Doll 10 TSV 22/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sitting on my hands all day. I do like this foundation & have one on the go already. Would love, love, love the palette. However just spent too much at Harvey Nics to get the free beauty gift so I'm now on a ban from buying any more beauty items for at least 2 months! God knows how I'm gonna resist the Decleor & Elemis tsv's coming up.

Agree with others on how Doris looks. Bless her though, I really do like her.

Sitting on my hands all day. I do like this foundation & have one on the go already. Would love, love, love the palette. However just spent too much at Harvey Nics to get the free beauty gift so I'm now on a ban from buying any more beauty items for at least 2 months! God knows how I'm gonna resist the Decleor & Elemis tsv's coming up.

Quite a few palettes on ebay for about £18 which is not bad if you don't wan't the full TSV.

I would like to try Doll10, particularly the foundation and concealer, but I've had more than enough treats this month, so another time.

I'm a beauty hoarder too!
And I've ordered it :blush:
So it's no good me saying be strong.
I've recently discovered that this concealer makes an absolutely brilliant eyeshadow primer, better than any I've tried since the pale LG one that you can't seem to get any more.
BUT I have just rung up & cancelled the Tarte final drop that I had on auto delivery.

Yes, I've cancelled mine, too. Enjoy the TSV, it's a nice Spring look. :happy:

That Harvey Nichols offer was incredible, meant to be worth £600!! Nice items, too. You're going to have so much fun with that when it arrives! :mysmilie_14:

I agree Doris's makeup looks very heavy to me.The only thing I have tried from this range is the eyebrow product, which I liked.Getting the right foundation shade is a lottery.I got the IT Cosmetics TSV a while ago with the CC cream.I like it but I think that is luck.I generally find US colours too yellow & the other day I looked at the YSL range which have some pink tones & have samples of 2 of the ranges to try.(& that doesn't involve p&p to try!)

I recently bought the YSL Fusion Ink Cushion foundation, the main string to it's bow being that it's portable. The lady on the counter colour matched me perfectly (was slightly alarmed when she asked me if I like to use my foundation to warm my complexion up. No. No I don't. I'm happy pale and that's what blusher / bronzer are for.) I really like it, but it's quite a light coverage and tends to cake a bit if you try to build it up, so my skin needs to be behaving itself. Have ordered a new flat foundation brush to try with it. Gives a lovely natural, slightly dewy finish.

I held off and stayed strong, I wanted but didn't need. I had already cancelled last Tarte auto delivery to justify a previous purchase so couldn't use that one again and I did an Amazon and M&S beauty order to get the free beauty boxes last week - when will I ever learn my cupboards and drawers are heaving with my spoils! :headbang:

I would like to try Doll10, particularly the foundation and concealer, but I've had more than enough treats this month, so another time.

Yes, I've cancelled mine, too. Enjoy the TSV, it's a nice Spring look. :happy:

That Harvey Nichols offer was incredible, meant to be worth £600!! Nice items, too. You're going to have so much fun with that when it arrives! :mysmilie_14:

I recently bought the YSL Fusion Ink Cushion foundation, the main string to it's bow being that it's portable. The lady on the counter colour matched me perfectly (was slightly alarmed when she asked me if I like to use my foundation to warm my complexion up. No. No I don't. I'm happy pale and that's what blusher / bronzer are for.) I really like it, but it's quite a light coverage and tends to cake a bit if you try to build it up, so my skin needs to be behaving itself. Have ordered a new flat foundation brush to try with it. Gives a lovely natural, slightly dewy finish.

Yes, that one is very light coverage. I loved the Touche Eclat Foundation and wore BR30, its Beige Rose and have medium coverage. Then they went and added spf and suddenly normal shade was too pale and the next one up was too deep. Yes the SA is correct your foundation is not for giving warmth or colour but giving a flawless base. I was once told by a SA at Lancome(they had a new one out and giving 7 days of a sample to use), she asked me if I wanted my exact colour? I said yes please. She then said unfortunately loads of ladies always insist on a deeper shade and the real shade match is far too pale for them. Didn't like the texture of the foundation in the end. Oh and Guerlain also do more pink based foundations too.

Well mine arrived this morning and is already on its way back
Only tried the foundation and OMG is such an old fashioned cakey foundation

Well mine arrived this morning and is already on its way back
Only tried the foundation and OMG is such an old fashioned cakey foundation
jordie_tart, see if you like the mascara, it really is very good, you may want to order it later at some point.

jordie_tart, see if you like the mascara, it really is very good, you may want to order it later at some point.
Hmmm... to late it's already gone back !

TBH I wasn't sure I was keeping this as I ordered without seeing the presentation ( was away in Paris) and afterward found out the palette colours were a bit too pink and too highlighty for my tastes , but the crappy foundation sealed the deal on the return.

