New Yankee Guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You win! I wouldn't want to be forced (by QVC) to do all the social media.

As for "boring people senseless" with your candle talk, you know you can always come on here and let it out because I for one am a willing listener.

That's why I love this forum - I can voice my opinions without judgment :)

FYI, AndiK, my YC duo of Peach & Lavender and Water Garden arrived today and they're every bit as lush as I remembered/hoped for - really pleased with them.

So gothic Steven is out and Michaela's in. Will she wax lyrical or will she get on our wicks? Let's hope she isn't a tart.

Oh for the love of........ what's up with these people?! I wonder if they acted like that when Vera from the deli counter in Morrisons left? Ooooh she didn't half know how to describe that Italian sausage well you know did Vera.

That's why I love this forum - I can voice my opinions without judgment :)

FYI, AndiK, my YC duo of Peach & Lavender and Water Garden arrived today and they're every bit as lush as I remembered/hoped for - really pleased with them.

1. You certainly can.

2. I'm pleased your duo arrived quite quickly and you like them so much. What can you tell us about the Peach & Lavender - is it a blend of the two scents equally or is the Peach more noticeable than the Lavender (which I think I either read on ST or heard on QVC)?

1. You certainly can.

2. I'm pleased your duo arrived quite quickly and you like them so much. What can you tell us about the Peach & Lavender - is it a blend of the two scents equally or is the Peach more noticeable than the Lavender (which I think I either read on ST or heard on QVC)?

So the Peach & Lavender is similar to the Honey Lavender Gelato in that the dominant scent is fruity (juicy peaches), but with a spicy note of rich lavender sort of lying over the main scent. I don't have the correct jargon to describe it, sorry, but if it burns as it smells cold, I'll be a very happy bunny!

I have to say I can't really get my head round the concept of Peach & Lavender (and I am also not a fan of Lemon Lavender which may be part of the problem) but Water Garden is absolutely gorgeous IMHO. Enjoy!!

:mysmilie_59:

I have to say I can't really get my head round the concept of Peach & Lavender (and I am also not a fan of Lemon Lavender which may be part of the problem) but Water Garden is absolutely gorgeous IMHO. Enjoy!!

Honestly, I couldn't either but lavender is my favourite candle smell and I love peach too so I took a punt and hopefully it will pay off when it burns! Water Garden is just as lovely a smell as it was before they discontinued it - it's making me wish they'd bring back Ocean Blossom and Early Sunrise as I love those watery smells.

I just don't understand the continuing popularity of Yankee. I haven't bought them for years and my last ones burnt the jars black and were cloyingly vile after the initial burn. There are so many others out there that are far superior. Also, hate the way they do a new fragrance and it disappears in a season. Those ones I loved years ago are no longer available.

So the Peach & Lavender is similar to the Honey Lavender Gelato in that the dominant scent is fruity (juicy peaches), but with a spicy note of rich lavender sort of lying over the main scent. I don't have the correct jargon to describe it, sorry, but if it burns as it smells cold, I'll be a very happy bunny!

It does sound nice. I could have been put off because, like Mazza, I'm not a fan of Lemon Lavender and peach smells can be sickly, but the P&L sounds rather pleasant.

I just don't understand the continuing popularity of Yankee. I haven't bought them for years and my last ones burnt the jars black and were cloyingly vile after the initial burn. There are so many others out there that are far superior. Also, hate the way they do a new fragrance and it disappears in a season. Those ones I loved years ago are no longer available.

PrussianRed, the black soot is one of the reasons I'm trying to switch to melt cups, but I'm curious to know which smells you used to love which have been long discontinued????

(Edited to add: that sort of looked sarky once posted, I'd like to know as the ones I like always seem to get discontinued!)

Wasn't the original Yankee lady called Michaela back in the day? Don't I remember her being kind of elbowed out to make way for Rosa and Steven? I liked her and I like Rosa and I liked Steven. We'll see what the new lady is like - she's got hair similar to that girl that does the beads on C&Craft.

On candles. I ordered the coastal living tealights and unhappily they smell of zero. I now burn Asda's votives in my melt burners and there is a strong scent for days. Spring flowers is nice as is the beach one. I'm going off Yankee as I feel I have spent far too much money recently with disappointing results. After all, if you get the scent you want, it doesn't HAVE to be Yankee.

CC

Ah Tarketta - that made me stop and think! The one that springs to mind first is Evening Air which I loved. Midsummer's Night is sort of similar but, IMHO, not as nice. I like Pink Sands which I think is still current, but those 'beachy' ones - Beach Walk, Dune Grass, Drift Away, I haven't seen. But perhaps I haven't looked hard enough - the High St outlets tend to sell only the latest and most popular classics.

Evening Air. LOVED IT!!!! Willow Breeze was another of that vintage and an Ocean something which was a deep turquoise and very strong unlike the paler, weaker Ocean Blossom. Those three were what got me hooked on the fresh and aquatic fragrances. (Dune Grass was another one I really liked, a rather heady Lily fragrance it seemed to me.)

