Yankee Candle guest decides to 'move on'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's hope nothing really terrible happens in these people's lives if that is how they cope with a few bits of smelly wax. I think they must be putting the bleeding wax in their ears cos there sure as hell isnt any brains in there.

Very much a first world problem.

"a few bits of smelly wax". :mysmilie_15:

I wish Steven well. I thought he was excellent as a YC guest... But still prefer Rosa. I hope they find a good replacement, but please no return for the previous guest Michaela, I think was her name.

Steven needs to tell his other half to wind his neck in or quit social media... Some people just cannot help but become total idiots in 140 characters at any time of night or day, tipsy or sober (tweeting) or kidding themselves that "private message" means private on Facebook. People lose jobs, fail to get jobs, wreck relationships and feel the long hand of the law... It's pretty much taken the legwork out of snooping and checking up on people!

Just had a quick look at QVCs Facebook page, I can read but I can't comment (nor would I want to) but the way he's getting discussed is beyond belief, anyone would think the guy had passed on.......when does the QVC book of condolence open? :cheeky:

They're probably arriving in Chiswick in bus-loads as we speak, to lay flowers, photos and lit Yankee tea-lights outside Q Towers.

They're probably arriving in Chiswick in bus-loads as we speak, to lay flowers, photos and lit Yankee tea-lights outside Q Towers.

In years to come, people will reminisce, "where were you when SC got binned from Q"

Yes, ITN and BBC news as well as reporters from around the world are lining the streets of London to get a first glimpse of the all night vigil being held by the QVC die hards for Stankey (that a cross between Steven and Yankee......Stankey) while Elton John sings "Candle In The Wind"

I put a post on the Facebook page as all their crying was doing my head in and they should know what really happened but qvc removed it very quickly!

Believe it or not, it seems one of the loudest Witch Hunt screamers is the one who copied what was said on the private group to the husband.

No idea which one? That is all I will say just heard on the grapevine.

For goodness sake what are these obsessed Groupies like! Send a quick Sorry to see you go and then move on!
Don't get this Fakebook mentality and never will! Real world, real people are always first in my world!!! :mysmilie_5:

Believe it or not, it seems one of the loudest Witch Hunt screamers is the one who copied what was said on the private group to the husband.

That seems about par for the course - some people are born sh*t-stirrers!

Off Topic...

Interesting the mention of CHuntley - I wonder whether she actually keeps the friendships she forms through QVC once the "friend" parts company with the channel? Is she still card-making and holidaying with Dawn Bibby? D'ya know what? I'm not really interested; but, at times, poor little self-depricating Cath seems almost as much of a QVC empire-builder as Debbie Flint!

I did notice yesterday in the comments a rather rancorous exchange where someone threatened legal action if the other person didn't stop alleging sh*t-stirring. I don't remember who was involved though.

I did notice yesterday in the comments a rather rancorous exchange where someone threatened legal action if the other person didn't stop alleging sh*t-stirring. I don't remember who was involved though.

legal action i wonder who that was

I love a game of fisticuffs (as an onlooker not participant). Some facebookers take these things so seriously !

If anyone is interested Steven has put a nice message on twitter. I don't use twitter but you can see it if you search for Steven Corfield and click on his twitter account. I see QVC have taken a lot of posts off their facebook page as they don't comply with the rules.

I didn't realise that Ralph from Honora has gone too.

Awwwwwwwwww, et tu Ralph . . .. .

And I'll miss Steven as well.

Best wishes for the future for both of you.

CC xx

Forgive my ignorance, I've been rather ill lately. What happened with his husband? Why would preclude his peddling the wax on Q?

Forgive my ignorance, I've been rather ill lately. What happened with his husband? Why would preclude his peddling the wax on Q?

Long story short:
2 ladies on a closed Facebook group made a comment that Steven needed his roots doing and he should stop swishing his hair about.
Someone in the group took a screenshot of this and sent it to Stevens hubby.
Hubby then sent direct messages to the 2 ladies calling them ugly witches, effing c**** etc, etc...
The 2 ladies reported the messages to qvc and Yankee candles, there was a very angry thread about it on the visitors page on QVCs facebook and now he's gone.

Last edited:
Long story short:
2 ladies on a closed Facebook group made a comment that Steven needed his roots doing and he should stop swishing his hair about.
Someone in the group took a screenshot of this and sent it to Stevens hubby.
Hubby then sent direct messages to the 2 ladies calling them ugly witches, effing c**** etc, etc...
The 2 ladies reported the messages to qvc and Yankee candles, there was a very angry thread about it on the visitors page on QVCs facebook and now he's gone.

Thank you, Targa. I think it's a great shame that this happened. Very bad PR in this case. I don't see how or why Steven Corfield should leave QVC because of this. He has several years' record as a calm, professional presenter, and he of all people would know that "to extinguish a flame quickly you simply starve it of oxygen and snuff it right out." Surely better to issue a sincere formal apology to QVC, sort out the other half in private and then bury the matter with a stake in its heart?

I would hazard a guess that the ever hardline QVC were not prepared to yield as they would deem the event potentially damaging to their brand. It may also be Mr Corfield felt the need to leave through sheer embarrassment, or perhaps a combination of both reasons.

The event serves to highlight the dangers of social media. It is quite normal to be affected when people say bad things about you or someone you care about, however lashing out is seldom ever the best way of responding. People at my workplace seem to just vanish if they say the slightest negative thing about anyone or anything at the company. When I first joined my employers I was given the task of writing an article for the company newsletter in which I described the Head of Features as: "a patronising, Bridget Jones type whose steely voice resonated in my mind like a coin scraping down the side wall of an escalator." She just laughed and never mentioned it again. She certainly treated me warily - as did everyone else.

Latest posts

Back