Decleor TSV 26/3/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok received my TSV and the neroli oil is exactly like my old one I have had for ages and no mention of Amara on packaging?

Oho!

I wonder if this needs to be checked out more carefully? Does the information sheet indicate the ingredients? Is there a serial number that can be checked out.... I'd want to ensure the TSV isn't misrepresenting the Neroli aromessence, given that most places are showing a rebrand? Has someone decided this would be a good way to shift the older product?

Sorry folks it says new in the top corner of the box in small writing but can't find any other info. No mention of Amara and bottle like the old one?

What a huge cock up this has been on both Qvc and Decleor's part. And when things went tits up and people noticed, Fiona played very coy and what with the in and out action with the up and down conflicting pictures on the web. I do hope people can get to the bottom of this with a happy ending.

Here is the inci of the Neroli Amara if someone can cross refrence with the bottle they received:

CORYLUS, AVELLANA SEED OIL / HAZELNUT SEED OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA LEAF/TWIG OIL - BITTER ORANGE LEAF/TWIG OIL, FUSANUS SPICATUS WOOD OIL, LINALOOL, JUNIPERUS COMMUNIS FRUIT OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA FLOWER OIL /BITTER ORANGE FLOWER OIL, LIMONENE, SALVIA SCLAREA OIL /CLARY OIL, FARNESOL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEELOIL, GERANIOL, CITRAL, TOCOPHEROL. (F.I.L C196263/1)

Lots of complaints on the QVC feedback for this item about being mis-sold the new neroli. Apparently customer services looking into it......it's clear that either Decleor used old neroli bottles (and put them in a box saying 'new') or they did not include the new neroli amara at all.

A chap asked on Decleor FB on 28/03 if the new Neroli in the TSV was the same as the Neroli Amara and Decleor UK have replied Yes, it is the same. So I wonder why Fiona was so coy about calling it Amara! When asked she only ever called it new Neroli (that I saw or read at least). Just a,packaging issue? Maybe it was cheaper to use up a ton of old Neroli bottles that were surplus to requirements. I think Fiona has been a bit sketchy on this, which disappoints me!

I read the ingredients with a magnifying glass and it does say Amara but does not show on the box, very confusing as bottle same as old neroli.

I can't help but thinking as "brand ambassador" Fiona has let us all down on this occasion, in her failure to clarify what exactly has gone on with this issue. Let's face it if she can click her fingers and have the official website changed at her whim, she surely has the power to investigate and let us all know the exact situation.

Her silence on the issue is very telling and reflects very badly on her and the brand she represents and their relationship with longterm customers.

Come on Fiona, don't let us regular Decleor customers down!

Speaking of reading ingredients with a magnifying glass I can't read the instructions on my bottle of decleor micellar oil. Can anyone tell me how to use it please?

Well I can tell you what I do, which may be a different thing!

1-2 pumps into the hand and rub hands together.
Apply to the face and massage for a bit.
Splash on some water which turns it milky.
Rinse off.

Can anyone tell me what the Gradual Glow should smell like? Mine has a really strong, overpowering smell similar to furniture polish and it smells even worse once it's on my skin. Having not ordered Decleor before I'm not sure how it should smell. It's given me a lovely glow, but I really don't want to walk around smelling like a freshly polished table!

Can anyone tell me what the Gradual Glow should smell like? Mine has a really strong, overpowering smell similar to furniture polish and it smells even worse once it's on my skin. Having not ordered Decleor before I'm not sure how it should smell. It's given me a lovely glow, but I really don't want to walk around smelling like a freshly polished table!

I find it smells like their non-bronzing moisturiser when I first apply it, but then it becomes the standard DHA biscuity smell. Unless they have reformulated it with stronger DHA-disguising fragrance, or it's your sensitivity to the fragrance (we all have different interpretation and sensitivity to fragrance) it could be there is a problem.

I find it smells like their non-bronzing moisturiser when I first apply it, but then it becomes the standard DHA biscuity smell. Unless they have reformulated it with stronger DHA-disguising fragrance, or it's your sensitivity to the fragrance (we all have different interpretation and sensitivity to fragrance) it could be there is a problem.

It does eventually go to the biscuity, burnt digestive smell (which I actually don't mind at all), but I have hours of smelling like Pledge to put up with first. I thought it was maybe the product reacting with my skin, but even in the bottle it smells, well, I'm just going to say it - horrible. I'm going to pop to John Lewis after work tomorrow and sniff a bottle in there as I'm really not sure the one I have is quite right. If it smells the same then this is not the product for me.

Her silence on the issue is very telling and reflects very badly on her and the brand she represents and their relationship with longterm customers.

Come on Fiona, don't let us regular Decleor customers down!

I agree. I can't see Keeley from Elemis ignoring her loyal customers like Fiona seems to be doing. She has not replied at all on her Facebook page despite people asking. When asked on her Twitter account if the neroli in the QVC tsv was neroli amara she repeated, as she has been doing, it's the new neroli. Why couldn't she have said yes it's the new neroli amara? Complaints abound in the reviews for the set on QVC. She's really put people off buying another tsv, certainly I would have bought it if she'd clarified what the neroli was but as she didn't I didn't.....and her silence on the matter is putting me off buying again.

I agree. I can't see Keeley from Elemis ignoring her loyal customers like Fiona seems to be doing. She has not replied at all on her Facebook page despite people asking. When asked on her Twitter account if the neroli in the QVC tsv was neroli amara she repeated, as she has been doing, it's the new neroli. Why couldn't she have said yes it's the new neroli amara? Complaints abound in the reviews for the set on QVC. She's really put people off buying another tsv, certainly I would have bought it if she'd clarified what the neroli was but as she didn't I didn't.....and her silence on the matter is putting me off buying again.

Keeley is assiduous on social media. Ignoring people more likely to happen in real life, as some have discovered.

Qvc removed the set from their pages now presumably to avoid people seeing the queries regarding the neroli, new or otherwise, and customer services still not responded as they promised. Clearly hoping people will forget and stop asking.

Neroli-gate is the gift that keeps on giving! Even more ridiculous when, as I posted upthread, Decleor themselves have confirmed on their FB that the TSV did contain Amara. Also, it was a good value TSV which I am sure would have sold well even with OLD Neroli, so why f**k it up by including the Neroli which dare not speak its name? Fiona has really gone down in my estimation over this for NOT being open and honest with her customers. Obviously the Q have as well but they didn't have as far to fall.

Latest posts

Back