Glen Campbell Shut up!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Oh my goodness, he's more annoying than ever, standing sideways to the camera and occasionally sneaking a glance across. He's on with some presenter I don't recognise touting "Denim & Co." The clothes actually aren't that bad, but sadly the same can't be said for poor old GC. They just showed a navy & white stripey dress and he of course mentioned "THE NAUTICAL LOOK." What I think particularly irritates me about him the the odd vagueness imparted by all the unnecessary fillers; "coming through there, "as I said," "a statement piece bang on trend with that detail there" etc etc etc.

Please, please PLEASE QVC kick this boring man off our screens for good! You'll save yourselves another £80 and spare us the need to suffer that man's inane burblings.

I've never been an avid fan of Glen's but he has changed a bit as those twilight years approach but I looked in this morning and have to cut him some slack because it was the same tired old "fashion" we've all seen a hundred times. I feel sorry for him at times; he must come into work and sigh, thinking "how am I supposed to make this crap look and sound interesting enough to buy?". I don't envy him - or any of them really - because of that.

I still don't know what it means when they describe fashion as "edgy".

Oh my goodness, he's more annoying than ever, standing sideways to the camera and occasionally sneaking a glance across. He's on with some presenter I don't recognise touting "Denim & Co." The clothes actually aren't that bad, but sadly the same can't be said for poor old GC. They just showed a navy & white stripey dress and he of course mentioned "THE NAUTICAL LOOK." What I think particularly irritates me about him the the odd vagueness imparted by all the unnecessary fillers; "coming through there, "as I said," "a statement piece bang on trend with that detail there" etc etc etc.

Please, please PLEASE QVC kick this boring man off our screens for good! You'll save yourselves another £80 and spare us the need to suffer that man's inane burblings.

To be honest I find him much less irritating than the random selection of style advisers/brand ambassadors/personal shoppers that seem to have cropped up of late.

Awwww does Glen only get £80 a show :mysmilie_17: ( No one would pay him £80,000 he he he)

He's OK, there's much worse. That lady with the big skunk hairstyle for instance and that Katie girl that's supposed to be a stylist but always looks a state.

CC

They all spout much the same waffle, but I do find Glen Campbell particularly irritating, half the time you know what he's going to say before he even says it. Stylists/fashion experts claiming a 'crisp white shirt' and 'little black dress' are 'must haves' make me want to scream. Not everyone suits black or white, I look positively awful in both. Ivory and navy or charcoal grey are far preferable for me

Poor old Glen. I bet he's wearing an on-trend trouser with a smart shoe and no sock ... even though he has two legs.

To be honest I find him much less irritating than the random selection of style advisers/brand ambassadors/personal shoppers that seem to have cropped up of late.

Not to mention Ruth 'oh this is lovely' Langsford. She is neither use nor ornament.

It's the "story" that annoys me, amongst his other robotic words, I keep envisioning an expensive cheap looking polyester top saying "once upon a time............

100% agree. I sometimes feel sorry for him trying to say something positive about the trite he has in front of him. Imho there are lots more irritating people on qvc than Glen.

100% agree. I sometimes feel sorry for him trying to say something positive about the trite he has in front of him. Imho there are lots more irritating people on qvc than Glen.

I sometimes wonder if being an irritating person is a prerequisite for working on QVC as there are so many of them!

I've never been an avid fan of Glen's but he has changed a bit as those twilight years approach but I looked in this morning and have to cut him some slack because it was the same tired old "fashion" we've all seen a hundred times. I feel sorry for him at times; he must come into work and sigh, thinking "how am I supposed to make this crap look and sound interesting enough to buy?". I don't envy him - or any of them really - because of that.

I still don't know what it means when they describe fashion as "edgy".

Edgy = hideously unflattering for most QVC customers, I suspect!

I think all the fashion presenters suffer severe cases of cliché-itis !! There is really very little interesting or new that someone who is not in the fashion trade can actually say about the endless stream of homogenised US-led "fashion" which is gracing our screens when watching QVC. They have to say something... they have to sell it... and they are probably duty-bound to try and relate it to what is actually new in fashion, even though things which are apparently "on trend" have been on trend for the past 5 years+ while QVC insists on trying to sell the item in question at full price with no takers. Most genuine fashion retailers have stock for a season which either sells or gets discounted and then moved on to an outlet store (where more savage discounts can be applied without distressing the retailer's brand). This has been a stock-in-trade in the US for years (and we can thank them for having the likes of TK Maxx and the growth of outlet stores). The stock on a retailer's rails and shelves (and warehouses count too, in QVC's case) costs money. QVC should be attaching a monetary cost to every day an item lingers on its shelves unsold. To carry one with stock for years unsold actually means that the price they should be selling it for to recoup their costs should be going up rather than down!!! It's the reason why retailers don't hang about too long before the discounts get applied to the slowest moving stock... how many of us have been in a high street fashion retailer and seen mid-season reductions? With some of the stuff it's screamingly obvious why it wasn't not going to sell at full price... but for goodness sake, accept it, swallow your pride and get it gone... so you can tie up your money in new, more saleable items.

The new buzz word appears to be 'denim' - everything apparently goes with it. Sadly I think they are promoting 'denim' to the wrong audience, as yes, we may all have denim jeans in our wardrobe, but few of us I suspect cover ourselves head to toe in the ****** stuff !

The new buzz word appears to be 'denim' - everything apparently goes with it. Sadly I think they are promoting 'denim' to the wrong audience, as yes, we may all have denim jeans in our wardrobe, but few of us I suspect cover ourselves head to toe in the ****** stuff !

I see your "denim" and raise you a "double denim"!! QVC are living in a parallel universe where their viewers are constantly reading the gossip magazines and seeing pictures of zelebs sporting the latest fashions and wanting the same look themselves. We all know that QVC are totally incapable of replicating the looks, but they try to sell what is on their shelves as the easy-care equivalent.

Denim & Co is yet another US import, and seems to have replaced Casual & Co. I think both brands are part of the QVC brand stable, aren't they?

I seriously doubt that any of the guests for QVC fashion would actually wear any of it except when on air on QVC. At least Glen never actually has to wear any of it (unless they actually make him wear it as a bit of a gag, like they did with the H2O mop guest a few years back). I also find it hard to believe that any of the stylists actually dress "real" women with normal lives for their everyday activities.

Glen had two socks on today - red. I've decided I like him, he was quite entertaining in the bit of the show I saw today. It's his job to talk claptrap, same as the others.

Edgy means, "****** hell, who designed this??????? Maybe we can get someone who's had half a bottle of vino plonko to buy it and think they're on trend". Ahem, there speaks someone who has returned such items while muttering (soberly) WTF.

CC

I wish we could set Glenn a challenge of doing a show without using any of his stock jargon phrases. Could be quite interesting to see what he comes up with.

Don't mind Glen with socks or no socks! He does his job with a smile and gets on with it! :mysmilie_47:

Latest posts

Back