P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sometimes buy from Gems TV. They charge £2.95 postage and you can order as many items as you like in one day. Even if you buy a large item, like a ring box, its still only £2.95. I know they send all the items by Royal Mail but they have tracked delivery so how can they do it that cheaply when QVC charge so much to send out their jewellery items.

I too shop with Gems - I am a sucker for sparkly things and I have lots of lovely rings from them. As you say if they can send out all your purchases from the one day for £2.95, tracked, why can't QVC. Actually I know the answer to that one!

They charge because people will pay it. Until such time as they miss their sales targets and can attribute it to the p&p, they will continue charging. To be honest they'd be mad not to.

I have two small Laura Geller purchases coming, both cost about £3 p&p. One was a £19.50 item, one was around £23. They are coming by mail so Lord knows when they will get here. Yesterday at NOON I ordered two YC accessories from their official UKsite for £22. As it was over £20 I got free postage! I assumed 3 -5 days in parcel post but they came by Hermes at 10.15 this morning. I was amazed.

The high postage costs rear their ugly head at regular intervals but until people stop buying and sales drop dramatically then Q are just going to trot out the same drivel on facebook and do nothing about it.
I regularly see complaints about high p and p, slow delivery, poor quality, ridiculous prices and poor customer care but people keep going back for more. I don`t get it especially when the internet is awash with good deals.

I got an email from Next the other day offering Next unlimited which offers next day delivery for all your purchases for one year for a £20 fee. Of course it's a great marketing tool for them because when you have paid the fee you will look at them for any purchase because you won't need to pay any more p and p plus you want to get you money's worth.

qvc sell larger sizes and i am fat again. i paid £8 to post a top and trousers i was not impressed. it does stop me buying a lot of stuff so they are doing themselves a disservice

The awful thing is that when we order from another company and get free/capped P&P and speedy delivery, speedy refunds we are amazed - Q have well and truely brainwashed their customers into thinking their awful service is the norm

I hardly ever buy anything now but if I'm really honest it isn't because of the prices,the postage,the crap service but 100% because there isn't any bleeding thing to buy it is so mind numbing boring, especially as I never buy beauty.

I too shop with Gems - I am a sucker for sparkly things and I have lots of lovely rings from them. As you say if they can send out all your purchases from the one day for £2.95, tracked, why can't QVC. Actually I know the answer to that one!

Ooh! I've never bought anything from Gems before as I don't know anyone that has. What do you think of the company & the products? Hope you don't mind me asking.

When an item is sent by RM it can take the 3-5 day ( more 5!) to arrive.I get used to delivery via Hermes & even TSV's with Q can be quick--but I am paying for that.I ordered a lamp from John Lewis on a Sunday, delivered free (over £40,) early Tuesday. a.m. That is what I like & it does influence who I shop with.Take note QVC!!!

Latest posts

Back