Where was our Yankee OTO yesterday QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

frenchie

Registered Shopper
I was disappointed that we didn't get a Yankee One Time Only offer on Rosa's show yesterday.
It was the hour following the Kipling show which included an OTO as the TSV had sold out, and as far as I'm aware, all of the other shows for the remainder of the day had an OTO..... so why not Yankee?

I was disappointed that we didn't get a Yankee One Time Only offer on Rosa's show yesterday.
It was the hour following the Kipling show which included an OTO as the TSV had sold out, and as far as I'm aware, all of the other shows for the remainder of the day had an OTO..... so why not Yankee?

Yes I wondered that too - can't help but speculate it's part and parcel of the fall-out from SC's other half sending those messages?

I wondered that when the two shows after candlegate were seriously curtailed! But maybe it was coincidence. I want to know what the end of that story is. SC isn't doing the shows in March and hasn't been on Twatter since that day. I am wondering if he has been suspended whilst it calms down with the ladies involved. Or whilst the husband goes to anger management classes. Anyone living in Cardiff fancy a trip to the store and some detective work?????

They don't always have OTOs in every hour! Few weeks ago there was a Decleor show I was watching and TSV had sold out but no OTO.

I wondered that when the two shows after candlegate were seriously curtailed! But maybe it was coincidence. I want to know what the end of that story is. SC isn't doing the shows in March and hasn't been on Twatter since that day. I am wondering if he has been suspended whilst it calms down with the ladies involved. Or whilst the husband goes to anger management classes. Anyone living in Cardiff fancy a trip to the store and some detective work?????

I've obviously missed something?! Could someone please enlighten me as I'm very curious!

I've obviously missed something?! Could someone please enlighten me as I'm very curious!

There was a social media storm, Scandi Princess, when someone said something less than 100% favourable about Steven, the Yankee guest presenter on QVC, and Steven's other half retaliated rather robustly. See post 1134 and the following few pages on this thread where there are more details and comments from less hysterical people (ie shoppingtelly.com forum contributors).

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/show...t-was-an-eyeopener/page114&highlight=Corfield

Wow.All that passed me by .Probably because I'm not a Yankee fan so tend not to read too many posts .

I watch the odd show though and can't really get uptight about a presenter. He can wear his hair how he likes as far as I'm concerned .

Very glad I don't do Facebook or Twitter though .

Blimey! I do feel sorry for Steven because this must have caused problems for him at QVC Towers. I personally can't imagine anyone saying anything negative about such a likeable chap but I do think his other half has definitely crossed the line! This takes me back to the issue of Facebook/Twitter ruling people's lives; it's far too easy to pour your heart out, vent, attack etc on these sites without stopping to think rationally.

Yes, but it was the oh so clever morons who decided to share the comments about hair flicking to SC's husband who are really as guilty. Especially as it was a private group where only members can read and reply to comments. Saying he swishes his hair is hardly nasty or worthy or the comments from his husband, not like someone said he looked like the back end of a bus. Yet someone decided to forward to SC's husband outside the private group. Telling tales not clever.

Wow.All that passed me by .Probably because I'm not a Yankee fan so tend not to read too many posts .

I watch the odd show though and can't really get uptight about a presenter. He can wear his hair how he likes as far as I'm concerned .

Very glad I don't do Facebook or Twitter though .

Why do Fakebookers have to comment on such trivia stuff all the time! Are their own lives so dull that they have to intrude on Selly Telly ones? Don't get it :mysmilie_5:

OMG I must have been living underground for weeks as I completely missed this. I don't read all threads though, just dip in and out. How shocking! I remember posting about SC'S roots a while back (thinking he has ginger hair but dyes it black). Thank goodness his husband did not join this forum to hurl abuse. It's not as if the comment was offensive in any way. And how petty for someone to have "reported" the thread to this husband. They need to get a life and grow up.

Whatever the FB etiquette about divulging comments (and not being on it, I have no idea) I think the husband has brought all this on their heads by his abusive and misogynistic posts. I mean when you think of the world of candles what do you think.... calm, tranquillity, serenity. Not dried up *****. I sincerely hope SC returns to Q because I thought he was very good at his job, but if he has lost it he has only one person to blame IMVHO. But we still need a local Miss Marple to visit that shop!

I felt a bit sorry for Steven C at first, too, but all that has since vanished because he has not apologised. A lot of ladies (well, men too, but the abusive messages seemed to be particularly directed at, and aggressive towards, women) adore Steven and hang on his every word. He does do a good job on QVC and it wasn't he who attacked the women on Facebook, but as I think I said on the ST Social Media thread when we were discussing the subject, Steven's refusal even to acknowledge the bad behaviour, never mind apologise, is like tacit acceptance of what was said. He should have spoken out and all the time he doesn't, I am afraid he's staying right down in my estimation. I like to think he has maybe sent a personal apology (a free candle or two would help!) to the ladies his delightful partner upset but even if he has, he should still make some kind of comment to let everyone else know he doesn't approve. Or QVC should.

Yours, Judge Andi.

Whatever the FB etiquette about divulging comments (and not being on it, I have no idea) I think the husband has brought all this on their heads by his abusive and misogynistic posts. I mean when you think of the world of candles what do you think.... calm, tranquillity, serenity. Not dried up *****. I sincerely hope SC returns to Q because I thought he was very good at his job, but if he has lost it he has only one person to blame IMVHO. But we still need a local Miss Marple to visit that shop!

Well, that would be a VERY niche candle fragrance :thinking:

We've got a Mr Marple on here - will they do? Are you free and anywhere near Cardiff, Mr Marple?

Well, that would be a VERY niche candle fragrance :thinking:

As Shopperholic will tell you, Debbie F's Elemis candle is a real treat. (I'm not sure I want to explain that to anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, sorry!)

well... haven't I surprised myself! lol
I just wondered why we weren't treated to an OTO, and discover there's a whole argy-bargy going on that had completely passed me by!
I've now read the thread regarding SC and in my opinion...... none of us are responsible for the twonkish moments of our loved ones, but by saying nothing SC is tacitly showing his agreement to his husbands stance - and that's a shame if that's the case as I enjoy seeing him on the Yankee shows... and I'll fess up - I do like a man with long hair as long as it's clean and well cared for, which SC's is.
So, put an end to all of this SC and at least acknowledge that your husband made an unwise choice in posting what he did, even though it was on a private forum, and let's have all the happy Yankee family back together again!!!! ;)

Why do Fakebookers have to comment on such trivia stuff all the time! Are their own lives so dull that they have to intrude on Selly Telly ones? Don't get it :mysmilie_5:

Some people live their lives via Facebook so everything is seen as valid for discussion. I must admit my son remarked to me about Stevens hair many months ago but we quickly moved on no big deal.

When I was a teenager all guys had long hair and my parents were beside themselves about some of my boyfriends tresses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back