always guaranteed. Whereas the melt cups are 10 mins max for decent to excellent throw and they last me a lot longer than 24 hours.

Funny you mention the smoking - I've been finishing off Berry Trifle, which I loved at first, and I noticed a couple of nights ago that it smelt a bit burnt and when I extinguished it, the top of the jar and Illuma-Lid were very black. I thought it was simply that I had left it burning for too long (I am very fussy about wick-trimming, but the wick had got long and was mushrooming). Next night, wick re-trimmed, the smoking returned within a couple of hours. The wax has lost its freshness too. I just have so much Yankee paraphernalia now (hundreds of different sized jars, votives, melts and holders, warmers, etc, etc), I don't want to add to it with melt cups and melt-cup warmers as well. I'm running out of surfaces as well as storage space!

Latest posts

Back