Cuddi Duds TSV 20/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Far too long for me and I'd need a large for the bust but 51" hips? :mysmilie_13: Mine are at least 10 inches less than that! It would look weird but I like the colours. Saying that, the hip area of the dress doesn't look huge on the presenter or on Catherine so maybe they've got the wrong measurements or they've stretched the fabric before measuring.

CC

Last edited:
Chuntley is wearing a size small (allegedly) so I've ordered the Large in Olive (I'd normally go for a 38-40" bust measurement) but don't want the huge flare at the hips of the XL...I'd look like an ex-army bell tent shuffling around (being short). I will return if it's a total lemon!

There`s something not right about the construction of this dress because it doesn`t sit properly on any of the models, even the very slim models. I`ve a feeling on anybody who has a bit of a bum the finished look would be a kind of a hi/low effect with the hem, low at the front, high at the back, not a good look IMO and always makes me think the wearer needs a size bigger when in reality they don`t, it just means the dress is badly cut.
I know by QVC standards this isn`t expensive but for what is essentially just a throw on supposed Sun dress I think it`s overpriced.

Julia Roberts is presenting a CD show later this afternoon so it will be interesting to see her squashed into a small on this dress.

I wish the plus size girl was put in the correct size. She looked a disaster, and anyone of 'size' would definitely be put off knowing they looked like that. She maintains being a HS 16 and in the Large, well, she should have been in the XL, because it clung like a second skin on her bum !

These models seem to be struck dumb when asked a question from the presenters, particularly what size they are wearing, or what size High Street they are. They freeze like rabbits in the headlights, either that or they are thick as planks while still grinning manically !!!

I think all the colours I was interested in the stripes are sold out so I'll read the reviews and maybe they will restock it.

why dont they talk about the fabric composition. thats very important to me..i like the look of the olive and the great stripe

polyester i will not be buying that in a sun dress. why not a cotton mix or a viscose...no wonder its cheapish...

There`s something not right about the construction of this dress because it doesn`t sit properly on any of the models, even the very slim models. I`ve a feeling on anybody who has a bit of a bum the finished look would be a kind of a hi/low effect with the hem, low at the front, high at the back, not a good look IMO and always makes me think the wearer needs a size bigger when in reality they don`t, it just means the dress is badly cut.
I know by QVC standards this isn`t expensive but for what is essentially just a throw on supposed Sun dress I think it`s overpriced.

Yes it doesn't sit nicely on the body at all. It looks like it hasn't been cut on the bias, which is essential for the flow and drape of this kind of garment.

Cutting on the bias wastes more fabric, so they're undoubtably trying to cut manufacturing costs and use less fabric.

its a nice dress but my figurine needs a lot of help. i can't get away with a badly cut dress sad because i like it

Apart from the awful styles, the name of this brand is really offputting for some reason.

Apart from the dress, it was the way they were selling it that annoyed me - buy 2, buy 4 etc. But no one bothers to mention that you're paying a full P&P for every one you buy. One lady phoned in and said that she'd bought every colour, which meant that she payed just under £24 in P&P! Outrageous! Why can't they give one P&P charge per item number, regardless of the colour ordered. IMO they should be charging P&P for high value orders in the first place - very few large retailers do these days. The problem is, I guess, that as long as people are willing to feed the greed, they'll not change. The dress was nothing new either, the hanky hem is old hat - I've had styles like this in the past. I didn't realise it was polyester either. It did nothing for any of them.

Also, just curious, does this range have any business connection to Carole Hochman? I noticed when the guest was introduced on screen it said "Brand Ambassador for Carol Hochman". It seems odd to have done that if this is someone else range. Also, I sense the start of that downhill slope that we've noticed with other brands once they get on to QVC. I get the impression that QVC insist on upping prices and reducing quality in the name of profit.

Pricing customers out of the market seems to be normal for them, which has happened with brands like Marla Wynne that were fine when they first started.

I can`t understand someone wanting 6 of the same dress. Fair enough if you like something then perhaps a couple in different colours but not 6. Even if someone was wearing them in rotation it would make me think that person has nothing else to wear and they must get sick of seeing themself in the same thing.
I confess I`ve bought the same cardigan from Marks in 2 different colours and the same jumper in 2 different colours but I`ve never even contemplated buying 6 of the same dress.

I bet Julia is glad the TSV has sold out and she doesn't have to wear it. I think it will show every lump and bump. It looks fine on the models but probably not on the rest of us unless you have a slim figure.

At least the range is not so expensive as YK.

I can`t understand someone wanting 6 of the same dress. Fair enough if you like something then perhaps a couple in different colours but not 6. Even if someone was wearing them in rotation it would make me think that person has nothing else to wear and they must get sick of seeing themself in the same thing.
I confess I`ve bought the same cardigan from Marks in 2 different colours and the same jumper in 2 different colours but I`ve never even contemplated buying 6 of the same dress.

I remember once reading about a lottery winner whose biggest excitement at winning was to go out and buy a top she liked in every colour (there were about 10) each to their own I guess, but that sort of lack of inspiration just makes me sad.

I bet Julia is glad the TSV has sold out and she doesn't have to wear it. I think it will show every lump and bump. It looks fine on the models but probably not on the rest of us unless you have a slim figure.
I thought it looked dreadful on the larger model!

Yes it doesn't sit nicely on the body at all. It looks like it hasn't been cut on the bias, which is essential for the flow and drape of this kind of garment.

Cutting on the bias wastes more fabric, so they're undoubtably trying to cut manufacturing costs and use less fabric.
Cutting on the bias wouldn't really work with a striped fabric either.

Latest posts

Back