Credit where credit is due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Yesterday morning at 8:10am l ordered 3 tops from Ideal World , same item number different colours so one postage and packing only at £4.99, whereas QVC would have charged 3 lots at £4.99 if their postage and packing was even that cheap, this morning at 10:23am they were delivered , I have never ever had such good service from QVC so well done ldeal World.

They also have introduced their free returns sevice via Asda. I just used it today.You scan it in and it gives you a receipt and off it goes.
Its called ToYou and its used by quite a few businesses for returns.

Last edited:
That is a good service, for an archaic Selly Telly channel. The thing is we're so conditioned to expect slow and expensive deliveries from Ideal World (and the appalling QVC) we praise them for this type of service when it occasionally occurs but should we?

In the 'real' retail world of 2017 it's par for the course.

Next offer next day delivery for £3.99 and that's per order, not per item.

And they also use Hermes, just like Ideal World and QVC. It's make me wonder how they can consistently charge so much less for a consistently faster service using exactly the same Carrier.

You don't suppose the dinosaurs known as Ideal World and QVC use their delivery charges as a cash cow? :wonder:

I agree, Ideal Worlds service is great. I ordered four viscose tops at £5.99 each £1 delivery, so £25, last Thursday, got them Friday afternoon. I always get great service from Ideal World though, it's my shopping channel of choice.

I also think that IW offer a good service with fast dispatch. They also keep you fully informed about your order status. I think the longest that I've waited for a delivery is three days, so faster than QVC in most cases.

Having said that, I ordered something from QVC on Tuesday and it was delivered this morning. It was winging its way back to them by 1.00 p.m. :mysmilie_845:

I think IW have improved considerably. Delivery times, ranges on offer, competitive pricing, free returns, capped pp. I hope they keep it up.

Their range of Watches and Furniture are breathtaking, and they're sold in such a transparent and knowledgeable way.

One can rely on the insight of experts like Kevin Reynolds and Shaun Crawley. You can learn so much from them.

You know when you're spending £300, £400 or £500+ based on their candid exclamations you're buying just what they describe.

This channel couldn't fail to exceed my expectations :mysmilie_59:

As well as an improved delivery/returns service, one good thing about IW is, in my opinion, the fact that none of the presenters are welded to iPads harping on about irrelevant tweets etc., or blantantly ordering products while presenting. Allowing an iPad on air is the worse move that QVC made.

As well as an improved delivery/returns service, one good thing about IW is, in my opinion, the fact that none of the presenters are welded to iPads harping on about irrelevant tweets etc., or blantantly ordering products while presenting. Allowing an iPad on air is the worse move that QVC made.

Ideal World's presenters are far too busy behaving like completely demonic banshees to bother with Tweets.

But they can occasionally be seen with iPads, when they're shilling them.

Just the other night they offered a bargain, reconditioned iPad 3 (That's iPad THREE) circa 2012, with a defunct operating system, for the bargain price of £400.

I'm genuinely not making that up, honestly.

QVC's iPads are a complete ripoff but at least they sell the very latest models, albeit at eyewatering prices.

But nothing comes even close to that level of ripoff from Ideal World, quite astonishing :mysmilie_13:

There are some QVC presenters that come across as demonic too, as well as desperate for "we love you" tweets. And I wouldn't buy something as pricey as an iPad or iPhone, reconditioned or not, from a shopping channel. I'd get it direct from Apple.

And I did see the reconditioned iPad on IW that you mentioned, while channel hopping.

There are some QVC presenters that come across as demonic too, as well as desperate for "we love you" tweets. And I wouldn't buy something as pricey as an iPad or iPhone, reconditioned or not, from a shopping channel. I'd get it direct from Apple.

And I did see the reconditioned iPad on IW that you mentioned, while channel hopping.

To a person the QVC stooges are all dreadful, they really are.

But just look at the Ideal World goons, it's an utter freak show. How can the channel that once had the erudite Paul Lavers now have the inexplicable Peter Simon and genuinely appalling Mike Mason?

The Watches and Jalopy Plastic Furniture is one thing but Ideal World have surely now sank to new depths by selling the literally defunct, circa 2012 iPad 3 for £400.

Four Hundred Pounds! It's as bizarre as it is extortionate :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back