yabba yabba yabba yabba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the middle of an Honora presentation Del Boy has launched into her review of La La Land and wants twatts of people's reviews! Why? It a jewellery show not Film 2017.

Devon any minute now

To push my point even more, I've just had 4 minutes of Del Boy on the Together show. Her and Carla are in non-stop chat mode, with cackling Flint pushing her DebbieFlint AUTHOR @QVC address, and how we must go to her blog to catch the Elemis tsv that everyone is buying (whats the sodding point of a midnight tsv if its being sold already ?).

Anyway cackling Flint said that she and Carla are like old mates catching up while they work !!!

As this is becoming more noticeable by all of us, I wonder if a directive has gone out to fill out the time with personal chit chat, well here's yet another one who is turning off more and more.

To push my point even more, I've just had 4 minutes of Del Boy on the Together show. Her and Carla are in non-stop chat mode, with cackling Flint pushing her DebbieFlint AUTHOR @QVC address, and how we must go to her blog to catch the Elemis tsv that everyone is buying (whats the sodding point of a midnight tsv if its being sold already ?).

Anyway cackling Flint said that she and Carla are like old mates catching up while they work !!!

As this is becoming more noticeable by all of us, I wonder if a directive has gone out to fill out the time with personal chit chat, well here's yet another one who is turning off more and more.

TSV not only sold but received and used and reviewed!

I think they blab on about themselves/family/holiday/books/weddings/and other non qvc goods related clap trap because they are allowed to get away with it.Noone whispers into that earpiece,"Get on with your bl**** work".
They believe their lives are to be aspired to by us,as mere mortals.If we buy products from Q and follow them,we just may reach the heady heights of Z listerdom
( vicariously).
However,personally speaking on the whole my life is just dandy thank you.So why don't those narcissistic, workshy presenters beat a hasty Retreat.Lets have a new batch who do the job they are supposed to.

Last edited:

I caught a glimpse yesterday of her stuffing her gob full of pies, biscuits and sweets so how is it that this wannabe author, Basil Faulty guest house owner and all round Queen of Social Media can bring out a diet book lecturing others on how to eat? The girl must be cackling all the way to the bank. :witchbroom: while screaming suckers!!. :mysmilie_19:

Vomit-inducing 5 minutes watching the Join hour hosted by CH. She insisted on reading out a slew of tweeted compliments, besides pouring a boatload of treacle over Evie (I'll and watching from home, apparently), the models, the clothes, and the tweeters. My teeth were aching and I felt nauseated. Yet another method of shameless self-publicising... And it needs to stop. Who knows how many product questions might have been ignored to enable her to read out that she looks lovely, is the Tweeter's fave presenter etc. Pass the sick bucket!

I want to know about the product, the sizing, the washing, the fabric. Obviously too much to ask for.

It does seem to be getting worse. I watched the Debbie/Carla Together show and, although its nice to see that they all get on so well, Debbie's laugh is really awful - she sounds like a witch cackling. Its as if she is saying - look at me, I'm really enjoying myself. Its like going to a restaurant and someone on the table next to you is laughing out loud just to draw attention to themselves. Ugh.

Vomit-inducing 5 minutes watching the Join hour hosted by CH. She insisted on reading out a slew of tweeted compliments, besides pouring a boatload of treacle over Evie (I'll and watching from home, apparently), the models, the clothes, and the tweeters. My teeth were aching and I felt nauseated. Yet another method of shameless self-publicising... And it needs to stop. Who knows how many product questions might have been ignored to enable her to read out that she looks lovely, is the Tweeter's fave presenter etc. Pass the sick bucket!

I want to know about the product, the sizing, the washing, the fabric. Obviously too much to ask for.

I have a sick bucket reserved for Chuntley all on her own, I'll pass it over in a sec!

The chit chat has definitely increased but seems to be only with certain presenters!

I don't mind the odd mention off the subject matter if it's interesting but some do go on and on about their own lives!
Real Shoppers are not interested in this and only like to hear about the product on show! :mysmilie_11:

The thing I don't get is, surely they would have more satisfied customers and fewer returns if they went back to the old style of presenting; giving viewers full details about the items and allowing the guest presenters to explain stuff properly?!?!

Seems obvious to me that the current style of presenting encourages lots of sales, but in turn, also results in many more returns and dissatisfied customers - Q's FB page is full of em!

I did take notice at the weekend of Julia's presenting style. Yes, there were one or two moments of personal life creeping in, but in the main the product was discussed with sizing and colours, which is how it should be.

Chuntley's constant hair changes warrant her preening in front of the monitor which she is always sideways glancing at - of course with the right pouting poses. Lately the last thing they care about is the product itself. Surely the CEO of QVC must realise there's something wrong ?

I did take notice at the weekend of Julia's presenting style. Yes, there were one or two moments of personal life creeping in, but in the main the product was discussed with sizing and colours, which is how it should be.

Chuntley's constant hair changes warrant her preening in front of the monitor which she is always sideways glancing at - of course with the right pouting poses. Lately the last thing they care about is the product itself. Surely the CEO of QVC must realise there's something wrong ?

I get the impression that no-one is in charge any longer with all the gibberish that is part of the presentations these days.

Reading out inane tweets from sycophants about how many of this and that they have, etc. Presenters droning on about their personal life, and how many products a certain presenter has left as if it her company and the products her own, and how she uses absolutely everything.

Not giving sizes, right colours, being unprepared for shows. What on earth do they do before most of them come on air as they hardly ever seem prepared at all. Constant admiring of themselves in the monitors. Hard sell - 'buy three of these and give them away as presents', said hard faced Flint this weekend. This was the Elemis TSV and she then went on to say 'get it home for only £14.99', not mentioning that was a first easy pay. It really annoys me. The talking over of guests - oh, I could go on and on.

The thing is that it never changes - so management obviously do not care. If we can see all the things that are wrong - why can't the CEO?

I think my grumpy tablets need upping.

The thing I don't get is, surely they would have more satisfied customers and fewer returns if they went back to the old style of presenting; giving viewers full details about the items and allowing the guest presenters to explain stuff properly?!?!

Seems obvious to me that the current style of presenting encourages lots of sales, but in turn, also results in many more returns and dissatisfied customers - Q's FB page is full of em!

I think Q's approach in general is very short sighted. They're all about the quick win, and never seem to see the bigger picture / consider the long term implications. Their focus seems to be on acquiring new customers, rather than keeping their existing customer base happy. I can only assume from the presenters imploring of us to get it home, irrespective of need or suitability, that their commission is not affected by returns.

They seem to have taken their foot of the gas with most presentations these days!

Only an observation but I can say this, as I've been a shopper and watcher since it began! Before it was all about the product and now it's what they had for breakfast, what film they have seen and what book they have written, blind dates and Weddings!!! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_1:

Latest posts

Back