P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
I just don't seem to understand .Why does qvc charge £5.95 for an expensive item and then send it by Royal Mail 2 nd class .For that postage ,you get next day delivery by dpd with big high street stores intact less than that .Dont know whether I just woke up from slumber .

This is how they contribute to their profits, with each and every p&p you pay, that's paying for your "free phone" number wether, you use it or not.

As I said the other day, Peony don't charge postage. QVC do on their items but they are despatched direct from Peony. Explain that one.

Most organisations charge you postage per order. But not Q.

At least other shopping channels cap their postage regardless of how much you buy. I don't understand how people can afford to buy whole outfits or beauty regimes (outside of TSVs) from this channel.

I do always find it a bit ridiculous when they breakdown the value of a TSV & they says & not including the 6 lots of P&p!!!
If I was buying it separately I wouldn't be buying it from qvc & paying P&p on each item!!! I would be buying it from somewhere that offered me free postage for my large order.

I feel as you have to pay per item that it's part of the insurance for the 30 day MBG. That doesn't come for free, we pay for it somewhere down the line.

I was once told not sure if true no matter the size of the expensive thing, could be a lip balm at £60 the extra is an insurance if it goes walk about QVC are covered. Also its about profit for QVC.

QVC will never ever change their over the top p&p unless people and it will take thousands to stop shopping with them.

I was once told not sure if true no matter the size of the expensive thing, could be a lip balm at £60 the extra is an insurance if it goes walk about QVC are covered. Also its about profit for QVC.

QVC will never ever change their over the top p&p unless people and it will take thousands to stop shopping with them.

They just keep putting it up - I saw a Lola Rose necklace yesterday and the postage was £5.95. And then you wait for ages for it to get to you. One day hopefully it will bite them on their bum.

They just keep putting it up - I saw a Lola Rose necklace yesterday and the postage was £5.95. And then you wait for ages for it to get to you. One day hopefully it will bite them on their bum.

and qvc don't pay what we pay for postage as they send out millions of items each year. i but compost and shoes from amazon all free postage and fast delivery...

There is a top I liked from together which was £43+3.95 postage ,I got the same one for 28 + 3.99 for next day delivery from a catalogue which stocks together . Ridiculous!!!!

As been said before this is how QVC can afford to offer the 30 day money back guarantee even on used items which they can't re-sell ( or do sell in some cases!!). I should imagine Q make a fortune out of the postage costs which contributes to their loss on the returns. I have noticed an increase in postage costs of late, so maybe they have been getting a lot more returns.
I don't really mind the postage costs as at least I'm able to try the products & return if they don't suit. I mainly buy beauty products & there's no way I could return used items to say Boots or John Lewis for example. Unless I had an allergic reaction. I think one of the exceptions to this is Mac who will except returns on make-up tried as whether you have used it or not they will not re-sell it, it has to be thrown out. I only recently found that out.

Sometimes the MBG does come in handy but I generally only order usually a TSV if I am sure I will want to keep.I use QVC for info & then go elsewhere on the internet to order such as Lakeland where you need to spend a certain amount to get free p&p but the order is delivered before you can blink.I also use click & collect for repeat purchases.I now always factor the p&p costs into anything on QVC & spending £3:95+ on small jewellery items is a no no for me.

I have queried the high postage charges twice, the first time when I had ordered a ring in two sizes, not knowing which I needed, and was shocked when they arrived together by Royal Mail for a total cost of about £2, even though I had been charged just under £6. Both times, they said it's simply to cover insurance, as mentioned above. I say that's bollox because if they were worried about loss, they could pay for Royal Mail Signed For which would give them full compensation.

I agree with the posters above who suggest they use the high postage charges to cover the free phone number and 30 day MBG but I still think there are three other main reasons for overcharging on postage:

1. They can - people keep paying the P&P so they are happy to keep ripping us off.

2. They like being able to quote the item price only on air - eg presenters saying something is under £35, when it's over £40 with the P&P added. (That's bad enough but what is unforgivable is when they say, using the above example, "You can get this home for under £35" because that IS a lie.)

3. It puts people off returning items - not only will you have to pay the postage to return it, but you straight away lose the extortionate postage you had to pay to receive it. We all know that if they charged no (or less) P&P, they would simply increase the item price to make up for it but that's not so good for them because then if you returned it, they would have to return every penny you'd paid.

It will never change!!

Off topic but there is an interesting article on BBC on line news about how well travelled a Zara dress was.

Although the example is for a Zara dress it applies to many items probably including Q.

Very interesting read especially about the original fibre.

I have queried the high postage charges twice, the first time when I had ordered a ring in two sizes, not knowing which I needed, and was shocked when they arrived together by Royal Mail for a total cost of about £2, even though I had been charged just under £6. Both times, they said it's simply to cover insurance, as mentioned above. I say that's bollox because if they were worried about loss, they could pay for Royal Mail Signed For which would give them full compensation.

I agree with the posters above who suggest they use the high postage charges to cover the free phone number and 30 day MBG but I still think there are three other main reasons for overcharging on postage:

1. They can - people keep paying the P&P so they are happy to keep ripping us off.

2. They like being able to quote the item price only on air - eg presenters saying something is under £35, when it's over £40 with the P&P added. (That's bad enough but what is unforgivable is when they say, using the above example, "You can get this home for under £35" because that IS a lie.)

3. It puts people off returning items - not only will you have to pay the postage to return it, but you straight away lose the extortionate postage you had to pay to receive it. We all know that if they charged no (or less) P&P, they would simply increase the item price to make up for it but that's not so good for them because then if you returned it, they would have to return every penny you'd paid.

It will never change!!

I agree with No, 2. This is particularly noticeable with Yankee. I always look at the price including postage before I get reeled in to buy. Especially if you have a pack of votives. I calculate the full price then divide it by the number of votives to get the individual price of each. If you spend £50 at say Temptation Gifts (I use these a lot) you get free postage and, coupled with the lower than normal prices, you can get a much better bargain than QVC.

I sometimes buy from Gems TV. They charge £2.95 postage and you can order as many items as you like in one day. Even if you buy a large item, like a ring box, its still only £2.95. I know they send all the items by Royal Mail but they have tracked delivery so how can they do it that cheaply when QVC charge so much to send out their jewellery items.

It will never change!!

it must be expensive packaging that they are using lol!

I agree with No, 2. This is particularly noticeable with Yankee. I always look at the price including postage before I get reeled in to buy. Especially if you have a pack of votives. I calculate the full price then divide it by the number of votives to get the individual price of each. If you spend £50 at say Temptation Gifts (I use these a lot) you get free postage and, coupled with the lower than normal prices, you can get a much better bargain than QVC.
I use Temptation Gifts for orders over £50 and pay £3 for couriered next working day delivery and always arrange to be in. And the one time they let me down, they repaid the postage and I could hear the woman on the phone to the courier as I was still talking to the chap who had taken the call. They took it very seriously and were charming to deal with. I was called back with details once the problem could be explained (duff label on parcel) and had been sorted. I also rate Rhys Candles for being very helpful and friendly if you have a query with the order or think it is taking a while.

now if that was qvc they would be making sure you suffered. you would have to send whatever proof of posting through the post before they would start their long columbo style investigations. then it would be the next line of investigation did it ever leave the warehouse in the first place and the final hurdle would be getting your refund minus the postage costs because thats another journey

Latest posts

Back