Ah Tarketta - that made me stop and think! The one that springs to mind first is Evening Air which I loved. Midsummer's Night is sort of similar but, IMHO, not as nice. I like Pink Sands which I think is still current, but those 'beachy' ones - Beach Walk, Dune Grass, Drift Away, I haven't seen. But perhaps I haven't looked hard enough - the High St outlets tend to sell only the latest and most popular classics.

Evening Air. LOVED IT!!!! Willow Breeze was another of that vintage and an Ocean something which was a deep turquoise and very strong unlike the paler, weaker Ocean Blossom. Those three were what got me hooked on the fresh and aquatic fragrances. (Dune Grass was another one I really liked, a rather heady Lily fragrance it seemed to me.)

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes to Evening Air - oh I could rave on endlessly about the simply beautiful scent that was Evening Air and ditto Midnight Cove - why did they get rid of them and keep Midsummer's Night? True it's a nice enough fragrance but not a patch on the other two - however, at least Cottage Breeze has been revived and will hopefully remain current vs a one-off USA Treasure. Storm Watch was another fabulous one - Summer Storm wasn't a patch on that one either, humph.

Pink Sands is definitely still available, PrussianRed. I just bought a jar in Clintons in fact as they currently have 50% off all Yankees in their stores. I have just posted about the offer in the "Reasons not to buy from QVC" area of the forum. It's in-store only, not online, and everything Yankee is half price - so jars, tea lights, votives, Scenterpiece, gift sets, etc. Not sure how long the offer's on for but it started today and my local Clintons was pretty busy so the choice was dwindling. Having said that, there was still a reasonable amount out - I think they are trying to keep re-stocking from the back but I may pop back tomorrow as they didn't have many jars left late afternoon. I have been thinking for a while that my Clintons seem to be giving less and less space to Yankee. It's a reasonably big shop but they definitely have a smaller area for Yankees now. Selling everything at half price makes me think they are stopping selling them. Surely not?!

The trouble is when they bring back these fragrances they only do the jars! I need matching melts and tealights to burn with them.......

They sound lovely. Had some Summer Peach votives / tealights last year which I really liked. Fingers crossed they have a reasonable throw. Just checked, and they're still in stock (damnit!) so I'm sitting on my hands!!

Wasn't the original Yankee lady called Michaela back in the day? Don't I remember her being kind of elbowed out to make way for Rosa and Steven? I liked her and I like Rosa and I liked Steven. We'll see what the new lady is like - she's got hair similar to that girl that does the beads on C&Craft.

On candles. I ordered the coastal living tealights and unhappily they smell of zero. I now burn Asda's votives in my melt burners and there is a strong scent for days. Spring flowers is nice as is the beach one. I'm going off Yankee as I feel I have spent far too much money recently with disappointing results. After all, if you get the scent you want, it doesn't HAVE to be Yankee.

CC

We had a Yankee Advent calendar the year before last, and one tealight (do wish autocorrect would stop trying to change this word to taillight!) was enough to fragrance the room. We bought some votives last Christmas, and the quality was much more variable. It's such a shame, as you always used to be guaranteed a good hit of fragrance with Yankee. I think they will have to be careful. I was wondering about Spring Flowers for my Mum, might see if I can find it tomorrow.

Pink Sands is definitely still available, PrussianRed. I just bought a jar in Clintons in fact as they currently have 50% off all Yankees in their stores. I have just posted about the offer in the "Reasons not to buy from QVC" area of the forum. It's in-store only, not online, and everything Yankee is half price - so jars, tea lights, votives, Scenterpiece, gift sets, etc. Not sure how long the offer's on for but it started today and my local Clintons was pretty busy so the choice was dwindling. Having said that, there was still a reasonable amount out - I think they are trying to keep re-stocking from the back but I may pop back tomorrow as they didn't have many jars left late afternoon. I have been thinking for a while that my Clintons seem to be giving less and less space to Yankee. It's a reasonably big shop but they definitely have a smaller area for Yankees now. Selling everything at half price makes me think they are stopping selling them. Surely not?!

Before Christmas, Bluewater Clinton's had given over almost half of their large store to Yankee, but haven't been in there since. Thanks for sharing about the offer, I'm going to Kingston tomorrow so will pop in Clinton's and have a gander.

Couldn't edit my above post, but just wanted to add that I don't envy the poor woman taking over from St Steven! I thought he was a great brand ambassador, but think the new lady should at least be given a fair chance. It's a shame her background is in TV, rather than candles, as there's no substitute for that genuine passion and knowledge, but that's true of many of the guests now.

Dune Grass - loved it. As well as Greenhouse and Garden Hideaway. Flowers in the Sun is a current fave and I like Turq Sky. Can't wait to see what the new guest will be like.

CC

Latest posts

Back