L'Occitane that awful woman!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

candycane

Registered Shopper
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh, that ****** woman on L'Occitane - made worse with the presenter being Simon Biagi. OK, I'm doing some painting in the livingroom, which I hate doing so I'm not in the best mood. QVC on in the background until the football starts.

If that ****** woman says "unctuous" one more time I am going to wallop her (through the telly) with a baseball bat. What the hell is she on? What does that word even mean? And Biagi smarming around sucking up her backside.

Oh, and she's got the builders in downstairs (ooerr), probably fitting in another 50 cloakrooms to put her stupid ruddy handwash.

I'm off for a whisky.

C ****** C

Well I had to Google that cos I only knew of unctuous as trying to creep into someone's good books through being sycophantic. Apparently it can also mean having a greasy or soapy feel. Who knew?

Candycane, that has to be post of the week....especially your sign off :mysmilie_17:

Unctuous generally means "oily." Avocados, for example, are unctuous, as could be a creamy dessert, a trifle etc. When used in a culinary context it is generally quite positive, as it has connotations of luxury and decadence. However when used to describe people it implies smoothness, smarminess and disingenuity. I can think of countless people who are unctuous - Simon Biagi being one of them. Alexith Murdoch is unctuous in every sense of the word. I'm sure she is literally quite oily after she's slathered on her "ALLmond oyl" and perfumed herthelf with her bergamont.

OMG. Funny post! I've never heard that word before and I'm pretty well read. Glad my wine is open.......I can calm down and read the other posts from today. ALexis get a life������������

I thank the gods for Sky+ every time she comes on! I can stop on anything I'm interested in without having to listen to her annoying voice and wannabe posh posturing. When I think of the hours I could have spent listening to that...

Candycane, that has to be post of the week....especially your sign off :mysmilie_17:

I have calmed down a bit, but only a bit. Chloe got my blood pressure up again on the Decleor show banging on about buying this before you go out for lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch ahhhhhhhhh. Oh, and did you know it's Mother's Day, I'll tell you a thousand times anyway. I'm on the tea today, not the whisky, you'll be glad to hear.

CC

Alexis paints a particular picture about the brand, it's supposed to be aspirational. I don't find it chimes with the lovely staff I meet in L'Occitane shops across the country. If you aren't aspiring to be a "yummy mummy" then it's hard to identify with where Alexis is coming from.

I think she is very professional, well-prepared, and knows her stuff. I think the sales pitch is too much in one direction, but she does describe textures and scents well. Fewer clanking bangle, correct pronunciation of bergamot, bigarade and other words wouldn't go amiss... And no more sifting and gifting or teacher's gifts!

Alexis paints a particular picture about the brand, it's supposed to be aspirational. I don't find it chimes with the lovely staff I meet in L'Occitane shops across the country. If you aren't aspiring to be a "yummy mummy" then it's hard to identify with where Alexis is coming from.

I think she is very professional, well-prepared, and knows her stuff. I think the sales pitch is too much in one direction, but she does describe textures and scents well. Fewer clanking bangle, correct pronunciation of bergamot, bigarade and other words wouldn't go amiss... And no more sifting and gifting or teacher's gifts!

I think you have nailed it on the head which is why she annoys the hell out of me! Luckily I am not a fan of the range anyway so I don't have to suffer her.

I have calmed down a bit, but only a bit. Chloe got my blood pressure up again on the Decleor show banging on about buying this before you go out for lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch ahhhhhhhhh. Oh, and did you know it's Mother's Day, I'll tell you a thousand times anyway. I'm on the tea today, not the whisky, you'll be glad to hear.

CC

I wondered what the heck was the white thing she was wearing.

CC

There was a great Chloe-ism the other day. She was on with the Tan-Luxe bloke, and said "You were voted Best New Brand in the QVC Beauty Excellence Awards, what an accolation!"

There was a great Chloe-ism the other day. She was on with the Tan-Luxe bloke, and said "You were voted Best New Brand in the QVC Beauty Excellence Awards, what an accolation!"

We should collect them. A new female version of Coleman balls, for those old enough to remember!

I'm not an expert, but I think her speech impediment is more a dental problem. Her front top incisors are too short, so she can't pronounce "s" or soft "c"'s without difficulty. Otherwise, I don't mind her (except maybe for that maddening bracelet clattering against the bowl when she's demonstrating the unctuousness of something or other, like "look at my lovely bracelet").

Years ago my Mum would have called her impediment as being 'short tongued'.

When all said and done, L'Occy and Molton Brown are just smellies ! and the 'ambassadors' have to have good descriptive skills (like Yankee Candles) to conjure up an idea of a place or time. Whether its the senses being battered by "heady lunchtimes in your local chippy"; or the aromas of ' rubber nights at the Cobblers ". Its expensive soap, - handwash or shower gel, it goes down the drain, and I'll make do with Colemans Tar, it smells the freshest of the lot !

Years ago my Mum would have called her impediment as being 'short tongued'.

When all said and done, L'Occy and Molton Brown are just smellies ! and the 'ambassadors' have to have good descriptive skills (like Yankee Candles) to conjure up an idea of a place or time. Whether its the senses being battered by "heady lunchtimes in your local chippy"; or the aromas of ' rubber nights at the Cobblers ". Its expensive soap, - handwash or shower gel, it goes down the drain, and I'll make do with Colemans Tar, it smells the freshest of the lot !

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back