Skechers Footwear TSV 08/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They don't support my feet. Everyone has different issues with their feet. I don't get good arch support, and coupled with their cutting on the vamp, which is right where the shoe flexes... Instruments of torture for me, sadly.
Thank you for that explanation. I once had a pair of expensive Austrian shoes in a flat ballet style and I could not walk in them due to them hurting so much on the ball of my feet. I have never bought another pair of ballet style shoes again as I assumed it was the style of shoes that was the problem. May try some others now.
Any enlightenment as to why I cannot wear slingbacks? The strap just falls down the back of my heel

Thank you for that explanation. I once had a pair of expensive Austrian shoes in a flat ballet style and I could not walk in them due to them hurting so much on the ball of my feet. I have never bought another pair of ballet style shoes again as I assumed it was the style of shoes that was the problem. May try some others now.
Any enlightenment as to why I cannot wear slingbacks? The strap just falls down the back of my heel

Glad my explanation helped. I can wear some Clark's flat pumps (a style called Atomic Haze) but not all. I am eagle-eyed spotting the depth of the toe covering and where and how the shoe is styled where the foot bends. Once you have bunions it becomes even more critical. A strap across the bridge of the foot really helps in many cases, but not all.

I don't reject brands wholesale, just certain styles. And cheaper shoes often scrimp across the vamp and cut too low (toe cleavage galore) so you end up clawing with your toes and shuffling to keep the things in your feet!

I can only do a slingback nowadays with a wider, elasticated strap behind my heel... They seem to stay on that way. The slim buckle style ones never stay in place for me.

I had a pair of black patent pumps from M & S (just to contradict myself about rejecting brands wholesale) with a Cuban heel. I wore them to a dinner dance, and spent most of the evening not wearing the shoes. I wore them for a friend's special birthday which became the longest day of my life... Walking across the cobbles at Covent Garden was agony. I ended up pleading for a taxi to get to each of our subsequent destinations - all in easy walking distance - and finished a freezing January evening walking home barefoot, which was utter bliss! The same shoes are probably wonderful for someone with different feet, but two outings and into the charity bag they went. I only buy the occasional slipper from Marksies now.

In general my footwear is certain Skechers styles, Birkenstock and certain Clarks styles.

I really like these, but they have very mixed reviews Brissles, especially about being too big and also the rims rubbing. Did you find this at first and did you have to go down a size?

Not at all ! I take a 6, so a size 39 fits me fine. I've also not had any issues with the rim rubbing either - and I've got a Morton's Neuroma under the toes of my left foot, so my feet are super sensitive.

I also find they wash like a dream in the washing machine !

I'm the same with slingbacks, was once told ( can't remember where or by whom, a shoe shop assistant I think) that I have a narrow heel. Slingbacks that have adjustable buckles don't work either as even on the tightest fastening they work loose. I have one trusty pair of Slingbacks that work, bought from Clarks a few years ago, and they have a small piece of elastic on the inside of the slingback that seems to make all the difference.

They don't support my feet. Everyone has different issues with their feet. I don't get good arch support, and coupled with their cutting on the vamp, which is right where the shoe flexes... Instruments of torture for me, sadly.

I can never find a pair of M & S shoes that are comfy. I really like Fly Flots which I wear all the time in the summer, and I love my Pavers boots in the winter. I have funny feet in that I really have to shop around these days to find something suitable especially in the winter. I cannot any longer wear a high heel - if I do I get a horrible pain shooting up my middle toe on one foot. It is a horrible feeling.

Lol obviously bombed in April and there seems little interest now and I can see why.

I have had Sketchers for years & have always found them super comfortable but like many ranges on QVC am a little tired of the styling now ( including this TSV) I am looking at some styles in the Geox sale. I would have to order online which goes against my better judgement--but have had styles from the brand before so should be OK.I am so used to casual styles now so when I put on a more formal style I hit problems.I have a couple of very nice heels in the wardrobe but they kill me.Oh! for the days when I could stand in high heels all day!Even trying on shoes in a shop does not give a clue as to where they will rub in wear--bring on the Compeed!

Are they reselling the returns then?
Though I'm sure they could have been on offer at the outlet at £19.99

Latest posts

Back