This is my favourite foundation it just works for me for some reason and I find a little goes a long long way.
I'm pretty happy with everything-especially the brush,but I think the lippy is just a little too pretty pink for me so may not use that but it was worth buying for the foundation and blush alone.

This is my favourite foundation it just works for me for some reason and I find a little goes a long long way.
I'm pretty happy with everything-especially the brush,but I think the lippy is just a little too pretty pink for me so may not use that but it was worth buying for the foundation and blush alone.

I agree with you about the foundation but must admit I wan't too keen on it in the beginning because I was using a damp beauty blender instead of a brush. Thanks to the ladies on here I managed to make it work by using a primer then put the foundation on with a brush.......what a difference! It looks flawless and lasts ALL day. I would say that if you don't like full coverage then this foundation isn't for you. The palette is lovely and I like all the colours especially the highlighting ones, all very pigmented but a bit chalky but go onto the skin beautifully which is the main thing. I'm very pleased I went for this TSV and I love Doris too. She's the only one that has real balls to go on live TV without any foundation on so well done her I say.
x

Mine arrived this morning, amazingly quick.
It's a keeper for me. Love the concealer, great as a concealer & absolutely brilliant as an eyeshadow primer
You need to use very, very little of the foundation, or it does look thick, & it lasts all day. The palette & brush are gorgeous.
I totally agree about Doris, she actually does show you it going on a bare face, her own & the model who sits with her too, & doesn't take herself too seriously.

Absolutely thrilled that I ordered this set. It was worth getting for the palette alone which is simply gorgeous! Have only tried the Piccadilly blush so far and it suits me so well and seems to make my eyes pop and I love the complimenting highlighters. The brush is much denser than other Doll 10 brushes and I found it strange at first. However, it applies the blush like a dream and way better than the Tarte one I have been using. The lipstick is rather brighter than I'm used to but looks SO nice and is perfect for spring/summer. It also feels much heavier than the other Doris lipsticks I use giving it a much more expensive feel. Overall delighted with this purchase which I didn't actually NEED but couldn't resist!

[/B]

Yes, that one is very light coverage. I loved the Touche Eclat Foundation and wore BR30, its Beige Rose and have medium coverage. Then they went and added spf and suddenly normal shade was too pale and the next one up was too deep. Yes the SA is correct your foundation is not for giving warmth or colour but giving a flawless base. I was once told by a SA at Lancome(they had a new one out and giving 7 days of a sample to use), she asked me if I wanted my exact colour? I said yes please. She then said unfortunately loads of ladies always insist on a deeper shade and the real shade match is far too pale for them. Didn't like the texture of the foundation in the end. Oh and Guerlain also do more pink based foundations too.

No, my sales assistant was asking me if I liked to use my foundation to warm my complexion up! Firmly told her that I like to match it to my actual skin tone, please! She did a great job matching it, anyway. Will look into the Touche Eclat Foundation, thanks. I'm hoping to visit the Giorgio Armani Beauty pop up in Covent Garden, the Power Fabric foundation has had such good reviews, though the Luminous Silk possibly sounds more my cup of tea. More things for my never-ending wishlist!

Luminous Silk is amazing if you like a satin cover its not long wear as in Lauder's Double Wear, but normal. If your skin is more combi/oily then Fabric.

As them to make you up a sample and wear it at home yourself for a few days to see which you prefer. I always do that with a new one. We have Kat Von D opened in my local Debenhams, and was interested in to her Lock It, but as it was a new counter no little sample pots. I was colour matched, she does , Light and Medium followed by Cool Neutral and Warm,then numbers to the depth of colour. I was a Cool Light 44, but reading reviews now think its not for me.

Luminous Silk is amazing if you like a satin cover its not long wear as in Lauder's Double Wear, but normal. If your skin is more combi/oily then Fabric.

As them to make you up a sample and wear it at home yourself for a few days to see which you prefer. I always do that with a new one.
We have Kat Von D opened in my local Debenhams, and was interested in to her Lock It, but as it was a new counter no little sample pots. I was colour matched, she does , Light and Medium followed by Cool Neutral and Warm,then numbers to the depth of colour. I was a Cool Light 44, but reading reviews now think its not for me.

Yes, that's a good idea, then I could just order whichever one I preferred online, as I'd know what shade I was. I haven't tried any of Kat Von D's makeup yet, know there was a lot of buzz around it's release, but haven't got as far as looking at any reviews or products properly. I liked the pallet she did with Too Faced, but talked myself out of it, as thought it was more cute than wearable!

Gosh Doris is back again with her eyelashes. Yet again Q ridiculous prices for single items, thought they would have the last TSV on with ez pay but no show.

Latest posts

Back