Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ordered mine :mysmilie_8:

Looking forward to every one of the AD fragrances, they sound divine from Rosa's descriptions (apart from the fire one at Christmas, log fires look lovely but I hate the smell it leaves on your clothes...hopefully it's nicer than that!!)

I don't want to pour cold water but..... are we sure that picture on the Q website is accurate? The way Q count, I would expect a 19 piece set to be 12 tealights, 1 jar and 6 votives. Like the gardenia set a bit above that pic which is around £31.

They got pulled up on that before didn't they - yes I think you're right Mazza, there's no way you'll get this much!

Which 19 piece set are you referring to?

If you stick Yankee into the search field and hit return rather than selecting the brand, it comes up with all the live pages including the complementary set Mazza is referring to - if you click on it, it comes up with sold out so I can't give you a product code, but it's towards the bottom of the results page.

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-2&storeId=10252&catalogId=10152&sc=SRCH&keyword=yankee

Ah, thanks - and I've just seen that franchie was talking about a 19 piece set in the previous post. That Driftwood set actually comes up as the very first item when I do a Yankee search and yes, £29.98 (even with £5.95 P&P, if that's what they'll be charging) does seem very cheap. They would normally count the tea lights separately, wouldn't they, so it would be more like a 52 piece set?

View attachment 13687

And yes it is one box of tealights!!! Typical Q using misleading pictures!!

I'm very tempted by the fragrances, but I've ordered the last two TSV's and they've been a mixed bag. Have just had a count, and we've got half a dozen (including Christmas) large jars (and I'm in one auto delivery), so certainly don't need any more.. That said, I could definitely justify the purchase more than the two lipsticks I bought earlier! :blush: Decisions, decisions..

I thought I would love these as the fragrance family is my favourite, but I smelled them last time I was in the Brent Cross YC shop, and they were disappointing to me. Very faint scent and not as fresh as I expected.

We still burn and enjoy Yankee Candles, but they are very much more hit and miss these days, whereas you always used to be guaranteed a good hit of fragrance with them.

I am impressed. I'm not quite there yet - I told myself at the end of last year I would only buy the ones I am pretty sure I will like in future and I am not a massive fan of some outdoorsy/ozone/seaside smells. I don't like Riviera Escape, for example - one of them is bound to be like that. If only they weren't just over £13 each (if that's confirmed). I must remember that a bargain is only a bargain if it's something you really like/want. I reckon I can resist, on balance....

This is so true, and it's for precisely that reason that I didn't go for the Bare Minerals TSV. It was really good value, but I just wasn't sufficiently excited by the contents to justify the purchase.

I have gone for this. I like the scents and with no p and p it is a great price Oh dear! I already have 5 jars and the other auto delivery ...... I'm in danger of being one of those people with a Yankee shop in my house....

If they can sell this tsv and several auto deliveries at approx £13 per jar and no p and p but obviously still make a profit, then just how much have they been making on previous higher priced tsv`s with £5 to £6 postage on top ? They must have been coining it in and when you think about it, it`s chemically fragranced wax in a glass jar, neither component costing more than a few pence and with a pretty picture stuck on the front of it,
I also noticed on the tsv item info on the website there`s an image of a pdf file just above the information which says something about chemical ingredients. I tried to open it but my computer wouldn`t let me.
I gave up buying Yankee jars a long while ago because of poor throw and soot and stuck to melts instead but nowadays I buy soy melts from another brand and the throw and fragrances are much nicer.

I cracked and ordered it...and then cancelled the order with likely seconds to go before it started processing. I WILL BE STRONG

Here`s the gobble de gook from the pdf which finally opened for me, its a list of the sensitising agents so it says. I`m not in the least scientifically minded so have no idea what they are and what they can do or cause. It`s the first time I`ve seen them add this kind of info.

