Cuddi Duds TSV 20/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Worth a punt for 28 squids, but I have no idea what size to buy.

I would have to go with the chest measurement, as that is my largest measurement. Generally it's best to go with the one which isn't going to cause fabric to strain across your body. Of course it would be useful to know how the measurement has been done!

I wish QVC would just use UK sizing (10, 12, 14 etc). I know this is prone to error too as in different shops you're a different size, but it's so hit and miss over how they measure garments that normal UK sizing would give you a better idea.

They seem to measure the distance of the fabric from side to side, rather than what your actual body measurement should be to fit the garment correctly.

There's more fabric around the hips, so I assume it's go by your bust measurement as that is more fitted, and the hip must just be the measurement between each end of the fabric, rather than what your actual hip measurement is.

I wish QVC would just use UK sizing (10, 12, 14 etc). I know this is prone to error too as in different shops you're a different size, but it's so hit and miss over how they measure garments that normal UK sizing would give you a better idea.

They seem to measure the distance of the fabric from side to side, rather than what your actual body measurement should be to fit the garment correctly.

There's more fabric around the hips, so I assume it's go by your bust measurement as that is more fitted, and the hip must just be the measurement between each end of the fabric, rather than what your actual hip measurement is.

ok its not 10, 12, 14 ect but lately they have been trying to bring all the ranges inline with each other as for example Mr Max & Susan Graver they have been saying on all the new pieces that if your a S in one range youl be a S in the new range as they are bringing all ranges into line with all the same mesurements ect

ok its not 10, 12, 14 ect but lately they have been trying to bring all the ranges inline with each other as for example Mr Max & Susan Graver they have been saying on all the new pieces that if your a S in one range youl be a S in the new range as they are bringing all ranges into line with all the same mesurements ect

I've never bought clothing from QVC though so that'd be no use to me, and same for other/new viewers in the same position. This is the first item of clothing from Q I've ever been interested in getting but QVC's inconsistency in measuring garments puts me off.

I've never bought clothing from QVC though so that'd be no use to me, and same for other/new viewers in the same position. This is the first item of clothing from Q I've ever been interested in getting but QVC's inconsistency in measuring garments puts me off.

i get that completely & i can see they are trying to bring all the ranges into line with each other

It's not as if you can go by the measurements anyway. I once ordered a Tiana B tunic and it was 5 inches different when I measured it against the website.

:wave: Hi I'm waving to you from sunny Worthing!

I agree some of the US (and Canadian) brand names get lost in translation. At least it isn't Cuddl-Dudds & Co! Why Cuddl FFS? Why drop the 'e' it's even more irritating than "tonite" or "Kabin" (yes Rita and Norris I mean you!). So "cuddl" = annoying, "Dudds" suggests "defective" to me :taphead:

The whole '& Co' suffix baffles me: Kim & Co, Denim & co, Casual & Co, Betty & co, Hekla & Co (one item in last clicks if you missed this brand) Then there's the Isaac Mizrahi "Live" - I assume he also does a range of shrouds called Isaac Mizrahi Dead?

The odd thing is QVC UK must believe that UK buyers prefer a made up Korean/Japanese sounding name to a name that says "bed socks" when they rebranded "Comfy" to Yong Kim.

Final rant: Cozee Home! Looks as though it should be pronounced "Cozzie" as in Swimming Cozzie..(bathers if you're in Wales :mysmilie_59:).

Okay I feel better getting that off my chest. Rant over!

:mysmilie_1:

Waving back from Brighton! And I completely agree with the rest of your post......

:wave: Hi I'm waving to you from sunny Worthing!

I agree some of the US (and Canadian) brand names get lost in translation. At least it isn't Cuddl-Dudds & Co! Why Cuddl FFS? Why drop the 'e' it's even more irritating than "tonite" or "Kabin" (yes Rita and Norris I mean you!). So "cuddl" = annoying, "Dudds" suggests "defective" to me :taphead:

The term descends from the Middle English dudde, originally meaning worn-out or ragged clothing, and is a cognate of duds (i.e., "clothing") and dowdy.

😳😳😳😳 half p&p on second same item though don't forget!

The term descends from the Middle English dudde, originally meaning worn-out or ragged clothing, and is a cognate of duds (i.e., "clothing") and dowdy.

�������� half p&p on second same item though don't forget!

Yeah as if you want 2 dresses the same colour! That's the first thing they need to sort out, if not free/capped p&p at least let's drop that ridiculous thing about the 2 items being exactly the same down to the last button.

Cuddle Dudds TSV

another garment that should be bias-cut to give the proper drape and hang. Instead, they've added those pointy bits on the hem to give the illusion of swirl.

Consequently this dress is destined to 'pull' across the back waist etc because they've skimped the fabric.

I like it but the sizings are confusing. I will probably dither and then kick myself when it sells out.I Like the Olive stripe.

Why would they make it out of polyester? I'd be sweating me undercrackers off in that in summer, phew.

The dreaded pointy bits and being sleeveless make the tsv a no ta from me, plus 12% elastane seem rather a lot for summer.

another garment that should be bias-cut to give the proper drape and hang. Instead, they've added those pointy bits on the hem to give the illusion of swirl.

Consequently this dress is destined to 'pull' across the back waist etc because they've skimped the fabric.

Ah, I was trying to figure out why it was pulling across the back and the armholes were gaping on the models. Thank you Eric's Mum. Shame because I really like the style.

Latest posts

Back