Yankee Candle guest decides to 'move on'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The husband better be worth it!

Rarely watched a YC shows but he seemed decent enough,however reading his FB/twatter he was a bit of a drip IMO.

Thanks. I shan't read the actual messages etc (not because I am easily offended, but because there is no need), just wondered what had happened that might have caused so much of a stir.
Start reading from here

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?53365-Social-Media-That-was-an-eyeopener/page114

It goes on for many pages and even a copy of the message SC's husband sent to the two women. You will have to click to enlarge, and if offended by swearing best not the C word is used and its not Candles.

By staying silent about his husbands abusive actions, it's just the same as condoning it, and anyone who condones such behaviour shouldn't be in the public eye or allowed the privilege of free publicity to promote himself and his shop in the first place. His husband may have thought he was defending him but let's just say, there are better, less offensive ways of sticking up for your other half and what's that old saying? oh yes, if you can't stand the heat..........

Please note, I don't give a poop about YC, SC or his abusive husband, I'm just commenting on the fact that SC should've stood up and distanced himself from the whole thing, or better still, his husband could've apologised for his awful behaviour, if he does indeed love his husband, why risk the job he obviously loves, I don't know, it takes all sorts.

The way some people have been crying and wailing about him leaving on FB is very OTT! The man used to present candles for goodness sake! It's not of the end of the world (Well not the end of mine anyway)

Amazing how the groupies are quite happy to ignore the vile posts just because they luvvvv YC and SC, wonder if it would be quite the same witch hunt cries if it was, say, the steam mop fella?

Morals and ethics only apply if it doesn't inconvenience you

People who live by facebook, twitter instagram or whatever, frequently die (metaphorically speaking) by facebook, twitter, instagram or whatever. They love the adoration, love counting their followers and numbers of likes on their posts, think they can do or say whatever they like and then eventually it can all goes pear shaped. Steven`s hubby loved it when people were praising Steven and loved to spout that Steven was HIS hubby etc but along with the good on any social media, there`s always the bad and most people would just accept that and let it pass.
You reap what you sow and the hubby`s abuse meant it all came back to bite him and Steven on the bum, big time.
I`ve heard of people throwing tantrums because they hate Ideal world, Aldi, anhybody disagreeing with them and so on and they think by deleting posts it will also delete bad feeling. Not so and believe me people bite back. Those who think they`re on pedestals can easily be knocked off as this debacle has proved. Steven`s hubby thought Steven should be on a pedestal and the ironic thing is he played a major part in knocking him off. You live by the sword, you die by the sword and hopefully it`s a lesson well learned.

I think YC may have passed its peak anyway, between exploding jars, prices and smells not throwing the same. I know my melts are next to useless now.

There's an announcement on Steven's own Twatter page - first post since C-gate - and dozens of people have replied to say how sorry they are to hear of his passing ... well, you might assume from the reaction that he is no longer with us! Can't say I'm devastated that he is not going to be on QVC any more. No matter how much I like a product (and I am a Yankee fan), I am not the sort of person who hero worships people I don't know on tv. He was ok but that's it. I'm sure he'll be fine as I have reason to believe there is life beyond QVC.

Crikey almighty you would think the man had died with all the Q presenters wailing on SC twatter page.

There's an announcement on Steven's own Twatter page - first post since C-gate - and dozens of people have replied to say how sorry they are to hear of his passing ... well, you might assume from the reaction that he is no longer with us! Can't say I'm devastated that he is not going to be on QVC any more. No matter how much I like a product (and I am a Yankee fan), I am not the sort of person who hero worships people I don't know on tv. He was ok but that's it. I'm sure he'll be fine as I have reason to believe there is life beyond QVC.

How funny! I honestly had not seen your post when I typed mine (hadn't refreshed the page). Sorry if I seem to be copying you!! It's just a case of "great minds", LATI!

Chuntley will be devastated, he was definitely pushed.

Seems she and Steven are great pals and spend weekends together. I wonder if, as soon as she's gone, the potty-mouthed, job-wrecking other half calls her another name that sounds a bit like Chuntley?

Seems she and Steven are great pals and spend weekends together. I wonder if, as soon as she's gone, the potty-mouthed, job-wrecking other half calls her another name that sounds a bit like Chuntley?

I agree, SCs other half sounds like a right Chunt.

I'm actually lol'ing at the professionally outraged posters on Facebook calling it a witch hunt.
The only people to blame here are SC's hubby and the person who sent him screenshots from a closed group. Yet they're blaming the person who got sent vile messages.
Maybe if SC had had a word with his hubby the first time he sent vile messages to people then this wouldn't have happened. So SC isn't blameless in this either.

Just had a quick look at QVCs Facebook page, I can read but I can't comment (nor would I want to) but the way he's getting discussed is beyond belief, anyone would think the guy had passed on.......when does the QVC book of condolence open? :cheeky:

Let's hope nothing really terrible happens in these people's lives if that is how they cope with a few bits of smelly wax. I think they must be putting the bleeding wax in their ears cos there sure as hell isnt any brains in there.

Very much a first world problem.

Latest posts

Back