A Kinkycade by any other name?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Through the post this morning came one of those fashion, crafts & homeware booklets you get in newspapers and magazines....flicking through while having a coffee, I came across a range of jigsaw puzzles with pictures of rural scenes, country cottages, etc. - for all the world, they were Kinkycades in all but name, but in jigsaw format. So you heard it here, ladies and gentlemen - stop spending your zillions of hard-earned cash on all those Kinkycades you've all got hanging on your walls (yeah, right, do I hear you say?). All you need to do is send off a couple of quid and you, too, could be the proud owner of a jigsaw lookalike! And why not finish the puzzle, get it framed and hang it on your wall? I was so delighted I needed another coffee to calm down and tissues to wipe away the tears (of laughter).

I showed the page to a friend, asking "what does this remind you of"? With no prompting, the answer came back - "that crapfest on IW".....couldn't have put it better myself.

Through the post this morning came one of those fashion, crafts & homeware booklets you get in newspapers and magazines....flicking through while having a coffee, I came across a range of jigsaw puzzles with pictures of rural scenes, country cottages, etc. - for all the world, they were Kinkycades in all but name, but in jigsaw format. So you heard it here, ladies and gentlemen - stop spending your zillions of hard-earned cash on all those Kinkycades you've all got hanging on your walls (yeah, right, do I hear you say?). All you need to do is send off a couple of quid and you, too, could be the proud owner of a jigsaw lookalike! And why not finish the puzzle, get it framed and hang it on your wall? I was so delighted I needed another coffee to calm down and tissues to wipe away the tears (of laughter).

I showed the page to a friend, asking "what does this remind you of"? With no prompting, the answer came back - "that crapfest on IW".....couldn't have put it better myself.

Historymystery, I am upset. Do you mean I have wasted my hard earned money buying valuable Kinkycades when I could have got the same effect from a jigsaw. I am inconsolable (sob sob) ...

Sorry, Muttley, but someone had to break the bad news to you.. Now dry your eyes and cheer up - after all, you got the spiel from Pete's own fair lips, his earth-shattering "acting" performance and all the gut (sorry, I meant 'heart') wrenching emotion on screen. Money can't buy that, you know, and no jigsaw puzzle in a catalogue can possibly replicate Pete's own brand of.....(I'll leave you to fill in your own choice of word).

Historymystery, I am upset. Do you mean I have wasted my hard earned money buying valuable Kinkycades when I could have got the same effect from a jigsaw. I am inconsolable (sob sob) ...

Sorry, Muttley, but someone had to break the bad news to you.. Now dry your eyes and cheer up - after all, you got the spiel from Pete's own fair lips, his earth-shattering "acting" performance and all the gut (sorry, I meant 'heart') wrenching emotion on screen. Money can't buy that, you know, and no jigsaw puzzle in a catalogue can possibly replicate Pete's own brand of.....(I'll leave you to fill in your own choice of word).

I'm not a crude person, but the word I am inserting only has four letters.

If you watch any of the 1970's programmes in ITV3 (say On The Buses) just have a look at the walls.

You'll see a plethora of Kinkade-esque artwork.

In fact half the clothes look like they were made of Kinkade cloth :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0004.jpg

Many of the clothes from Q's "fashion"(?) ranges do look exactly like 1970's wallpaper or artwork, come to think of it. Either that, or they resemble Granny's old net curtains.

Wirral70;890312]If you watch any of the 1970's programmes in ITV3 (say On The Buses) just have a look at the walls.

In fact half the clothes look like they were made of Kinkade cloth :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13764[/QUOTE]

Many of the clothes from Q's "fashion"(?) ranges do look exactly like 1970's wallpaper or artwork, come to think of it. Either that, or they resemble Granny's old net curtains.

Wirral70;890312]If you watch any of the 1970's programmes in ITV3 (say On The Buses) just have a look at the walls.

View attachment 13764
[/QUOTE]

The Q clothes are often straight from Olive's wardrobe :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0008.JPG

Many moons ago on ST, one of the FM's said that Thomas Kinkade was the painter of shi*e...:grin:

Latest posts

Back