M&S Mother's Day Beauty Box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went into my M&S today, grabbed the second to last beauty box off the shelf and then went around to find £30 worth of beauty products to qualify. I failed! They had a good offer on Rosie for Autograph perfume last week but it seems to have finished and there was nothing else that grabbed me, certainly not to make up £30. With some disappointment, I put the beauty box back on the shelf for someone else.

:sad:

I went into my M&S today, grabbed the second to last beauty box off the shelf and then went around to find £30 worth of beauty products to qualify. I failed! They had a good offer on Rosie for Autograph perfume last week but it seems to have finished and there was nothing else that grabbed me, certainly not to make up £30. With some disappointment, I put the beauty box back on the shelf for someone else.

:sad:

Well done AndiK, you stopped yourself buying something you didn't need/want. I got sucked into a beauty box from M&S last year and bought a bag I really didn't need to qualify for the box. It was an expensive mistake!

Well done AndiK, you stopped yourself buying something you didn't need/want. I got sucked into a beauty box from M&S last year and bought a bag I really didn't need to qualify for the box. It was an expensive mistake!

Thanks, Ellaaa. And you have reminded me that I didn't need the items I bought in November to get my second M&S advent calendar either (and we had to pay for that set!). The current beauty box is rather nice but I couldn't justify stocking up on full price items I really don't need to get it. When I couldn't get the Rosie for Autograph perfume I might have been interested in, I tested another in the range on the back of my hand, thinking I might get that instead, but now it's dried down it smells disgusting. Today's lucky escape No.2!

I was not really impressed with the contents and IMHO not worth £80 ok as a freebie if you are buying beauty anyway but not an incentive for me.

I was not really impressed with the contents and IMHO not worth £80 ok as a freebie if you are buying beauty anyway but not an incentive for me.

I think I would have used everything but the £80 valuation does seem steep, yes.

Completely agree that it's not worth buying things you don't really want / need just to get the minimum spend gift. Last time I looked on M&S beauty there were lots of things I wanted, but this time I, too, thought I was going to have to leave the box as nothing was really grabbing me. Then I spotted an eye cream I had been planning to buy anyway (for £30 exactly!), so went with that. My box arrived today, and I am really pleased with it. Like I said, the contents of this particular box were perfect for me, which isn't always the case. I love anything rose, the nail varnish is a very pretty shade, the soap smells lovely, and I'd been wanting to try L'Occitane's new hand balm. :happy:

Latest posts

Back