Yankee Candles half price in Clintons stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Managed to pop into Clintons on Thursday. Picked up a large Peony jar and a Midnight Jasmine reed diffuser for my Mum, a nice votive gift set for my MIL (fingers crossed they smell of something!!) and a large Red Raspberry jar for us, which wasn't the plan!! All half price. In that store they said the offer was ending that day, so thanks AndiK! :happy:

Well done, MIS - a good haul! Yes, the staff yesterday told me the offer was meant to finish on Thursday and then the discount was to be 20% for another couple of days. But she said the tills were still giving 50% yesterday so they kept it going. I expect it's finished today, though.

I'm glad I could be helpful as I've had many, many tip-offs on here myself so it's good to give back!

I was very tempted when i popped in on Thursday but decided not to buy any but use my stock up. I have been very disappointed lately with Yankee products, they hardly smell not anything anymore. My local Beale's store is selling Root candles which are soy based. When i next get paid i am going to treat myself to a relaxing one in Lavender + Geranium and see what it's like.

I was very tempted when i popped in on Thursday but decided not to buy any but use my stock up. I have been very disappointed lately with Yankee products, they hardly smell not anything anymore. My local Beale's store is selling Root candles which are soy based. When i next get paid i am going to treat myself to a relaxing one in Lavender + Geranium and see what it's like.

I bought Root votives at the Ideal Home Show a couple of years ago. I thought the normal prices were high, though not as bad as "posh" brands like Jo Malone, but it was near the end of the day and they were selling the votives at 10 for £10. They're ok but if you don't think you get much fragrance from Yankees, I don't think you'll get much from these either. Love to know what you think if you try one, though.

I bought Root votives at the Ideal Home Show a couple of years ago. I thought the normal prices were high, though not as bad as "posh" brands like Jo Malone, but it was near the end of the day and they were selling the votives at 10 for £10. They're ok but if you don't think you get much fragrance from Yankees, I don't think you'll get much from these either. Love to know what you think if you try one, though.

Hmm! Thank you for this AndiK. I am not sure what to do because like you say the Root ones are not cheap. I might try the melts and see what they are like. I will let you know if i decide to definitely try them.

Hmm! Thank you for this AndiK. I am not sure what to do because like you say the Root ones are not cheap. I might try the melts and see what they are like. I will let you know if i decide to definitely try them.

Only my opinion but thought I should "warn" you. It's all subjective, though, as we often say on here. Some of the smells are very nice, it's just the strength I would question. Maybe in a bigger candle (ie not a votive as I had), they are fine. A melt is a good way to try them, yes, or look out for offers before taking the plunge?

Latest posts

Back