I'm now loving Jill F as a presenter!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Like a lot of people on here, for some reason Jill Franks used to grate on me as a presenter. But what's happened over the past few months? It seems like more of her natural self is coming out and I now see a very funny, caring person who is really likeable. I would much rather watch her than the likes of Chloe, Jackie (erm, erm) Dale, Simon (especially Simon, who is my least favourite presenter of them all, sorry Simon) etc.

Now if she could only stop saying 'I'VE only got so many left' as the items for sale aren't hers, but I don't think she does it as much now.

In fact, now the only presenters I really like are Jill F and Julia.

I like Jill too! I know she used to annoy a lot of people but I have always found her professional and easy to watch unlike some she Silly Claire and Michal!

I can't help but feel that JF hasn't improved, it's just that some of the others are now so bad that it makes her look better. I still have to turn her off though. I've got nothing against her personally, she might be the most wonderful person for real, but I don't like the way she comes across on screen.

I still find her insincere. She almost trips over her lies and I'm afraid I find it hard to see past that.

A change of hair colour hasn't changed her demeanour to me I'm afraid. A woman in her 50's trying to be 'ditzy', and "I'm such a girly girl", doesn't wash with me - in fact it looks like she's desperately trying to keep up with the 20 something models and its not working.

There were a number of complaints on arsebook about her recently which "will be fed back xxx" so perhaps she has taken note?

I tend to agree that it's possibly because the others are so bad now and a big plus is the lack of twatts.

I'm now loving Jill F as a presenter!

It wouldn't do if we all liked the same things/people, but to me she is still a middle aged 50something acting like a giddy egotistic teenager.

I feel exactly the same!
I could not watch her for 1 minute before and saw her presenting a cook show and thought she was very funny and came across very well!
Funny how you go off some Presenters, as used to be a big fan of Pippa and cannot watch her now! There are a few others starting to grate on me too, especially Craig, Debbie and Kathy! :mysmilie_1:

I agree that the threshold for presenters can change. I used to like Jilly H but she now gets on my wick and I have to reach for the remote. Can't put my finger on exactly why I have had a change of heart I think it could be the pained look on her face when she is trying to be sympathetic and it really annoys me.

I must be unusual then, because I never change my mind about any of 'em - they're all irritating ! - whether its hands in prayer, white slingback shoes, max wall leggings, curly chest hair showing, screechy voice, girly mummy voice, y'know y'know y'know, vampire teeth; and on and on and on..............

I feel exactly the same!
I could not watch her for 1 minute before and saw her presenting a cook show and thought she was very funny and came across very well!
Funny how you go off some Presenters, as used to be a big fan of Pippa and cannot watch her now! There are a few others starting to grate on me too, especially Craig, Debbie and Kathy! :mysmilie_1:

I feel exactly the same way! Isn't that odd?

I must be unusual then, because I never change my mind about any of 'em - they're all irritating ! - whether its hands in prayer, white slingback shoes, max wall leggings, curly chest hair showing, screechy voice, girly mummy voice, y'know y'know y'know, vampire teeth; and on and on and on..............

But enough about Julia; what about the rest of the presenters? :mysmilie_14:

I agree that the threshold for presenters can change. I used to like Jilly H but she now gets on my wick and I have to reach for the remote. Can't put my finger on exactly why I have had a change of heart I think it could be the pained look on her face when she is trying to be sympathetic and it really annoys me.

Oh how I agree with you. Jilly Halliday used to be watchable but now I switch off whenever she is on. She comes across as so insincere!!

Anne Dawson is the one I have to switch the volume off for these days, she just screeches constantly

Latest posts

Back