Tignanello Handbags TSV 23/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If only they hadn't started using all the plastic in the trims and handles....

Just got back from NYC and was able to get a Tignanello handbag from their version of TK Maxx (TJ Maxx) for $20! Am so impressed with it. I've not been able to find it on Q yet but I'll have a proper look later

I hate the current lining of these bags....maybe a stupid thing to bother about but it's not the nicest (to me) so kind of puts me off buying one!

If only they hadn't started using all the plastic in the trims and handles....

The only positive for that, I think, is that a plastic handle (I assume) won't discolour through use. I had a lovely pale Italian leather bag once and the leather went quite dark on the handles which spoilt the look.

The only positive for that, I think, is that a plastic handle (I assume) won't discolour through use. I had a lovely pale Italian leather bag once and the leather went quite dark on the handles which spoilt the look.

Yes I've got that too on a very expensive handbag.

I am a huge fan of the Tig French Tote they used to do. I keep meaning to check to see if the handles are plastic on those. I think not on the silver one I have as that has been really well used and the whole bag shows distinct sign of wear. Very good quality other than that though.

I know what you mean about the lining Bigbean. Haven't had any recent ones but the lining on the older ones are a bit meh too. I love the Tote so much though I live with the lining.

Yes, there is that. I've had light coloured leather bags go a bit dark and shiny on the handle and it's not a good look, you're right. Fortunately, most of my bags are dark leather or shoulder bags which my grubby hands don't maul as much. The main reason I avoid plastic handles is they are prone to cracking and that's even worse. Or maybe these days, the plastic is crack resistant?

Tig bags always look nice but I just can't get past the mix of leather and man made materials in them. Surely they'll wear away at different rates, and the colours wont change in the same way over time.

Tignanello Leather Tote Bag with Detachable Strap & RFID Protection
Item Number: 163172
QVC Price £90.00
Todays Special Value Price £74.97
P&P £5.95

Crafted from saffiano leather, the Tignanello City Tote Bag has rolled, double carry handles and a detachable strap, a main zip fastening and silver-tone hardware detailing, plus built-in RFID protection for extra peace of mind. Featuring internal pockets and slots, this highly functional handbag is a contemporary everyday accessory that exudes chic city style.

Functional to the core - with two ways to carry and a wealth of interior pockets, this handbag's functionality is truly perfected by RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) protection. Built into the credit card slots, it helps to safeguard your details against readers and scanners, for practical, worry-free style.

Select your style - channel a sleek neutral palette with Oyster Metallic or Black Multi, opt for an on-trend twist with White Snake or update your attire for S/S 17 with the seasonal hues of Raspberry Multi or Denim Metallic.

Stitching detail at front and back
One slip pocket on outside
One zip pocket and two slip pockets with credit card slots inside
Handbag (h x w x d): 29.2cm x 15.2cm x 21.6cm (11.5" x 6" x 8.5")
Strap drop: 38cm (15")
Handle drop: 14cm (5.5")

Colour options:

Oyster Metallic
Black Multi
Denim Metallic
White Snake
Raspberry Multi

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.163172

When worn using the shoulder strap, the bag is so fat/deep, it sits almost horizontal on the hip. Looks weird.

That's all I'm watching (4 mins) because it's Flinty.

I have always been a Tig fan and have a fair few but the TSV isn't for me. As said before its far too bulky for the longer handle.

I like a bag to be one thing or the other - can't have cross body and grab handles, for me then never sit neatly to the body the grab handles get badly in the way.

It looks far too bulky as a shoulder bag, not a good look. I find the zip inner section far too faffy as well, its never been used on the bag I bought in the past.

it looks like the sides and base are plastic looks very badly constructed and stitched. better off in tk max and have a good rummage for your money

I've just watched and it looks really cheap in my opinion.

My OH said it reminds him of an accordion :mysmilie_15:

Going by the picture, what an odd looking bag. Are the handles on this bag leather? If so it's an inferior bag then, because according to previous offerings Carla Lazlo states that pleather handles are better and I quote "they don't crack". Erm ok. :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back