Girls Night In 7-9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heard it all now.

I always thought that QVC's 'The Morning Show', 'The Lunchtime Show' and 'The Saturday Night Show' could never be outdone for sheer overblown, self congratulatory nonsense but 'Girls Night In' might just pip them.

Can we expect 'Boys Night In'?

You could have Nanty, Poo Poo, Roly Poly, DODDY FLUMP, Creepy Crawley and Dirty Peter selling Football, Boxing and perhaps even War Memorabilia.

Then again, maybe Liberace Luxurious Luxury Deluxe Bedding is a safer bet? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13634

I actually think it's a good idea in theory, just not in execution.

I like the idea that if they are going to at least pretend to be ''entertainment'' then they should go all in, with these themed shows.

Plus it gives us more ammo to critique as such.

To be fair, I don't think they would be likely to have any on-screen chemistry on IW as they are never ever on-screen together... so why would they? (though I could believe that Gen and Hayley, do not get along... and Jaxx would force it to keep up her ''I'm all about my girlfriends'' routine)

The worse it is... the better for us really.

I actually think it's a good idea in theory, just not in execution.

I like the idea that if they are going to at least pretend to be ''entertainment'' then they should go all in, with these themed shows.

Plus it gives us more ammo to critique as such.

To be fair, I don't think they would be likely to have any on-screen chemistry on IW as they are never ever on-screen together... so why would they? (though I could believe that Gen and Hayley, do not get along... and Jaxx would force it to keep up her ''I'm all about my girlfriends'' routine)

The worse it is... the better for us really.

Better to have a bad idea from a A Team than a good idea from a B Team.

This team comes after all the vowels.

There's so much potential to entertain from this lot, they're so terrible they could be toe curlingly funny. But they just scream and shout the same dross, over and over and over and ............

But, in their defence, it can't be a pleasant place to be.

They know it's a mess, it's getting messier :mysmilie_59:

There's so much potential to entertain from this lot, they're so terrible they could be toe curlingly funny. But they just scream and shout the same dross, over and over and over and ............

But do they know its a mess ? I'm not so sure. The " ordinary " guests they had seemed happy ,all good fun apparently.

A bit like Qs Saturday night show that descended into chaos with John Barrowmans frequent appearances.

Might have been a bit more "authentic" if they'd all come in make up free, with uncoiffed hair wearing baggy onesies or Jim jams, tried on the clothes, did make up demos on each other, maybe let the audience do a bit of the modelling, so you'd actually see how a size 22 Nicole dress would look on somebody who's larger than a size 10 -14, maybe a bit of background music here and there. Maybe have a glass or two of appletizer in a wine flute for extra visuals. In fact they could have done a lot more with the set. Ok, I only watched snippets of the show but all I could see, was 4 presenters who didn't gel in the slightest obviously pretending to have a good time by shouting and screaming!

But do they know its a mess ? I'm not so sure. The " ordinary " guests they had seemed happy ,all good fun apparently.

A bit like Qs Saturday night show that descended into chaos with John Barrowmans frequent appearances.

Ordinary guests my hide.

They probably took the shilling of an off peak return to Peterborough, a night of luxury at the Premier Inn and a voucher for the 'Eat All You Can Breakfast Buffet' (Tea or Coffee extra).

Barrowman is low rent but Ideal World couldn't stretch to Darren Day :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0334.JPG

I think they go wrong by trying to be professional like qvc.... but not having the quality to do it.

but then again... they took Debbie Flint back, so what do I know.

I think they go wrong by trying to be professional like qvc.... but not having the quality to do it.

but then again... they took Debbie Flint back, so what do I know.

I always thought Debbie 'Chuckie' Flint was one of the most scary sights on Selly Telly, in fact she is.

But then there's Genpleaseleave.

She's chilling :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0339.JPG

To her credit, she has survived Dennice infested waters for a fair few years now though...

Indeed she has.

She has been able to transform from the pre-freak show days (when she was composed and relatively watchable) into the screeching, hysterical steamroller she has morphed into today.

I still think that Chuckie Flint is chilling with that 'stare' but Genpleaseleave is something else :mysmilie_59:

Indeed she has.

She has been able to transform from the pre-freak show days (when she was composed and relatively watchable) into the screeching, hysterical steamroller she has morphed into today.

I still think that Chuckie Flint is chilling with that 'stare' but Genpleaseleave is something else :mysmilie_59:

I admire how Flint can keep a straight face when telling people to buy TEN of one product etc.

For me, Girls night in = boys night out, cheers all.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_15:

I bet Nanty is furious, he won't like being part of something 'big' on the channel.

I'm convinced the bosses have come up with this gig in smash a few egos, so it's quite funny :mysmilie_59:

I'm convinced the bosses have come up with this gig in smash a few egos, so it's quite funny :mysmilie_59:

The idea certainly has the air of one of those 'team-building' corporate exercises except done on-air perhaps as a humiliation challenge :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
Ha Ha :mysmilie_15:

I bet Nanty is furious, he won't like being part of something 'big' on the channel.

maybe they gave him the hot tub gig, to placate his ego over this girls night in thing.

maybe they gave him the hot tub gig, to placate his ego over this girls night in thing.

They should just give him a 2 hour Luggie Special 'show', that should keep him happy.

Nobody will watch of course but he can reminisce about people lost.

Maybe he could throw in a seance? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0348.JPG

Latest posts

Back