707089 UK
(3 x 623 g)
Contains 1 x Classic Large Jar Sea Air, 1 x Classic Large Jar Garden By The Sea, 1 x Classic Large Jar
Coastal Living.
Sensitising ingredients: Hexyl cinnamal, Cyclamen aldehyde, cis-3-Hexenyl Salicylate, L-beta-Pinene, 2,4-
Dimethyl-3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Coumarin, Isocyclemone E, Pentadecalactone, Benzyl
salicylate, Scentenal.
Warning !
May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Keep out of reach of children. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
Yankee Candle (Europe) Ltd.
Poplar Way East, Cabot park, Avonmouth,
Bristol, BS11 0YH, UK

On an entirely different note, what the hell was going on with JK's hair in the launch show? I know they're extensions, but it's like something out of the Play Doh Barbershop - I was mesmerised.

I am just watching the 4 pm show and the AD has gone! The single item is on Advanced Orders. Just shows what free p&p means! I got mine last night, I think it is an excellent offer.

bought a sampler of the pink floral one smells lovely cold. the others are soft fresh scents better smelling then the last tsv imo.

Well, I've gone & jumped in at the deep end with both feet.
Ordered the Driftwood auto delivery as well as the TSV one. First time I've ordered Yankee from Q having just bought a couple of jars at an outlet & a few votives at a factory shop.

You certainly have! I was very tempted by the Driftwood AD but I really don't burn votives much and I do always get a couple of tarts and a box of tealights for my large jars. So I had to sit and do the maths to make sure that the postage plus the votives made it less of a bargain for me!!! Had it been tarts instead or free postage, I'd have jumped in too.

I'm going nowhere near QVC today, so I don't get tempted!

I will hope that eventually the candles I wish for appear in the Boundary Mills outlet I go to when visiting family (not exactly local to London)... otherwise I will be investigating the various online retailers... but I won't be buying anything I haven't sniffed and loved the smell of, unless it's a tealight, meltcup or melt. I literally have no more room in my candle cupboard until I start making serious inroads into my stash.

I've gone a bit mad really, hope I don't regret it!
Mazza, if you don't mind my asKing, why do you prefer the tea lights to the votives? You know much more about them than me.

Breeze, that is a very good question to which I don't have a very good answer!!!! Just habit I guess. I like to melt a tart matching the candle but I also burn a tea light, as I like a few flames flickering away. I suppose I could use votives instead of tealights though but whichever I used I would still have to buy a couple of melts. However, I wouldn't use a votive instead of a candle as I don't think they have enough of a throw.

:mysmilie_59:

Mine was despatched this afternoon, hoping it might come tomorrow. Is it bad of me to say that if it does arrive tomorrow I might have to change my plans as I want to be trying these candles rather than going out :mysmilie_17:

I've gone a bit mad really, hope I don't regret it!
Mazza, if you don't mind my asKing, why do you prefer the tea lights to the votives? You know much more about them than me.

I know it's not directed at me, but I'll answer for my own reasons for preferring tealights to votives... No need of a special holder (which needs to be a tight fit to get anywhere near the claimed burn time for a votive): the tealights just need to be on a heat proof surface and look OK in their clear casing. Votives can then be a right pain to get out of the holder if you want to switch. The trusty kit of candle veterans comes in useful, with a thin, flexible blade to go round the holder to help dislodge the votive.

Mine was despatched this afternoon, hoping it might come tomorrow. Is it bad of me to say that if it does arrive tomorrow I might have to change my plans as I want to be trying these candles rather than going out :mysmilie_17:
That is quite bad, Ellaaa! Bitter disappointment here as mine were dispatched like yours but have only made it as far as the national hub. And I dashed out to the paper shop first thing to make sure I didn't miss the courier. I bet it stays there tomorrow as I don't seem to get Sunday deliveries and then I am out on Monday. OH NO!!!!!!

That is quite bad, Ellaaa! Bitter disappointment here as mine were dispatched like yours but have only made it as far as the national hub. And I dashed out to the paper shop first thing to make sure I didn't miss the courier. I bet it stays there tomorrow as I don't seem to get Sunday deliveries and then I am out on Monday. OH NO!!!!!!

Terrible news Mazza!

Luckily I have a great Hermes courier and he knows where to put my parcels if I'm not in. Still, bitterly disappointed I won't get them this weekend! Now I have to go out and be sociable! :mysmilie_17:

I hate it when you get a glimpse of hope with the despatch email and parcel tracker, and then it's sitting at the hub for 2 days :doh: I never get any Sunday QVC Hermes deliveries either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back